B-17

This is the one we have where i volunteer:

attachicon.gifb-17infrontlr1_0.jpg

and just to brag here is another plane we have:

attachicon.gifTMoF_AF1DeliveryToTmof_AF1.jpg

we also have this:

attachicon.gifdownload.jpg

any questions?

Maybe we should have an Airplane Olympics 2014 competition like the MLP World Cup to determine which is the best plane!

There are many planes with different roles that set them all apart. Trying to determine which is the best airplane is like comparing apples to oranges.

However, I think we can all say the creation of this airplane revolutionized long-distance travel with wide-body comfort!

Behold, the first ever 747:

First%20Boeing%20747.jpg

Sadly, while many 747-400s (the most common version in flight) continue to fly today, its successor the 747-8I has gained very few orders (or not sufficient orders) from airlines, while most of its orders are for the freighter version. 20 years from now, I suspect most 747s left will probably be freighters if production dies down to a halt this decade. Will the 747 become the next MD11 as a plane known to be commonly used as a freighter over passenger service?

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

Maybe we should have an Airplane Olympics 2014 competition like the MLP World Cup to determine which is the best plane!

There are many planes with different roles that set them all apart. Trying to determine which is the best airplane is like comparing apples to oranges.

However, I think we can all say the creation of this airplane revolutionized long-distance travel with wide-body comfort!

Behold, the first ever 747:

First%20Boeing%20747.jpg

oh yeah thats the one we have, the first 747 is at the museum of flight

oh yeah thats the one we have, the first 747 is at the museum of flight

I still need to go to Seattle to visit it, as well as the Air and Space museum in DC. So much on one's bucket list...

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

I know I flew a glider once and I remember also flying a plane once as well. I'm really into flying. My dad had a pilots licence (expired now cause eyesight) and I'd like to get one too some day just for fun.

I love flying. I used to spend hours on FS2004 and FSX and had a lot of addons that made it realistic. Also tried a 737 for a while and it was the most incredible experience I've ever had.

The Lockheed L-1011 and MD-11 are the best planes. I don't know. I just have a thing for mounted engines on the tail.

Edited by Warm Regards

Well in all honesty, I love the ability to fly like in Minecraft, or in my dreams. But for some reason in my dreams when I have a flying dream, it never goes the way I want. Like I never FULLY fly, I like float or theres a catch like I have to concentrate the whole time otherwise it doesn't work grr.

I do or have always wished I was my OC so that I really could fly, I know I would love it and probably fly all the time, like down the stairs or to work, or hover while talking to friends like RD.

But when it comes to real airplane travel...its a living nightmare, especially when you travel over seas. The distance of sitting that long is gut wrenching, and unless you have first class sitting, you will be sitting mere inch from strangers and exposed to hundreds of thousands of people on the flight and in the airport. The odds of NOT getting sick are NOT in your favor as me and my husband have experienced. Flight travel SUCKS!

I love flying. I used to spend hours on FS2004 and FSX and had a lot of addons that made it realistic. Also tried a 737 for a while and it was the most incredible experience I've ever had.

The Lockheed L-1011 and MD-11 are the best planes. I don't know. I just have a thing for mounted engines on the tail.

Don't forget the DC10 and ancient 727! Have you ridden on any of those or do you just like the appearance.

If you do want to get on one, you better book a random flight with KLM to Amsterdam, because they will be the last to fly the heavy trijet around the world this year!

Well in all honesty, I love the ability to fly like in Minecraft, or in my dreams. But for some reason in my dreams when I have a flying dream, it never goes the way I want. Like I never FULLY fly, I like float or theres a catch like I have to concentrate the whole time otherwise it doesn't work grr.

I do or have always wished I was my OC so that I really could fly, I know I would love it and probably fly all the time, like down the stairs or to work, or hover while talking to friends like RD.

But when it comes to real airplane travel...its a living nightmare, especially when you travel over seas. The distance of sitting that long is gut wrenching, and unless you have first class sitting, you will be sitting mere inch from strangers and exposed to hundreds of thousands of people on the flight and in the airport. The odds of NOT getting sick are NOT in your favor as me and my husband have experienced. Flight travel SUCKS!

I've had a few free-flight dreams, except a few of them were rather hard to perform with. Still pretty cool if the outdoor scenery looks nice and not sort of foggy like the dream makes it appear.

Don't watch airplane accident shows or you'll be grounded for life!

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

Don't forget the DC10 and ancient 727! Have you ridden on any of those or do you just like the appearance.

If you do want to get on one, you better book a random flight with KLM to Amsterdam, because they will be the last to fly the heavy trijet around the world this year!

I should say favourites, rather than best. I have been on the MD-11 but a long time ago. I don't know. I just like the look of the tail mounts. It's a shame to see that they're about to die out. Hopefully I'll be able to go on it one more time with KLM.

I've only ever flown commercially, never operating. I absolutely hate flying. Setting aside the fact that it's cramped and you have only one of two positions to be in for (for my usual flight route) 14 hours (standing and sitting,) but flying makes me feel terrible. I get horrible edema, not to mention bloating and cramping. I can't eat anything because of it. I wanna drink ginger ale to make my stomach feel better, but that only makes the bloating and edema worse. Not to mention that being in close quarters with a few hundred people for more than half a day, breathing recycled air, I always... always catch something whenever I fly. Which almost makes it pointless to have done in the first place. Why go anywhere if you're just gonna be sick the whole time and not able to go to any places or have any fun? I hate turbulance. I hate takeoff and landing. I just hate everything about flying. Too bad I have to whenever I wanna go home...

Edited by Clover Heart
  • Brohoof 1

Well I just recently got my flight information for my trip to Denmark in two weeks; I'll be flying on three Boeing 737s (a 300, 500, and 800), two 777s, and a Canadair RJ 700. Talk about diversity (surprisingly no airbus planes this time). Can't wait!

Does skydiving or anything count as flying or is this just limited to planes? I love the idea of just going up really high and then falling back down to Earth.

I love flying in video games though. Just Cause 2 Multiplayer is brilliant when lots of people are all together in jet planes :3

Does skydiving or anything count as flying or is this just limited to planes? I love the idea of just going up really high and then falling back down to Earth.

I love flying in video games though. Just Cause 2 Multiplayer is brilliant when lots of people are all together in jet planes :3

Sure! (I should probably edit the title to include free falling of any kind). Sky diving is probably as close as we'll get to feeling that sense of freedom from the ground (and also to Dash's sonic rainboom I guess, if you're diving real fast).

• Brohoof 1

WWII planes are the best planes.

Good ol' classic fighter jets (unless you don't consider that classic). I'm actually not too familiar with WWII planes except with B52s, the B17 flying fortress and the spitfire (you don't see them around anymore).

• Brohoof 1