Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Writer, Artist, Musician, or Anything else?

Firehearted

What do you do?  

38 users have voted

1. 1. What do you do?

• Writer
    • Musician
    • Artist
    • Other
    • Digital (Video)
    • None

What do you do in the fanbase? Did I really just start this by saying that? What am I coming to?! Well waht do you do? I never have seen a poll for stuff like this. I write a lot. A lot. I was actually writing before coming online. I have like five word documents up each with at least ten thousand words. I have way to much free time for my school work load...

Edited by Airbornepony

I'm a part of the musical side of the fandom. So far I've only done Chiptune (five MLP covers and one original), but I plan on branching out and doing more genres eventually.

An example of my stuff:

I wish I could write fanfictions or be able to draw something, but I'm terrible with words and I literally have the same artistic ability I had when I was five lol

• Brohoof 1

There was a time when I wanted to write a fanfic...gave up on that when people threw a rule book ten inches thick at my face for what to do and what not to do.

This was before I stopped giving a crap what anyone thought.

I'm not a very motivated writer but once in awhile I enjoy writing. Someday it might even be pony related.

Until then my only contribution to the MLP fandom is my presence and not-so-sage advice. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I'm recently started to record instrumentale music (acoustic and e-guitar) mostly for fanart contests on a German forum. And unfortunately they are on Demo level, I had to record with an old USB microphone. But a friend of me is getting into recording software which means that I can record them with better quality soon.

This one actually won.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7WWJe1W-9XI#

I guess I'm in the artist side. I'm not as good as some people out there, but it's something. I'm rather young anyway, so I have plenty of time to get better.

Examples of stuff I do is in this thread, if you want to check it out: http://mlpforums.com/topic/88387-nebulous-art-dump/

Edit: I forgot my favorite: http://mlpforums.com/topic/88350-pony-oc-tutorial/#entry2326011

Edited by NebulousBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Digital artist, I suppose. Image editing is kinda my thing. Especially when it comes to making signatures, that's kinda my specialty, so to speak. Then there's also FB covers, profile banners, avatars, heck even my OCs. :P

I'm currently interested in making music as well, but I haven't even scratched the surface with that yet. And writing, I've written other fanfics before, but they were kinda mediocre, and were never finished. ;)

Edited by Sir Jackleberry

I'd probably start with writing since I took classes for it in High School as well as poetry in College. Then eventually move my way back into drawing. Reclaim the skill and passion that was robbed of me during my oppression in high school. 

I have experimented with basically every art form.

I write stories and poems/lyrics.

I've made songs, but they generally stay in my head, because I haven't yet made one that's ready to be listened to (aside from a couple things I threw  together on MusicShake.com).

I draw, sketch, doodle, paint, and digitally art ponies.

I've made lots of animated interactive pony "avatars" for a virtual reality site called Whirled.com.

I've done just a little bit of sculpting but hope to do more in the future.  (I had the idea to make tiny pony charms for necklaces and bracelets and stuff out of clay.)

I've never made a plush pony doll before, but that's also something I've considered trying.  

I've seen some really amazing fan-made ones, though.  (There's a person I met on Facebook who sells show-accurate pony plushes for sometimes over $200 apiece, because the quality is just that amazing.  She even took some of them to a convention with her and actually got pictures of the characters' voice actors holding their plush dolls.)

Outside of the brony community, I've done even more art than that, such as taxidermy, jewelry-making, and book-binding.

Well it seems like someone has to come out and say it.

I am not creative, I just have a good head on my shoulders.

My writing lacks go, the art just won't flow, music is woe and the video goes slow...

So I guess I'm a consumer, with ever good humor.  :derp:

I guess i would be classed as a pundit :P

I am a commentator and blog a bit but i also make my signatures and stuff!

I love doing the ukelele which i just got as well tho no mlp, stuff atm on that front!

The definition of art is the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination. So on a technical level weather you be a writer, musician, or visual artist you count as being an artist. 

The pole should be more along the lines of "what type of artist are you".

OT:

Im a visual artist.