Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Been Stung by a Flying Insect?

uml4mj4m

I got stung by a bee on my ankle when i was like 3 or 4 and on my hand when i was about 10 or 11 and a couple times since then but my favorite time was when i was riding a bike and a bee got stuck behind my glasses and stung my eyelid and caused me to bail pretty hard. The feeling of bee stings has never bothered me though except the first time.

Multiple times

5 times by a wasp.  Once on the head, three times on the hand, and once on the nose

Once by a mud dauber that was in my shoe.  

Once by a yellow jacket on the of my leg. 

And once by a hornet that I stepped on.   (That was the most painful sting I’ve ever received)

• Brohoof 1

I had the good fortune to step on a pair of canoodling yellow jackets one time while raking leaves (I prefer to be barefoot), it's only my second mishap going barefoot outdoors ;w;

Yes, Bees, Wasps, Midgies, Mosquitos, I don't really mind Bees so much as there's not generally that agressive and when one stung me it was very much a case of bad luck as I didn't know it was there when I put my hand near it but I really dislike the others on this list.

I have been stung by bees and wasps enough times that when I see a "yellow/black flying insect" I do one of these things - freeze, run away or grab something and try to kill it depending on the situation. For example if a room has some of them in it and I have to go inside, I will usually have a can on insecticide with me, or at least a rolled up newspaper. You also would have to pay me a lot of money to go near a bee hive, especially if you did not allow me to dress like doctors do when dealing with covid19 patients..

I also was bitten by mosquitoes a lot, but I just kill them and their bite does not hurt as much as  a bee or wasp thing.

I have had mosquitos, vasps, bees and now vampire flies but still they do not bother me but mosquitos on the other hand have me thank God for the existence of spiders and that is a lot coming from someone that is scared of spiders haha.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

The most recent was last year. It flew in my car while I was driving and then stung me. Trying to drive down the road with a freaking wasp stinging me with nowhere to pull off.  I successfully killed the thing.

• Brohoof 1

I've been stung twice. Once was when I was about 6, I got stung by a wasp in McDonald's when I was looking out a window. Second time was around 6 years ago when I was camping, I had sandals on and a wasp managed to land on top of my foot and sting it. I didn't even feel it at first and only noticed I'd been stung because I saw the actual stinger from the wasp sticking out of my foot :o

Edited by Iforgotmybrain
Word
  • Brohoof 1