Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Fanfic started it for you?

Vanguard

Cupcakes was the first one I read, I've seen dramatic readings of others but not many. 

I'm not too big of a fan when it comes to fanfiction but I would like to know of the major ones, at least.

My Little Dashie and Rarity's New Dress are the only other ones I remember their names. The others I listened to were fairly sexual and usually about The CMC, as I used to be subscribed to one person who posted dramatic readings of this one guy's smut fics to call him out or something and for shock value, I guess. Just got to remember that guy's name.. but it was mostly from the same author because of that. The only ones I've actually actively searched for on my own were Cupcakes and My Little Dashie. [[i didn't like MLD btw.]]

I was baptized in fire when I was introduced to pony Fan Fiction. My first, the first story about ponies made from fans that I read, and the base of my ability to weight my enjoyment of other fan fics in the future, was Cupcakes. I have a bad time reading/watching/listening to/being involved with horror related anything. It aggravates my already bad case of chronic nightmares, and Cupcakes destroyed me, especially because I find Pinkie Pie absolutely adorable. My second was My Little Dashie, which destroyed me for different reasons...  :(

Edited by UmbraScriptor

Background Pony by shortskirts&explosions, then went to Rainbooms and Royalty.

Both are as amazing as hell.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I can't remember what my first fanfic was anymore, or even what fandom it was for... x3 Knowing me, though, I'm guessing I read a cute little shipfic, probably for Lucky Star (Konata x Kagami, for sure <3) or Mario. For MLP, it was some one-shot TwiShy fic that started it for me.

MLPforums had a live chat and I was on that talking to a user called 'Princess Ariona' and she talked me into giving fanfics a try. At first she suggested that I try out Fallout:Equestria but it was way too long so instead she gave me a very cheesy SoarinDash shipfic. I didn't even like it that much but it DID start me off.

It was a Kingdom Hearts fanfiction, back when I was eleven. So... back in 2008?
I don't remember the fanfiction anymore, lol.

My Little Dashie. It didn't get me into fan fiction though. In fact I rarely read any anyway. ^^ It was a lovely read though. <3 I do however write fan fiction! Never posted any, at least not yet, but yeah. :3

Well in terms of just reading, it was My Little Dashie and It's a Dangerous Business Going out your Door.

In terms of what inspired me to write, and thus changed the course of my life in the process, was The Conversion Bureau. It made me so pissed off that I decided that even I could write a better version, so I did!

The best overall is no doubt Fallout Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

I actually wrote fanfiction long before I began reading it. (I was eight when I wrote my first one, a Scooby Doo fic). When I was about fifteen I discovered FF.net; the first fic that really impressed me (but probably not the first one I read) was a Pokemon fic called Child of the Light One.

(edited)

A World Without Kindness. This was so epic, so dramatic I have felt sad for a few days but it was the " I can't believe there is no more about it" kind of sadness. It's about an alternative universe where Nighmare Moon ans Celestia had a war and this how effected the ponies.

Edited by Kerberossz

First thing I read was a generic Scootaloo fanfic. :P

I eventually found some really good stuff, like University Days or Tiny Wings. That's what really got me into reading fanfiction.

(edited)

Fallout Equestria is the only fanfic I have read from beg to end (still need to finish my hardcover copy of Pink Eyes) and it is A+++++.

Edited by Coco Pommel

I can't say that I ever really liked fanfics, and I write the things on occasion. x3  I've only ever read fanfics at the request of their authors; the first such piece was probably a Riddick fanfic. xD

No, wait!  I forgot that someone talked me into reading the slash piece they wrote that resulted in violent bathroom sex between two anime dudes lol. xDD  I was caught somewhat off-guard, and all I could think to say was that it was well-written.

My first fanfic that I read was a Pokemon fanfic called "My Angel" by DawnFanGurl. My favorite would have to be between "Fire Spores" by applecinnamonspice and "A True, True Friend?" by Blazewing.  

I've read some fanfiction before, but I can't say I really got into it as a habit ^_^ Therefore I can't really say a certain fanfic specifically fueled my interest :P

• 3 weeks later...