Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have You Ever Been Stung by a Flying Insect?

uml4mj4m

I've only been stung by a bee/wasp/whatever twice, both on the hand. Last time it happened to me was over nine years ago.

Hopefully this post doesn't jinx anything.

The worst I've had afaik was a misquito bite if that counts as a sting. I might've had a wasp sting once before but idk for certain. Those bugs still scare the living crap out of me tho D=

This one time, a wasp decided to crawl up my leg I was working near a hive, the hive was actually underground I had been stepping on it. That one wasp crawled up my leg, it then decided to stab me. I smacked it, what happened next is the whole hive paid for it. I still didn't manage to completely destroy it but that was the first time I was stung by a wasp.

Animals are very scared of me for some reason.

I have also been stung by a mosquito while I was in Hungary.

Oh yes I have. When I went camping with my dad I felt this burning sensation on my arm and I couldn't figure out what it was. I started crying cause it was infuriating pain and my dad put mud all over my arm. (Supposedly that helps with bee stings/wasps)

Yeah that was painful...

I've been stung thrice by wasps.

The first time was at my grandfathers house when a wasp made its way into his kitchen. He got my shoulder. Scared me because several people on that side of the family are allergic to bee stings and I'm not sure if wasp or yellow jacket stings have the same effect. Fortunately though, I don't seem to be allergic.

Sting, the second, occurred at school one day near a giant oak tree they had out back. He got my right hand. I must have been in fourth grade at the time, making me more or less the same age as when I was first stung.

The third sting happened at an aunt and uncle's place several years ago. We were milling about outside when I noticed a tennis ball on the ground belonging to their dog. I figured I'd pick it up and throw it for him. When I grabbed it, a wasp on the other side that I couldn't see got one of my fingers.

I hate wasps. dry.png

• Brohoof 2

Well even me, who is deathly afraid of bees and wasps and runs away at any sign of them has been stung... 4 times...

Once I was walking with my flip-flops on at band camp, just minding my own bushiness when suddenly a bee comes and flies under my foot, needless to say I got stinger in my toe.

I also got stung in the hand by a yellow-jacket, and in the forehead (that one hurt) and the foot (again) by a wasp. 

EDIT: I forgot this time, I wasn't stung but I was watching TV and a wasp LANDS ON MY NECK. I was freaking out, panicking, almost about to break down in tears (oh god I am pathetic... That also shows you how terrified I am of bees) Then it flew away and I ran away as fast as I could into my room and viciously slammed the door.

Edited by NocturnalRainbow

If a mosquito counts, a mosquito did sting me while I was sleeping but I didn't notice the red mark on my neck. I really do hate mosquitos and any other flying insect.

Not any times that I can remember. I have always been scared of insects like that so I keep my distance if possible. Of course there are Mosquitos, but that one is a given in most places I think. I have never been stung by a wasp or hornet though, I know that. I don't think by a bee either. I suppose I am pretty lucky but I also am very cautious.

Ah, yes. Lots of times by bees, and once by a wasp on the foot. It's been a while since I was last stung, though. I've learnt my lesson.

One of those lessons included the fact that petting bees is not a smart idea (despite them being quite fuzzy). 

e9FkmL5.png

• Brohoof 4

As much as I freak out at the approach of those malicious, stinger wielding beasts, I've never been stung by one.

But I see them, taunting me. Constantly building nests in front of the doorway no matter how many times we crush the nest; wizzing by my face, sitting on door they know I was getting ready to open. One wasp even had the gall to fly right into my ear before leaving; I can just imagine the smug, content look it would have on its face, knowing it could've stung me then and there. They're just toying with me, I know it img-1931684-1-KUbAnTY.png.

If you actually count mosquito bites as stings, then I've had my fair share of those.

Edited by Mutemutt
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah I have been stung by a flying insect before. It was in the middle of the woods. I was with my friends, trying to make a dam in the river. I felt a sharp pain on my thumb and recoiled. I had been stung by a wasp. I quickly found myself swatting myself all over as wasps swarmed me and my friend. We accidentally destroyed their home that was made in the side of a dirt wall.

As we ran from the site, another wasp stung my butt. It stung it so hard i couldn't sit right for a week and was constantly itching my bum. For a month bees, wasps and yellow jackets seemed to be drawn to me. As if they were planning another strike on me.

a few times,my grandpa owned a beehive,and made honey. I got stung there a few times as a kid (10-11) and just a couple weeks ago playing xbox, I accidentally sat on one, and yea... :blush:

What works good against a bee sting is dirt. yes.Dirt. just rub it where the bee stung ya, and it'll help with the swelling or something, it absorbs the venom or whatever....I dunno,I've always been told to rub dirt on a bee sting.

Thankfully, I have never been stung by a bee or anything of the sort. And that's because I never go outside

But, I HAVE been stung by Mosquitos. They eat me up every single year around mosquito-time I know I'm delicious but damn

I don't believe I have ever been stung. I seem to avoid insects like the plague and I barely go outside, so the odds of me being stung are pretty slim. 

Yes, several times....

The worst was a few years ago when I was out camping with my Boy Scout troop.  My friends and I were collecting firewood when one of us stepped on a wasp nest.  I don't believe I have ever run faster than I did that day (though the 5-6 stings I received proved that it wasn't quite fast enough).  All other incidents involved only a single sting, twice on the neck, once on the hand, and maybe once on the arm (I don't quite remember that one, but I think it happened...).

I have a phobia of bees and stinging instects since Ive been stung by a bee three times in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first time it was without warning, the dang thing sat on my shoulder and STUNG me! The second time there was a bee on a door handle, I didnt look and I slid my hand to push the door open and it stung my middle finger. The last time i was stung, a bee flew into our car late while coming home from a theme park. The SOB stung me on the chest and died..naturally because it left its dang singer in my chest!! GRR

I've gotten stung. Once, right in the center of the palm. There was another scare once when a bee flew up my nose, but it wasn't stupid enough to sting me  there. It flew out and got me on the arm.

That was slightly terrifying.

The most memorable would have to be when I was in preschool on a field trip to a pumpkin patch. I was like 4, and I had to go to the bathroom, so I went to the spot-a-pot and they decided they would be the little devils they are and build a nest there. So, because I was 4 and didn't know any better, I started swatting at them because I thought they were no different than flies. Then I got stung deep in the ear, and it was the beginnings of my current apiphobia.

Yeah I got stung twice, once during basketball practice in 4th grade, and once on a field trip with my family's family friend. Both kinda hurt, but fortunately I'm not allergic :P

Soooo... these exist where I live.

gianthornet1.jpg

Oosuzumebachi (aka, Japanese Giant Hornet, Giant Sparrow Hornet)

With a lethal venom that can claim a life within less than an hour, this is Japan's deadliest animal.

Mosquitoes of course like probably everyone on this forum. Also when I was 4 years old I've noticed a bee outside. I was very smart. So I decided to pet it. Seconds later: MOOOOOMMYYYYYYYY!! Yeah... that was enlightening experience img-1927549-1-dry.png

Wow, I've had that exact same experience. I was three and decided to pet this bee, which, from my memory was huge, but in actuality was probably not that big. Why do we wanna pet them, anyway? O.o;

Edited by Clover Heart
  • Brohoof 1

Soooo... these exist where I live.

img-1936907-1-gianthornet1.jpg

Oosuzumebachi (aka, Japanese Giant Hornet, Giant Sparrow Hornet)

With a lethal venom that can claim a life within less than an hour, this is Japan's deadliest animal.

Wow, I've had that exact same experience. I was three and decided to pet this bee, which, from my memory was huge, but in actuality was probably not that big. Why do we wanna pet them, anyway? O.o;

Curiousity, I think. At least that's why I did it :P I was very curious child, kept asking many annoying questions, kept touching everything including that damn bee and then crying that it hurts :P 

• Brohoof 1