Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

now that we're free from the elements of harmoney

FNGRpony

we could refine the aspects that define the main six.

Now rising with Rarity,

please don't turn this into "you hate rarity roar!"  Please, please, please, please with a muffin on top.

I've heard it suggested some where faust had intended rarity's element to be creativity.  That seems to really fit.

Instead of arguing wether she's generous or greedy, you can almost always say she's creative.

this is a good thing.  I understand it's more of a chaotic aspect than harmonies but we're not bound by the elements anymore ^^.

totaling  twilight

Now no doubt twilight is really good at friend ship and magic.

i FEEL the real aspect of twilight she always embodies non stop is knowledge itself or rather learning.  she's always learning.  Granted that's kind of chaotic because she's always in a state of change and growth,

what else is learning but taking us to a place we're not harmonies, that we're not confident, and comfortable.

but non the less it feels like her passion.

Advancing with apple jack

Guidance

We all noticed it in the season premiere.  Not a bad second in command.  i was going to say leader ship, but you can' t have to leads.  So the second voice could be
"the voice of reason."  Apple jack would appear to be one of if not the most level headed ponies.

Progressing with pinkie pie'

Progressing with pinkie pie.  Doesn't that sound like a column?  Pinkie pie while fun when compared to the rest in this season, (and only by comparison) feels a little flat.  Kind of a one note joke.  and honestly i'm not sure what to do with her?

I mean yeah laughter still works,  but we're getting character growth with everyone but pinkie?

Remembering rainbow

Rainbow's picked up the role of teacher as of late in the past 2 seasons.

becoming a figure head in wonder bolts academy.  mentoring scoots and twilight in season 4.

Rainbow could embody teaching.

Finally Flutter shy

you know i didn't intend to make the bold headers whimsical but after i noticed A.J.s and pinkies sounded that way i went back and kept the theme.  You know kindness already works, and no one said having a new aspect means they have to lose their old character just add a new look.

It's not as if rainbow would stop being loyal, twilight would stop being friendly, or pinkie stop laughing.

Temperance-  abstinence, chastity, modesty, humility, prudence,self-regulation, forgiveness and mercy

sound like any pony you know?

Specially that forgiveness and mercy party?

thoughts?  ^^

Edited by FNGRpony

Well, the Elements of Harmony are engraved in the Tree of Harmony but even without wielding the Elements they are still the physical representation of the Elements themselves because even when they aren't able to use the Elements they are still able to help each other out.

• Brohoof 5

Well the spoilers seemed to suggest that Pinkie Pie may actually be some kind of distant relative of the apples. she was from a farm orginally after all and the most noticable fact was that its granny smith that called her "apple-kin" not AJ (who's called her an 'honourary family member before" so Pinkie might get some growth yet.

If anything, the Elements of Harmony highlighted the notable traits of the Mane 6, not held them back as Scootalove notes. This is best illustrated in the premier pilots Friendship is Magic. Sure that message may have been muddled and diluted over time, but that's why ultimately the show shifted gears. 

For those that don't understand it yet, The Mane 6, like Cadence and the citizens of the Crystal Empire and the Crystal Heart, empower the Elements of Harmony. Not the other way around. Without a wielder of those virtues, the Elements are mere jewelry.

Also for those naive enough not to understand it yet, Twilight's element is friendship itself, not magic. Her magic, along with her other powers are simply strengthened by her friendship with her friends.

• Brohoof 6

Well said Scootalove and Cwanky! The Elements and now the Quest for the Keys have made the Mane 6 into the ponies they are today and whatever they do with their lives the Elements will forever be part of them as will their friendship.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 3

I've heard it suggested some where faust had intended rarity's element to be creativity.  That seems to really fit.

Instead of arguing wether she's generous or greedy, you can almost always say she's creative.

I've heard that too. But I have no idea how "creativity" pertains to friendship. Or harmony for that matter.

You don't have to be creative to have friends or understand friendship.

I think generosity works better with the friendship concept.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, i think i agree with how the elements are really empowered by the bearers, without the bearers they're not quite as useful. 

The bearers essentially channel their power through the elements, not the other way around.

So it doesn't affect them to much.

• Brohoof 1

Also for those naive enough not to understand it yet, Twilight's element is friendship itself, not magic. Her magic, along with her other powers are simply strengthened by her friendship with her friends.

why to people keep forgetting one simple fact its even in the title of the show Friendship is magic. this is Equrestra in a very real way friendship is its own form of magic. so if twilight is the embodiment of friendship and her talent is magic she has access to two kinds of magic. kind of makes her potential scary powerful don't it.

For those that don't understand it yet, The Mane 6, like Cadence and the citizens of the Crystal Empire and the Crystal Heart, empower the Elements of Harmony. Not the other way around. Without a wielder of those virtues, the Elements are mere jewelry.

weren't they in the tree of harmony powering it quite nicely without bearers?

I do agree that the elements are a foci but they are also amplifiers. they are a power source. I will agree useless without being in the tree or being wielded buy the bearers.

• Brohoof 1

why to people keep forgetting one simple fact its even in the title of the show Friendship is magic. this is Equrestra in a very real way friendship is its own form of magic. so if twilight is the embodiment of friendship and her talent is magic she has access to two kinds of magic. kind of makes her potential scary powerful don't it.

weren't they in the tree of harmony powering it quite nicely without bearers?

I do agree that the elements are a foci but they are also amplifiers. they are a power source. I will agree useless without being in the tree or being wielded buy the bearers.

On the 1st part that's a good point I agree with. Twilight does have both the power of her magic and her own inner strength. However you must remember that her magic only adds to what she has as a person. It wasn't Twilight's magic that ultimately allowed her to beat Trixie and the alicorn amulet. It was the help of her friends. Likewise she didn't overcome King Sombra using her magic, it was her trust in Spike that led to his defeat.

Yes that is true. The Elements though can't be properly utilized though w/o a wielder normally. Its actually very symbolic really. The Elements are things that can be found in nature and everyone. The Equestrians simply borrowed their power to tap into them and use them to bring harmony. Its only natural though that their powers be returned. They are natural, and moreover meant to protect ALL of Equestria and meant to be shared, not hoarded up by 1 kingdom for their convenient use.

What would that be saying of harmony and friendship if that was the case? Restoring them allows the Elements to do the job they were meant to do, spread harmony and protect for all.

es that is true. The Elements though can't be properly utilized though w/o a wielder normally. Its actually very symbolic really. The Elements are things that can be found in nature and everyone. The Equestrians simply borrowed their power to tap into them and use them to bring harmony. Its only natural though that their powers be returned. They are natural, and moreover meant to protect ALL of Equestria and meant to be shared, not hoarded up by 1 kingdom for their convenient use. What would that be saying of harmony and friendship if that was the case? Restoring them allows the Elements to do the job they were meant to do, spread harmony and protect for all.

I would have to agree with you. its obvious that the tree needs them, needs their power.

On a side note I still think the six are the sprits of harmony made flesh so to speak. time will tell I hope.

I am Dying to know what is in that darn box. elements 2.0 some other items or knowledge of some kind? I am personally hoping its the knowledge that they had the power within them all along and don't need the elements.

• 2 weeks later...