Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Double Nostrils in Season 4

Cutelestia

Perhaps some of you remember my old thread where I was explaining what Double Nostrils are. If not, here is the link:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/62918-double-nostril-alicorns/

But now that we have Season 4 and Mane-iac, we need to redefine who can have Double Nostrils, and what they really are. So:

- Any pony with an alicorn-like muzzle can have Double Nostrils, but it doesn't have to be an alicorn. For example Mane-iac can have them, but Twilight can't, despite being an alicorn. Chrysalis can have Double Nostrils.

- It's not a pony seen from the front, but drawn in such way that you can see both eyes and both nostrils.

- Stallions don't count. Their nostrils are much bigger and often upside down, like that of Blueblood.

A bit of trivia:

- Luna has for some reason a lot more Double Nostril scenes than Celestia, but Celestia is always shown with both nostrils unobscured, and entire Luna's nostrils are rarely shown. 

- Keep Calm and Flutter On suggest that nostrils are on the top of muzzles, but falling Celestia in ''Princess Twilight'' shows something opposite, they are on the bottom.

-Celestia is often sad when shown in this way.

-Cadence has the smallest muzzle to be Double Nostril capable.

- Size, from smallest to biggest: Cadence -> Chrysalis -> Mane-iac -> Luna -> Celestia.

And so, let's begin with some new and ultra cute nostrils you all want to see!

480757__safe_solo_power+ponies_spoiler-c

img-2137025-2-479258__safe_solo_season%2

img-2137025-3-Celestia_at_the_door_S4E01

img-2137025-4-Celestia_excited_about_the

img-2137025-5-Mailpony_with_another_lett

img-2137025-6-Twilight_talking_with_Prin

There are many more to be discovered by you!

Edited by Cutelestia
  • Brohoof 4

Princess Twilight Sparkle had so many adorable and dramatic shots like this :) Here are my favorites (side from that happy open-mouthed Celestia you already posted ^_^)

post-9686-0-54887600-1387757723_thumb.jpg

post-9686-0-56993000-1387757748_thumb.jpg

post-9686-0-88588600-1387758243_thumb.jpg

Edited by dekutree64
  • Brohoof 1

The level of analysis regarding this "double nostrils" phenomenon on display here is certainly something to admire. You're doing God's work.

If I'm obsessed with something like with Double Nostrils, I will analyze it. Maybe it's because I have asperger? I don't know. Here's some more nostrils:

Princess_Celestia_at_top_of_orrery_S4E2.

• Brohoof 2

I love those double nostrils. :wub: So cute! Although, I don't know why. xD

We humans are symmetrical. This is why men and lesbians are attracted to breasts, and this is why babies like to look at mother's face - to see both eyes. When we look at ponies, they look more beautiful when shown from front than when they are shown from side. So when we see Celestia, who is very beautiful, drawn with both nostrils, we feel good. I've ever saw some people commenting at Double Nostrils Celestia picture, not talking about nostrils, and that picture had 36 upvotes and only 1 downvote.

Another reason may be that since Double Nostrils are rare, some people like me like to search for them and collect them, like shiny Pokemon who just have a different color. 

Edited by Cutelestia
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, the 'ol alicorn snout discussion! I nose a little something about that. It's snot something I think about all the time, but it don't booger me when someone sneezes it up.

Ahem, anyway, although the Mane-iac wasn't an alicorn she was still a larger, super-powered pony, that's the only real explanation I can think of that bestowed her the almighty snout. ;)

I don't see why they're called double nostrils.. I mean you only have one set of them.

It depends if you can see them:

SINGLE NOSTRIL

img-2145008-1-Princess_Celestia_perfect_

FRONT

img-2145008-2-Princess_Celestia_smiles_a

DOUBLE NOSTRILS

img-2145008-3-Celestia_at_the_door_S4E01

This is how it works. And front ones aren't as adorable for me as double nostrils, or 3/4 view, whatever it's called.

Bumping and adding new nostrils:

blogentry-2257-0-84373400-1385268874.jpg

Above screencap was made by SolarFox, who actually mentioned Celestia's Double Nostrils on his blog.

Edited by Cutelestia

• 2 months later...

So many months have passed. Have some new nostrils:

504665__safe_solo_animated_power+ponies_

''Ohmygoshmynostrilsarecsocutepleasekissthemrubthemobeythemworshipthemandhugme!''

large.png

''What? Luna has bigger muzzle? But...but...am I not cute enough?''

• 1 month later...

616908__safe_princess+luna_princess+cele

Jackpot! Three alicorns with double nostrils. Can I kiss you between your nostrils, Celestia?

large.jpg

Ignore Obama, he is not an Alicorn. But Celestia is so adorable with this open mouth.