DubWolf

I am a HUGE airport and passenger plane fan. Ever since I got flight simulator, I would often perform a lot of flights with Boeing 737s and the like across Asia. I even have tons of mods that enhance the looks of all the airports in the world within Flight Simulator :3.

If we're referring to real life, I've always been enamoured with airport architecture and passenger jets in general. People would probably think of me like a little boy excited to be on the plane for the first time whenever I get to sit at the wing seats :3.

I live in the departure pattern of EWR and get tons of United and FedEx iron flying over my house every day.

I get off on engine spool-ups.

I remember the N-number and MFR year of every aircraft I've been on since 2009.

I own too many model planes than we have any room for, and keep the flight simulators that even my computer can't handle.

<-Also, does my avatar look familiar to you?

Edited by pegasusexpress2010

I am a HUGE airport and passenger plane fan. Ever since I got flight simulator, I would often perform a lot of flights with Boeing 737s and the like across Asia. I even have tons of mods that enhance the looks of all the airports in the world within Flight Simulator :3.

If we're referring to real life, I've always been enamoured with airport architecture and passenger jets in general. People would probably think of me like a little boy excited to be on the plane for the first time whenever I get to sit at the wing seats :3.

NAhh I think most people who become pilots have that sort of enthusiasm for flying! Or non-pilots too! And yes, dat airport architecture.

me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpg

I live in the departure pattern of EWR and get tons of United and FedEx iron flying over my house every day.

I get off on engine spool-ups.

I remember the N-number and MFR year of every aircraft I've been on since 2009.

I own too many model planes than we have any room for, and keep the flight simulators that even my computer can't handle.

<-Also, does my avatar look familiar to you?

Newark eh? (also that's impressive that you know those facts...whatever they mean!) I flew into there last year for my connecting flight. Flew on United's 737 and a320, and Lufthansa's 747. I still have a few pictures. Busy airport, and you can see the New York City skyline (behind a curtain of smog) along with a lot of cranes from the airport.

24nfjx3.jpg

2eojrdh.jpg

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

Newark eh? (also that's impressive that you know those facts...whatever they mean!) I flew into there last year for my connecting flight. Flew on United's 737 and a320, and Lufthansa's 747. I still have a few pictures. Busy airport, and you can see the New York City skyline (behind a curtain of smog) along with a lot of cranes from the airport.

2eojrdh.jpg

You name it, if it serves Newark, I've seen it. I've even seen Lufthansa send the 747-8i here. It's not 11AM to me until United sends their 777 to NRT, and watching Alitalia's former 6:20PM to Fiumicino was a daily ritual for me. I even saw Romney's campaign plane when it left there in 2012. I've had BAW 787s over my house as well.

However, I have second thoughts about ever working in this industry. Training is expensive and I hear bad things about working conditions and pay scales.

NAhh I think most people who become pilots have that sort of enthusiasm for flying! Or non-pilots too! And yes, dat airport architecture.

46828195.jpg

The airport of the city I was born in... I haven't been back here in years... the last time I flied was last fall when I traveled to Halifax from Hamilton.

• Brohoof 1

You name it, if it serves Newark, I've seen it. I've even seen Lufthansa send the 747-8i here. It's not 11AM to me until United sends their 777 to NRT. I even saw Romney's campaign plane when it left there in 2012. I've had BAW 787s over my house as well.

However, I have second thoughts about ever working in this industry. Training is expensive and I hear bad things about working conditions and pay scales.

Don't make your alarm clock something that isn't consistent ;), that flight might be delayed one day. And my my, so many wide-bodies..

You mean as a pilot? That I agree.

(also, is your avatar a reference to the ol' pony express, mail carrier?).

46828195.jpg

The airport of the city I was born in... I haven't been back here in years... the last time I flied was last fall when I traveled to Halifax from Hamilton.

What airport is that?

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

What airport is that?

Indonesians call it "Soeha", but the formal name is Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. ICAO: WIII, IATA: CGK. Also been to Singapore Changi and Hong Kong's Chek Lap Kok AND Kai Tak when it was still open in my infant years. 

Indonesians call it "Soeha", but the formal name is Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. ICAO: WIII, IATA: CGK. Also been to Singapore Changi and Hong Kong's Chek Lap Kok AND Kai Tak when it was still open in my infant years. 

Those airports seem very foreign to me @_@, I'm assuming Hong Kong has had a new airport built to replace Lap Kok (I forget what it's called).

Those airports seem very foreign to me @_@, I'm assuming Hong Kong has had a new airport built to replace Lap Kok (I forget what it's called).

Here's the inside of Changi airport. Been here multiple times.

changi1304e.jpg

The inside of Chep Lap Kok (new airport)

hong-kong-international-airport.jpg

I've also been to Beijing Capital Airport, Melbourne International, KLIA, and Schiphol :3. And then there's Toronto Pearson and George Bush Intercontinental, the latter which I visited a LONG time ago...

I'm actually afraid of flying XD the irrational fear the plane will crash, I'm afraid of hights and you get it from there. I only flew in a plane when I was pretty young so I can't even remember much besides kikking out the window at the clouds for a few seconds

(also, is your avatar a reference to the ol' pony express, mail carrier?).

It's actually a reference to Piedmont Airlines. My father got to fly with the original Piedmont back in the 70s.

Boeing_737-301_N301P_Piedmont_La_Guardia

US Airways bestowed the name on the former Henson Airlines to keep the trademark from lapsing, and I'd think that was a pretty good decision, as it kept the name alive and produced this retro livery for the mainline.

US%20Airways%20A319-100%20N744P%20(Piedm

I'm actually afraid of flying XD the irrational fear the plane will crash, I'm afraid of hights and you get it from there. I only flew in a plane when I was pretty young so I can't even remember much besides kikking out the window at the clouds for a few seconds

Don't get me wrong, I used to be afraid of the idea of flying. After my first flight, I was more amazed by how a 10 hour trip we usually make by car took an hour by plane, than the fear that we could have crashed. Small turboprop before jumping on a 757 o.0.

Here's the inside of Changi airport. Been here multiple times.

changi1304e.jpg

The inside of Chep Lap Kok (new airport)

hong-kong-international-airport.jpg

I've also been to Beijing Capital Airport, Melbourne International, KLIA, and Schiphol :3. And then there's Toronto Pearson and George Bush Intercontinental, the latter which I visited a LONG time ago...

*nose bleeds*

Shiny. 

It's actually a reference to Piedmont Airlines. My father got to fly with the original Piedmont back in the 70s.

Boeing_737-301_N301P_Piedmont_La_Guardia

US Airways bestowed the name on the former Henson Airlines to keep the trademark from lapsing, and I'd think that was a pretty good decision, as it kept the name alive and produced this retro livery for the mainline.

US%20Airways%20A319-100%20N744P%20(Piedm

Piedmont, I don't think I was around when they flew (I was born in 1994), so I never would have seen their planes. Also, don't you find it weird that a company would have two logos on their plane? This was being discussed when the new American Airlines CEO was letting his employees decide on the livery for their planes. One of the options was to keep the AA logo on the tail and the flight symbol on the plane. Wouldn't that have been odd? "A company can't have two logos!"

52c66e961040b.image.jpg

I do wish they designed something different for their livery. It'll take some getting used to the giant flag design on their tail, but their logo is something they shouldn't have completely trashed. Doing away with the double A is like McDonald's getting rid of their arches and changing to something less recognizable.

This would have been cool:

00014310.jpg

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 2

I've actually never flown out of this country (my ex-USAF brother has, however), so all I've seen were terminals getting ceiling jobs (MCO) and 15-minute bus rides to the rental car center (CLE and LAS).

Daytona Beach is so far my favorite airport for planespotting. Right now, during the Daytona 500, it is THE place to be, between Delta's upgrade to mixed 757 and MD-80/90 service, the military units for the flyovers (C-130s, T-45s, F-18s, and Thunderbirds in 2012 when I was there), and the driver, team, and sponsor jets (Hendrick's Saab, Bowyer's Premier, Waltrip's Challenger, Kohler's "Bold Look" Gulfstream, and Goodyear's N24G Citation were my personal favorites) are all there. And also all the GA aircraft and Embry-Riddle. Nearly every type of aircraft in one place.

My DL flight (N915DE, '93 Mad Dog 88) got thrown into a hold before the Nationwide race back in 2012 and made a nice scenic tour of the Speedway area, including a close encounter with the DirecTV blimp!

Can you believe that I've never been on a widebody? I want to go on the 767-400, that's a sexy beast.

I've actually never flown out of this country (my ex-USAF brother has, however), so all I've seen were terminals getting ceiling jobs (MCO) and 15-minute bus rides to the rental car center (CLE and LAS).

Daytona Beach is so far my favorite airport for planespotting. Right now, during the Daytona 500, it is THE place to be, between Delta's upgrade to mixed 757 and MD-80/90 service, the military units for the flyovers (T-45s, F-18s, and Thunderbirds in 2012 when I was there), and the driver, team, and sponsor jets (Hendrick's Saab, Bowyer's Premier, Waltrip's Challenger, Kohler's "Bold Look" Gulfstream, and Goodyear's N24G Citation were my personal favorites) are all there. And also all the GA aircraft and Embry-Riddle. Nearly every type of aircraft in one place.

Can you believe that I've never been on a widebody?

Phew, that's a bunch, I know what you mean considering we get 3 days of intense traffic each year (a lot of Jumbos).

No widebody yet? You've got to plan a trip to some place far enough or you won't ride one! (with some exceptions of course).

• Brohoof 1

My first impression of the AA flag was that it looked awkward. Notice that the new livery came out when AA first attempted to merge with US, maybe they were trying to evoke that flag the same way US evoked AWE's white fuselage and grey waves.

I would much rather see that bar & beak on the tail, but I've gotten used to the way it is.

I was hunting for this livery for a while, till I saw a couple of Eagles at EWR, a 738 flying over a Met game, and another one when I was in Vegas. Then I saw the brand new E175 come in to Newark, that really sealed the deal.

I'm actually too young to remember the original Piedmont as well, but I feel like I'm 100 years old and grey when I say "Remember back in 2010 when Continental was still around?"

Good times on CO.

• Brohoof 1

I took flying lessons a couple years back and enjoyed them for the most part. What I didn't enjoy was the paper testing.

Didn't get my license as I had other obligations in life, but I could see taking it up again in a few years maybe.

I took flying lessons a couple years back and enjoyed them for the most part. What I didn't enjoy was the paper testing.

Didn't get my license as I had other obligations in life, but I could see taking it up again in a few years maybe.

Did you ever take the test? And how long is it? I'm sure it's very long...quite long indeed, giggity. I'm sure the lessons are probably fun.

My first impression of the AA flag was that it looked awkward. Notice that the new livery came out when AA first attempted to merge with US, maybe they were trying to evoke that flag the same way US evoked AWE's white fuselage and grey waves.

I would much rather see that bar & beak on the tail, but I've gotten used to the way it is.

I was hunting for this livery for a while, till I saw a couple of Eagles at EWR, a 738 flying over a Met game, and another one when I was in Vegas. Then I saw the brand new E175 come in to Newark, that really sealed the deal.

I'm actually too young to remember the original Piedmont as well, but I feel like I'm 100 years old and grey when I say "Remember back in 2010 when Continental was still around?"

Good times on CO.

The new livery actually looks good on their regional aircraft, better than the white fuselage they sport (though I'm sure it would look better if they kept the AA logo and simply painted the planes silver while keeping the same livery).

Continental still is around since the company is United Continental Holdings Inc. I mean, they basically kept the Continental look and slapped the name United (which people criticized) on them. Got to love the globe.

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

Sadly, my vision isn't good enough for me to be able to become a pilot, much as I'd love to. I love flying though. I've been up in hot air balloons twice, and several times a friend of my father's took me up in his open cockpit Stearman bi-plane when I was a teen. That's what the Army Air Corp  used to train pilots in during WWII. I even got to wear one of those leather flight helmets!

When I was little, I also rode in a small passenger plane (I don't know what make/model) at an airshow. I had a blast, but it was slightly marred by another girl my age crying her eyes out and having hysterics. I couldn't understand why she wasn't having fun too!

I haven't yet, but want to ride in a helicopter and also one of the Goodyear blimps! My vision prevents this too, but I would cheerfully KILL to become an astronaut!

The new livery actually looks good on their regional aircraft, better than the white fuselage they sport (though I'm sure it would look better if they kept the AA logo and simply painted the planes silver while keeping the same livery).

Continental still is around since the company is United Continental Holdings Inc. I mean, they basically kept the Continental look and slapped the name United (which people criticized) on them. Got to love the globe.

Gotta love the tulip, and the fact that TWO Saul Bass logos were killed off by the same borefest globe.

I mean, the latest Tulip livery was from 2004, the CO globe was from 1991.

When I first heard that the combined airline was using United's name, I was hoping for more flying flowers.

I liked how much more colorful airline liveries of the 2000s were. Look at Delta's Colors in Motion (wavy gravy), or Song, or United and Ted.

All United's merger did was tarnish Continental's strong history and young fleet by combining it with service cuts and UA's Legendary Customer Service. People write songs about that customer service (see: United Breaks Guitars).

BTW, Who's the better brony airline, UA/CO or jetBlue? jetBlue gave us some Twitter mentions, but their TVs don't get The Hub. UA/CO's TVs got the Hub since 2010.

Gotta love the tulip, and the fact that TWO Saul Bass logos were killed off by the same borefest globe.

I mean, the latest Tulip livery was from 2004, the CO globe was from 1991.

When I first heard that the combined airline was using United's name, I was hoping for more flying flowers.

I liked how much more colorful airline liveries of the 2000s were. Look at Delta's Colors in Motion (wavy gravy), or Song, or United and Ted.

All United's merger did was tarnish Continental's strong history and young fleet by combining it with service cuts and UA's Legendary Customer Service. People write songs about that customer service (see: United Breaks Guitars).

BTW, Who's the better brony airline, UA/CO or jetBlue? jetBlue gave us some Twitter mentions, but their TVs don't get The Hub. UA/CO's TVs got the Hub since 2010.

The tulip was also pretty cool, with the Battleship Grey livery being my favorite. Lots of cool liveries were spawned (and killed) that decade. Most liveries are just keeping a white fuselage with a colored tail nowadays rather than including cheatlines to run along the side.

So what you're saying with the merger, is that they killed a good look and threw in guitar breaking service along with it(I didn't think United's service was bad. I'll take a closer look when I get the chance)?

JetBlue. Tweets+Multiple mentions > One channel

The tulip was also pretty cool, with the Battleship Grey livery being my favorite. Lots of cool liveries were spawned (and killed) that decade. Most liveries are just keeping a white fuselage with a colored tail nowadays rather than including cheatlines to run along the side.

So what you're saying with the merger, is that they killed a good look and threw in guitar breaking service along with it(I didn't think United's service was bad. I'll take a closer look when I get the chance)?

JetBlue. Tweets+Multiple mentions > One channel

Add gate agents who know little about proper carry-on sizes to that guitar-breaking service.

United doesn't even give you those quirky little frozen turkey sandwiches on the Northeast-to-Florida flights anymore!

The only good thing is, at least they didn't cut too much into what Continental did right, but we're still paying more for it.

Sadly, my vision isn't good enough for me to be able to become a pilot, much as I'd love to. I love flying though. I've been up in hot air balloons twice, and several times a friend of my father's took me up in his open cockpit Stearman bi-plane when I was a teen. That's what the Army Air Corp  used to train pilots in during WWII. I even got to wear one of those leather flight helmets!

When I was little, I also rode in a small passenger plane (I don't know what make/model) at an airshow. I had a blast, but it was slightly marred by another girl my age crying her eyes out and having hysterics. I couldn't understand why she wasn't having fun too!

I haven't yet, but want to ride in a helicopter and also one of the Goodyear blimps! My vision prevents this too, but I would cheerfully KILL to become an astronaut!

You do realize you can fly if your corrected vision (with glasses) is 20/20, right?

You really have quite the dreams!

Add gate agents who know little about proper carry-on sizes to that guitar-breaking service.

United doesn't even give you those quirky little frozen turkey sandwiches on the Northeast-to-Florida flights anymore!

The only good thing is, at least they didn't cut too much into what Continental did right, but we're still paying more for it.

Yeah that's a bummer, but it's not like the airline industry has been in great shape recently with them gas prices. Maybe even for a sandwhich?

Edited by Wingin'Wolf