Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Floppy and HDD music

Dranaar

I'm not sure is the good section for post (Maybe other fan work). I hope it is because i do not compose the music.

I do some floppy music in my free time and I would like to share, and to have some feedback about how to improve the different song. It's the better way for improve  ;)

I have at the moment 6 Floppy drive and 2 HDD (No song upload yet with the 2 it's new from two days ago), I don't think I will have more in the future, it's quite enought for me.

So here are my two last video:

Gypsy Bard:

Awaken:

And two old I like a lot:

A true true friends, it was the second MLP music I have done

And Discord (The Living Tombstone remix)

I have some WIP project at the moment:

-Children of the night (done but need upload)

-Lost on the moon

-Luna -Eurobeat Brony

-The S4 song when they will have

Edited by Dranaar
  • Brohoof 10

Thank you ^^ I continue to work on some songs, I also add another channel for the non MLP song so it's hard to do for the both channel.

I have some difficulty with the high note, so some time it can be sound weird (especially for come little children) I will try to fix that if I can.

So here two new videos:

First one :Lost on the moon

And second one: children of the night (come little children)

WIP:

-Luna - Eurobeat Brony

-This Day Aria

-Season 4 songs ?  :(

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, I can't wait to see what the next ones sound like, especially This Day Aria. Hopefully there will be some good songs from season 4 that you could do. And I subscribe to your Youtube channel too just so I can keep updated :P

• Brohoof 1

this is so epic! :o

i didn't even know this stuff was possible! and it sounds just like the songs! you are epic!

Dude, people make floppy disk and hard disk music all the time :D 

For example, my personal favorite

:D

Anyway, these songs are great! Good job @@Dranaar!

• Brohoof 2

Thank you and yes I use the program of Sammy1am you have quote ^^

Hope new episode, new video :) It was fast just two days, thanks to DJDelta0 who have done the midi I use

• Brohoof 1

You know, the bounds of creativity by the passionate shall never be fully plumbed. I'm actually a huge fan of non-conventional music, especially the Floppy/HDD stuff. Oddly enough, given the current popularity of SmoothMcGroove, I find there to be stark few pony a cappella artists. I'll be honest and say that I don't particularly enjoy most "original" vocals in FiM Fan music, but I'd let my ears bleed to vocalized renditions of Smile!

Edit: Is it wrong that out of this person's talent, the thing I'm envious most is that crisp handwriting?

Edited by Shino

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not good enough for singing  ;)

New episode, new song so here a floppy and HDD cover version:

I'm quitte happy of the result

Edited by Dranaar

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

It's like I can't delete and post my old message with an edit so I post a new reply

It's like we have a lot of song from the show last weeks so here Generosity from Rarity takes Manehattan (there are just a few problem of upload with the first seconds)

Edited by Dranaar

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Thank to DJdeta0 there was a very fast transcription of the new song, so here the new video, Hope you enjoy :)

If there are some curious people I also have done Bad Apple!! from Touhou for my 50 suscribers

Edited by Dranaar
  • Brohoof 1

Wow, that dragon pony is so cute! ....oh, right, music.

This stuff is awesome! The only draw back is that with floppy drive music, it sometimes sounds like a dentist's drill and makes me cringe....

The Smile Song is my favourite! Using those floppy disks for the spoken lines was brilliant.

@@Dranaar,

Eh another Arduino enthusiast? ih ih... (i'm from Italy so i have too many of them hanging around.... they are so damn cheap)

anyway! congratulation! any change we get the program? :comeatus:

nah just kidding.. it would be awesome anyway.... still.. congratulazioni amico

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Thank you  :yay:

@@Secretive:The dragon pony is a ponyfication of one of my OC :) but the smile song is not from me but from Sammy1am, the creator of the program I have use and modified.

@@Doc. Volt : For the programm like I have said juste before it had been made by Sammy1am and you can find the harware set-up (for the Floppy disk, not the HDD) here:

and the link for the source code here:

https://github.com/SammyIAm/Moppy/tree/moppy-advanced

Edited by Dranaar
  • Brohoof 1

@@Dranaar,

nah it is not, after you learn how to deal with IGBTS it's simple... the only problem is the HUGE amount of them that you will inevitably fry :( :( :( too damn delicate.. also an oscilloscope and a frequency generator are mandatory :( i guess you can build a simple spark gap one btw.. just look for an NST (neon sign transformer) but you can't make music with those :(

Okay, this thread is awesome!  Never seen this done before, never thought about this being possible! Friggin awesome...Gotta get my crazy computer friends to do stuff like this :yay:^_^:lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Thanks ^^

So Half of the song from this week are done so here there are:

It seem I can't have three videos in the same post so this is a link to the last  :yay:

Edited by Dranaar
  • Brohoof 1