Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever wanted to learn something for the wrong reason?

TheMarkz0ne

I want honesty in this thread, because everyone should say yes -3-

We have all had it when we were kids, or maybe still today. Let me know what you wanted to do whether it would have been a long time ago or today. What was the reason? Was it a TV show? Was it a real person's influence? 

in late 2012 I was really into Breaking Bad to the point where I would watch it while going to the bathroom on my laptop. I watched 2 seasons in 3 days it was so sad and pretty gross actually. 

I actually wanted to do chemistry and I know in my heart, that is the wrong reason to get into something. Even though I wanted to do chemistry in high school.

Tell me what you fantasized about.

I wanted to learn Demonology and Satanism so I could destroy my enemies in hellfire.

Thankfully, I remembered that that is all a bunch of mumbo-jumbo about halfway through the summoning ritual. An unfortunate side effect of my interest, however, is the occasional demon offering things for my soul popping up while I'm on the can.

Stay in school, kids.

In reality, I wanted to learn more about Satanism and Demonology because, deep down, I hoped it would work and I could be "friends" with a demon or something.

Edited by Kolth

The closest thing I can think of is I want to learn about bats and all the uses of bat guano as research for this comedy fanfic I am writing where the Apple Family starts selling bat guano due to the excess bat guano thanks to the vampire fruit bats.

I recall being inspired to play the clarinet at least partially because I had a crush on somebody that played it. Don't ask, I don't understand either. >.<

I would be lying if there wasn't a similar inspiration behind wanting to play the bassoon, but that one's much more complicated, and the story is just too embarrassing to tell. And I probably would have played the instrument either way, so, yeah... >.<