Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the last thing that startled/scared you?

Courageous Thunder Dash

As a sequal to 's, topic...

What was the last thing that startled you?

The last thing that startled me was in the car yesterday when the loudest death metal song I have on my iphone blasted suddenly when I had my phone on shuffle in the car. 

Let me think ... ah, yes, 'twas a jumpscare in a video of a horror game I was watching. I pretty much reacted the same way I mentioned in my post in that other thread, here let me see if I can find it ...

~ Jumpscare in a horror game/video: Freakin' jump up, while my head flies back, whisper out "OOOH SHhhh-", throw my headphones off of my, well, head, and then laugh for a few seconds. xD

Ahh, I do enjoy a good jumpscare, even the cheap ones. :P

Edited by Sir Jackleberry

Here a story for you

I was playing 7 Days to Die and i was on top of a building at night getting scared to death by all the zombies coming for me...

I'm standing there on the roof looking around till i stop to talk to me friend who message me. I hear a sound like how wings sound when flapping and i stop messaging my friend and i turn around and RIGHT IN MY FACE was a giant Hornet what scared the **** out of me

I am now scared of Hornets :(

Recently had a very creepy dream. I don't remember all the details, but I was playing (or watching someone play) some kind of RPG Wario game. It was tense enough going through the dungeons, since there were certain tiles that permanently robbed you of your spell loud-out if you stepped on them. Then came the boss, which was a floating, ghoulish-looking Princess Peach in a tattered gray dress. When she attacked, she would jerk forward most unnaturally, and after only a few rounds I awoke with a start.

Driving lesson a few months ago. Some little twat ran into the middle of the road from in front of a car. Had to do an emergency stop to stop myself from wiping him out and crushing the wee little bairn beneath my wheels.

I recently passed my test, but it's stuff like that which has made me completely hesitant in buying my insurance and getting on the road. It's almost like people are actively seeking death on roads.

• 3 weeks later...

A few months ago I was asleep and apparently my mum was trying to wake me up

I woke up with a panicked gasp

I'm not sure why, but it scared the crap outta me

I think I may have been having a nightmare

Last night actually, I was on my laptop on my bed in the dark when a spider walked across the screen. It probably only took like three seconds for me to get to the light and come back but by then it was already gone.

FFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff -

I took apart the whole bed and put it back together, but didn't find it. Eventually I did, on the half bookcase I use as a headboard, walking around on a plush. I got my proton pack (aka vacuum) and got it. Crisis averted.

God DAMN I hate spiders.

I slipped on some ice outside and almost fell on my face. Thankfully my arms saved my face from the icy villain but now my arm hurts :P

I did this about three weeks ago running to my car (I've been trying to keep my total winter exposure time this year to under two hours). No footing, straight down, wrist hurt.

Screw this country's awful weather.

There was an earthquake that woke me up this morning. Living in California, it didn't take me too long to realize what it was. :P

Flashbang( Thunder-B I think they are called) from airsoft, normal delay is 4-5 seconds, we ran from the room, waited about a minute and thought it was a dud or an empty casing someone threw.

Went off about a minute and 15 seconds after it was thrown, I nearly jumped out of my pants.

Last thing that scared me...........let's just say, I thought a snake was slithering on my shoe and it looked like a Rattler.  Then i noticed it wasn't for it was a common grass snake.   So to answer that............i hate snakes.

I saw a spider and tried to avoid it in every single way by climbing from my bed to table.. Yeah.

Now that you mentioned that.....wanna hear a funny story..........a rat somehow crawled up in my grandfathers bed in the middle of the night, while he was in the kitchen, saw it, and took out his shotgun and blasted the Jesus out of it.   Now that, scared me, tbh, :lol: