GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Awwh I love them both. I had to go with Fluttershy though. The voting is so close, but I really hope Fluttershy wins. Ugh, this vote choice at me at :(

Tell me about it. From here on out it is going to surprising difficult. I actually thought at first this match would be easy for me, but all told Fluttershy is really hard to vote against. I suspect that even for some fans that identify with her (like you), when she faces against any of the remaining characters in the tourney, it will still be done with a pensive mind. This happened to be when Scootaloo faced off against Pinkie Pie. I had to write a paragraph or two for Fluttershy just to ease my conscience.

:)

Whatever is left of the writer in me is why I gravitated to Luna in general. A recurring character like her (at least in children's animation) is traditionally ascribed only a few base character traits. In fiction, she would be a second cousin to a walk-on character. Thanks to M.A. Larson, Corey Powell, and Dave Polsky the character escaped this sentence. Even her two cursory appearances in Princess Twilight and Twilight's Kingdom reinforced already established characterization.

Luna's fall and transformation to Nightmare Moon is a popular trope in mythology and popular modern storytelling. Nothing particularly special there. What is special is Luna Eclipsed.  It would have been easy to write the character as a more regal and less approachable Celestia. No. What Larson and co did with that script still impresses me. They distilled the awkwardness of isolation and the desire to be socially accepted that many of us experience(d) in adolescence ... into ... 22 ... freaking ... minutes. The most remarkable thing is that they did this without the using the trope that "you shouldn't change who you are". Luna's inability to immediately connect to those around her led to her misunderstanding their motivations and fed into her insecurities. Insecurities? In a Princess? On My Little Pony?????

The remaining writers took that growth and parlayed it to even greater heights. Luna helps to guide young fillies through their own insecurities. The use of that character in Sleepless in Ponyville and For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils was inspired. Her backstory, the knowledge that she still carries with her guilt and pain, and is specifically using that to prevent the same isolation from friendship and love in others ... this is mythology at it's best.

Also, Canterlot Voice rules.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Wow, this is too close and such a narrow lead for Flutters doesn't feel safe at all. :( Don't get me wrong. Princess Luna is a very classy lady and has an awesome mystique about her. She has done a lot behind the scenes to help Equestria. I just don't think those measure up to Fluttershy's documented accomplishments throughout the series. *yay* :yay:

It probably won't sway anyone's vote but here's a nice Fluttershy PMV for y'all to watch anyway. :D

The remaining writers took that growth and parlayed it to even greater heights. Luna helps to guide young fillies through their own insecurities. The use of that character in Sleepless in Ponyville and For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils was inspired. Her backstory, the knowledge that she still carries with her guilt and pain, and is specifically using that to prevent the same isolation from friendship and love in others ... this is mythology at it's best.

Even though I'm voting for Fluttershy, I agree with everything you said.  A lot of Luna fans give very vague reasons for why they like her, citing her mystery, saying, she's sexy, and stuff like that.  Thus I appreciate it when somebody can give solid reasons for supporting the Princess of the Night.  :) 

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 4

Alright, this round's serious business.  Flutters, I love ya and all, but I gotta go for Best Princess here.  VOTE PRINCESS LUNA EVERYPONY!!!

Yeah, please vote for my good friend Luna.  She's super nice and fun to hang out with!

large.jpg

She gives us fillies and colts the bestest dreams!!!

large.png

She's adorable, and has an adorable older sister to boot!!!

large.png

She has a pet opossum named Tiberius!  If that's not amazing, I don't know what is.

large.jpg

And finally, she's just a great friend.  So you should vote for her, because she's... well, Princess Luna's AWESOME!!!

large.png

Your words are all too kind!  WE THANK THEE FOR THEM!!!  CITIZENS OF MLP FORUMS, WE WOULD BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL IF YOU WERE TO BESTOW UPON US YOUR VOTES TO ADVANCE TO THE NEXT ROUND!!!!!!!!

large.png

Please vote for us!  We promise to make the moon extra beautiful tonight if you do!!!  :wub: 

• Brohoof 3

CDFuh.gif

"You'll hunt me. You'll condemn me, set the dogs on me. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... cupcakes aren't good enough. Sometimes ponies deserve more. Sometimes ponies deserve to have their faith rewarded... with muffins!!!"

-The Muffin Mare

This was on the Central Florida Brony feed yesterday, don't know if it was posted here yet. Luna watch your flank!

post-25990-0-17697100-1404571923_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I love Princess Luna as much as the next pony, but I have got to vote for Flutters. Though I got into the show through Discord, when I started watching the series, she was the first one I loved.

So go Flutters! :squee:

post-11173-0-57804100-1404573465.gif

post-11173-0-10402800-1404573494.gif

post-11173-0-92374900-1404573578_thumb.jpg

post-11173-0-29367200-1404573731_thumb.jpg

post-11173-0-78162100-1404573750_thumb.png

post-11173-0-93119800-1404573779_thumb.png

post-11173-0-75837300-1404573781_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

MySignature_zpse6929ef3.png

Signature made by- Kyoshi

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense? -Discord

I'm So Excited! I'M SO EXCITED! I'm so scared. -Rarity & Spike

This is much better.

ALL HAIL MOONBUTT.

• Brohoof 2

post-6246-0-66236200-1409002127.png

Signature created by: Gone Airborne

Imagine if you will being on your death bed – And standing around your bed – the ghosts of the ideas, the dreams, the abilities, the talents given to you by life.

And that you for whatever reason, you never acted on those ideas, you never pursued that dream, you never used those talents, we never saw your leadership, you never used your voice, you never wrote that book.

And there they are standing around your bed looking at you with large angry eyes saying "We came to you, and only you could have given us life! But now. We must die with you FOREVER!

The question is – if you die today, what ideas, what dreams, what abilities, what talents, what gifts, would die with you?

(edited)

Quick! Someone start creating accs and spam vote Flutters!

(Jking don't do it lol)

Edited by Solid Scorpion
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh snap another vote for Yellow and Pink brings within one vote.

Luna why so shocked at the luvs you get.

1803.mlp_5F005F00_luna_5F00_and_5F00_the

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 1

Luna Appreciates Your Support

img-1637483-10-img-1637483-10-2013___pri

Beauty. The Night. Socks. Luna.

• Brohoof 1

sig-27460.i2QLbt3.jpgOatmeal, are you crazy?!

"Silly, you are already under my control."- Pinkie Pie
Signature made by me, because resistance truly is futile, silly.

Currently still undergoing maintenance. Yes, i can do that, im a program, silly.