DubWolf

Sleeping on a jet is half art, half science.

Or something.

It just happened to me, Southwest flight from MDW to LAS, last year. That's the first time I ever fell asleep on an aircraft. I missed the damn Rocky Mountains because of it.

I've always dreamed of learning to fly a helicopter one day.

[indent=6][img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5259/sweetiesignature2.png[/img][/indent]
[indent=11][color=#800080][font='trebuchet ms']And Sombra is the best villain.[/font][/color][/indent]

Yes 100% at least give me wings world please?

Nobody can give them to you, but you can earn them.

Regards,

PlunderSteed

Bassist, pianist, and backing vocalist for MLP-themed metal band Draconequus.  Check out our latest music video, a metal cover of "Tricks up my Sleeve" here.

Bassist, pianist, and vocalist for MLP-themed alt rock band Worst Princess.  Check our recent live performance of "Shine Like Rainbows" here.

Nobody can give them to you, but you can earn them.

How do you earn wings ;)? (actual wings...that are yours genetically)

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

How do you earn wings ;)? (actual wings...that are yours genetically)

It would be mean to fly off the handle, but "wings...that are yours genetically" belong to people jumping off a high rise.  Don't be dumb about it.

Regards,

PlunderSteed

Bassist, pianist, and backing vocalist for MLP-themed metal band Draconequus.  Check out our latest music video, a metal cover of "Tricks up my Sleeve" here.

Bassist, pianist, and vocalist for MLP-themed alt rock band Worst Princess.  Check our recent live performance of "Shine Like Rainbows" here.

It just happened to me, Southwest flight from MDW to LAS, last year. That's the first time I ever fell asleep on an aircraft. I missed the damn Rocky Mountains because of it.

Ah the feels. I didn't fall asleep, but I've never had a window seat on a transatlantic (about to have my 4th). Force yourself awake :angry:!

It would be mean to fly off the handle, but "wings...that are yours genetically" belong to people jumping off a high rise. Don't be dumb about it.

:okiedokielokie:

???

• Brohoof 2

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Ah the feels. I didn't fall asleep, but I've never had a window seat on a transatlantic (about to have my 4th). Force yourself awake :angry:!

:okiedokielokie:

???

You're right.  That was meant to be a joke about an earlier post, but now that I re-read my post, it just sounds dumb and mean.

Anyways, have you guys seen the news(?) splat where Courtney Love thinks she might have found the missing airliner?

Regards,

PlunderSteed

You're right. That was meant to be a joke about an earlier post, but now that I re-read my post, it just sounds dumb and mean.

Anyways, have you guys seen the news(?) splat where Courtney Love thinks she might have found the missing airliner?

Lo, it's ku.

I saw a post about it on memebase. I didn't believe it the first time since the pic looked sort of ghetto lol, but it's somewhat believable.

What I want to know is if this "door" they found awhile ago actually belonged to the plane. They haven't even showed us pictures of said door.

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

I bet @ is going to like this.

Virgin Atlantic A340 flying by my house out of Newark bound for Heathrow.

(Also, this plane's name is Molly.  :derp: )

Also, name the new Goodyear blimp here: http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/company/blimp . Maybe you can name the blimp after your OC!

Edit: Just noticed at 0:09 that a freakin' bird ruined YouTube's auto stabilization for a second.

Edited by WindChaserPegasus
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I bet @ is going to like this.

Virgin Atlantic A340 flying by my house out of Newark bound for Heathrow.

(Also, this plane's name is Molly.  :derp: )

Also, name the new Goodyear blimp here: http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/company/blimp . Maybe you can name the blimp after your OC!

I like the a340! Haven't been on one, but it's four engines distinguishes itself from other aircraft (and its one floor, as opposed to two lol), as opposed to aircraft that have just two (yet are fuel efficient), and always underneath the wings  :okiedokielokie: . I mean, I have nothing against 2-engine aircraft, but it's boring if all the aircraft look the same, and just in different sizes.

It's nice to see a large aircraft (and many others) fly by your house very frequently. Our airport mainly handles 737 sized aircraft and daily wide-body freighters, so it's not everyday I can see a 747, you know? ABIA just recently added its first trans Atlantic flight to Heathrow with a 787, so that's pretty cool.

british_airways_boeing_787-8_dreamliner.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

It's nice to see a large aircraft (and many others) fly by your house very frequently. Our airport mainly handles 737 sized aircraft and daily wide-body freighters, so it's not everyday I can see a 747, you know? ABIA just recently added its first trans Atlantic flight to Heathrow with a 787, so that's pretty cool.

british_airways_boeing_787-8_dreamliner.

I got one of those, too. Notice the unusually slow-flashing strobe lights, those are the new Honeywell Astreon lights. I had my eyes fixed on this aircraft all the way until it was tracked over Westchester County.

http://youtu.be/3zLzgeyzUVY

(edited)

I got one of those, too. Notice the unusually slow-flashing strobe lights, those are the new Honeywell Astreon lights. I had my eyes fixed on this aircraft all the way until it was tracked over Westchester County.

http://youtu.be/3zLzgeyzUVY

Very nice, very nice. It's a pretty quiet aircraft compared to... well other planes (like the MD80).

Oh yes, and I just subscribed to your channel. I also have a few (semi-low quality) videos on my channel if you'd like to check 'em out.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Very nice, very nice. It's a pretty quiet aircraft compared to... well other planes (like the MD80).

Oh yes, and I just subscribed to your channel. I also have a few (semi-low quality) videos on my channel if you'd like to check 'em out.

Thanks for the sub, but I don't see it. Can you send me a link?

Here's United's 787-8 N20904 during the day when United was testing it between the major Eastern hubs at EWR, IAH, and ORD. It was a 2 PM flight to IAH. (Taken on a crappy camera from the same manufacturer as the plane's engines.)

post-24452-0-67163300-1395348150_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the sub, here's United's 787-8 N20904 during the day when United was testing it between the major hubs. It was a 2 PM flight to IAH. (Taken on a crappy camera from the same manufacturer as the plane's engines.)

attachicon.gifGEDC7781.JPG

Hahah, the irony.

The good thing about the 787's small size, fuel efficiency, and long range is that it enables flights on long "thin" routes. A flight from Austin to London probably would not have been profitable on a 747, though I'm not sure if even a 777 would work since this transatlantic market is new to the city, and there might be more demand to these routes than people expect (according to a certain source, all flights are booked for this week to London, I believe).

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

@: it's on my profile page. Should be towards the bottom with the name Wingin'Wolf.

I found it.

AUS looks like a good place for planespotting with that kind of close-in fence, unfortunately the Port Authority, which runs EWR, LGA, JFK, SWF, the WTC, the PATH Train, and most of the bridges around here frowns upon it, EWR is a hard airport for planespotting despite the great traffic (NJ Turnpike and other highways form most of the perimeter). I'm lucky to live in such a good location for it. If you want to see more stuff just PM me.

I always thought it would be cool to own/fly a plane.

barrel_roll.gif 

Hope some would have seen that coming. ^^

Of course, I have my own worries about flying on a plane as others may.

But still, it would be cool to experience speed beyond that of sound. ^^

Edited by ~Adorkable~

post-8308-0-57732400-1422393202.png

I always thought it would be cool to own/fly a plane.

img-2428897-1-barrel_roll.gif

*pushes hipster glasses up on his nose*

That's an aileron roll, not a barrel roll.

aileron%20roll%20v%20barrel%20roll.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Regards,

PlunderSteed

That's an aileron roll, not a barrel roll.

I know, DEATH BATTLE taught me that in the Fox VS Bucky battle.

But still, an Aileron Roll is what we (our world) call it.

But in the world of Star Fox...

'TIS a BARREL ROLL! 

Our world's rules don't apply to that of Fox McCloud's ^^"

(I'm just messing with you, by the way. ^^)

post-8308-0-57732400-1422393202.png

I've stressed this a lot, but here's a cool, free online simulator I've been using quite frequently. I'm not long from reaching Sao Paulo (from Dallas) at the moment. It's been almost 10 hours.

http://www.gefs-online.com/

9icw84.png

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

I've stressed this a lot, but here's a cool, free online simulator I've been using quite frequently. I'm not long from reaching Sao Paulo (from Dallas) at the moment. It's been almost 10 hours.

http://www.gefs-online.com/

9icw84.png

Wut?  Dude, I get paid six figures to fly 10 hour (or 12, or 16 and sometimes 24 hour) days, and I sometimes wonder if it's worth the misery involved.  People do it for fun?  More than once?

• Brohoof 1

Regards,

PlunderSteed