Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mysterious Pony at the end? *spoilers*

Seaweed-Headed Dragon

I'm going to say that it's probably some other villain like King Sombra and Queen Chrysalis that is going to attack the castle or something at the end of the season. I don't think it's Trixie, Zecora, or any other pony that has already been introduced.

The shadow pony can't be a live pony because it is translucent.  You can see the background behind / through it.  But is this the first time an episode has ended with a cliff-hanger?  

And this has got to be the most terrifying episode ever.  Practically lost AJ off that ledge -- no wings, no horn... what could an earth pony do?  And yes, we know Angel was safe, but wasn't it heart breaking when Fluttershy thought Angel was killed?

MLP isn't for kids anymore.

-Arlene

AKA Mayor Mare of the Grand Brony Gala

I took a closer look at the shadow and discovered that the clothing is basically identical to Trixie's clothing. I made a little analysis of the shadow's appearance:

t9wf.png

Impressive, most impressive. You have shown us much. :-) It could be true but if it is her it would mean that the enemy hasn't arrived yet.

As far as we know, for whatever reason, princesses like Luna/NMM and Celestia and the Mane 6 are the only ponies who can see and enter that old castle today.  Look at all the old artifacts and books in there.  If the ruins were unguarded for a thousand years, eveything inside would have been plundered by now, even if it was hidden in the dangerous Everfree Forest. 

For this reason, I suspect Princess Celestia put some kind of protective spell on the castle.  It might be in a pocket dimension or invisible to most ponies.  But because the Mane 6 have a connection to the Elements of Harmony, they are immune to this effect. 

This leads me to my final point:  These so called Shadow Ponies can also see, enter, and utilize this castle. 

Or maybe I'm just overanalzying a kid's show again.  ^^;  It'll be interesting to see who the Shadow Ponies are in any event. 

Edited by Wingnut