Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Twilight reject ultimate power?

Bendy

Reject or accept ultimate power?  

8 users have voted

1. 1. Reject or accept ultimate power?

• Reject ultimate power.
    • Accept ultimate power.

Since Twilight is the element of magic, that could mean she is the most powerful being in the world. What if she was given the chance to become far more powerful, but as a consequence she will go insane and turn into something like King Sombra or Morgoth from The Lord of The Rings, will have no friends anymore and be so powerful she could destroy the entire world and remake as she wished, if she wanted to.

I think it would be a good lesson in the show.

----

Spirt Of Ultimate Power: Your friends and compassion for others hold you back Twilight, become what you are truly meant to be. Power, without any baggage to weaken you. Accept my gift.

So should Twilight reject ultimate power? Or accept the power and go insane on the level of like being becoming the Lord Of Murder from The Forgotten Realms.

Edited by Rush

I think that's a bit of a dark direction for the show to turn in; a similar but more appropriate lesson would be where a character gets into some kind of postion of authority with good intentions, but then lets the power get to her head.  Either way, I don't think it's a great idea for a story, if only because it's been done so many times before.

There would have to be a legitimate reason for Twilight to accept ultimate power. If gaining ultimate power was able to save her friends from a mysterious enemy that they can not defeat, or this newly found power can have good results. As we've seen before in TV shows and movies, when a character has power it is hard for them to let go of it and start to become power hungry.

Me: Hey Twilight. Do you miss having ultimate power?

Twilight Sparkle: Miss commanding regimented forces of destructive power? As we encircle the globe with our terrible iron                                       hooves of might? 
                         [she gradually raises her voice and sounds and looks more maniacal
                          Crushing down all the pathetic fools who dared stand before us?

Gorging our bellies on their cries for mercy, until at last

I ALONE STAND AS THE GLORIOUS DARK LORD

OF ALL THE KNOWN

UNIVERSE! 
                           [she gasps for breath before suddenly calming down
                           Not at all. Don't miss it. 

Edited by Malinter

She should and would definitely reject the power! Although crazy Twilight is hilarious and fun! If she did accept it though, she'd probably lock herself up with her last ounce of love for her friends and subjects. 

Edited by DarligPegasi