Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

bronys do it better

bronymon233

anypony else here think that if a brony or pegasister were to have worked on the film i mean granted it was not horrible but could have been much better and the villan was not so bad she was atleast more fleshed out than king sombra i think she kind of measures up to queen chrysalis in that matter but the ponys them self did not look all that bad i loved all the little cameos like vinyl scratch octavia and even DERPY the cmc and a whole bunch of others

in conclusion the movie as a whole was not horrible just not great but better than say owls well that ends well and spike at your service sincerely bronymon233

Well I personally wouldn’t have changed anything about the movie: I enjoyed it a great deal.

But maybe if a brony or pegasister as long as they had good ideas and knew what worked and all of that stuff had been involved with the movie then it might have been even better, who knows?

• Brohoof 4

Well I personally wouldn’t have changed anything about the movie: I enjoyed it a great deal.

But maybe if a brony or pegasister as long as they had good ideas and knew what worked and all of that stuff had been involved with the movie then it might have been even better, who knows?

What will come up next? The world may never know.

Dude. Can you please use at least ONE full stop? Wait... Scanning it again... Nope, not a single piece of punctuation. Sorry, but I fail to understand what you're talking about.

What movie are you even on about, anyway? I've no clue..?

• Brohoof 5

I agree to this.

It wasn't some grand spectacular thing that some people hyped themselves into wanting, or the horrible mess that others try to claim.

It stood fairly well on its own, cleaned up most of its own questions, and the majority of complaints people have against it stand against the entire series (plot holes, continuity problems etc...) So the haters really have little to no ground other than just not wanting to like it because its different.

Not sure if much could've been different tbh though, as it really was just a spinoff to sell more dolls. Could've been worse, could've been written and run like G3/3.5 had been for nearly 10 years prior to the G4 reboot. Ugh.. I saw a couple of the eps on Netflix and tried to see what they were and why they were so bad.. They actually made me like G1 far more, and I never cared for G1.... the writing and voice work.. and animation (or rather lack of).. sooo terrible...

Hasbro is NOT commonly known for making "girls" shows (or toys) that have any sort of quality backing. So seeing it end up as it did was a surprise. It could've been more like the Monsters High/Winx/Bratz ones with horrid animation, bad scripts, and just terrible animation. (and TBH I like the Winx style ART.. but even their CG movies were just soo horribly written and animated..)

Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 2

and the majority of complaints people have against it stand against the entire series (plot holes, continuity problems etc...) So the haters really have little to no ground other than just not wanting to like it because its different.

Or maybe we just didn't like it I know it's hard to believe. Not all bronies hold this show up on a huge pedestal and like it or not a lot of criticism I've seen of EG is totally legit. Just because you love it so much doesn't mean you can downgrade others that actually have legit reason for disliking it.

Look I didn't like this movie not just because it was different, but because it was just a bad movie. Just like how I don't like some episodes because their bad episodes.

get-off-your-high-horse_zps0d39e248.jpg

Sorry to go off like this but that just makes me mad saying that the complicates are just because it was different just shows a lot of ignorance.

Anyway on topic, it depends on who it would be.

• Brohoof 1

I agree to this.

It wasn't some grand spectacular thing that some people hyped themselves into wanting, or the horrible mess that others try to claim.

It stood fairly well on its own, cleaned up most of its own questions, and the majority of complaints people have against it stand against the entire series (plot holes, continuity problems etc...) So the haters really have little to no ground other than just not wanting to like it because its different.

Not sure if much could've been different tbh though, as it really was just a spinoff to sell more dolls. Could've been worse, could've been written and run like G3/3.5 had been for nearly 10 years prior to the G4 reboot. Ugh.. I saw a couple of the eps on Netflix and tried to see what they were and why they were so bad.. They actually made me like G1 far more, and I never cared for G1.... the writing and voice work.. and animation (or rather lack of).. sooo terrible...

Hasbro is NOT commonly known for making "girls" shows (or toys) that have any sort of quality backing. So seeing it end up as it did was a surprise. It could've been more like the Monsters High/Winx/Bratz ones with horrid animation, bad scripts, and just terrible animation. (and TBH I like the Winx style ART.. but even their CG movies were just soo horribly written and animated..)

I have to agree with you at some point about it, the movie did pretty well for what it is but it doesn't help that was something of a real flop and it bombed for being something of a commercial for toys; it was a pain to watch. It could be better if it was revamped just like the show and given a much stronger story plot, have the voice talents for the show today, use flash as the signature type of animation because of how smooth it is, has more memorable songs and a more powerful score written for it and utilize a strong friendship lesson that we bronies and pegasisters can take away from it as well as making great, if not, perfect use of the character from G4. All of the elements from G4 would've made quite a difference to the movie if it had them from the start. I'd give them movie the benefit of a doubt but I don't hold high hopes for it as it is right now until something can be done to change it.

G1 was just meh to me and it was nothing special but G3 and 3.5............Oh my god, that was seriously rock bottom for the franchise and the show when I saw it. It REALLY sucked balls when I saw clips of them, that's all I'm going to say about them.

@@TwilightDreamer,

issue here is the movie would've needed to be longer, or episodic. Something that would've made the movie less tolerable to Hasbro. They honestly did wonders for the time constraints that they had. But this is why I hate movies that don't have sequels.
Having to introduce the characters (and yes, reintroducing them in the movie was something that made sense, especially when it was so-so standalone in premise) and explain the background, then have a story and climax all in the tiny limit of a SINGLE hour long movie? thats just a pain to do.. 

They had WAY to much going on.

IMO they should've skipped the opening and went all out spinoff, or made 2 movies to back one another up.

On G1/3/3.5.. I grew up when G1 and 2 were out. I missed 2 (I think), but 1... It was just another so-so tv show/movie thing. I didn't even know 3 existed until recent years, and having actually seen bits of it now its just soooo horrid.. All that pink.. and then they talked about pink, and wanting more pink.. and this was all within the first minute of the episode I turned on.... 

@@Rappy0,

Then you have no real reason, other than you just don't like it.
Thats fine.

I'm More so talking about those that will rabidly rant on and on about the supposed "flaws" when those same flaws apply to the entire series. From writing, to characterization, down to the questionable points in the story.
The ones that are ragging on an orange for not being orange enough in essence.
Edited by GrimCW
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think having a person from the fandom make the movie would be a good idea, unless they know what they are doing and that they succeed in what the writers couldn't do.

I don't think any of the bronies could have done a better. Chances are the entire movie would have turned into a single massive run-on sentence. At least from some bronies.

But hey, I could be wrong.

• Brohoof 1

I just finished watching the movie, its okay, not bad, not great, just OKAY.

That being said, I honestly I would have enjoyed it if it was more in depth, like two parts. I wanted more of a showdown between Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer. Maybe just a little longer Sunset could have had power, and later Twilight could have come back later with her own magic... but perhaps that would have just dragged out the story too long and loose audience attention. I think its a question of taste, but then again I haven't been around this franchise as long as some of the long time members here.

Lionchild

:huh: ...... 

That was hard to understand to tell you the truth... I agree that the Equestria girls movie was alright not the best though imo. I do not think just because bronies that happen to be involved with something will in essence make it any better than someone else out there. Just because you are a brony, does not automatically make you better than someone out there :P.

My english is not that great trust me but please try to use some....PUNCTUATION PLEASE!   :umad:

Edited by Ticking Timebomb