Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Let's Discuss Dreams and Nightmares

FatalRain

Hopefully there isn't another topic like this

I went multiple pages in and didn't see one, so..... ^^'

What was your best dream?

Your worst nightmare?

Have you ever had a reoccurring dream?

Are your dreams more realistic, or fantasy?

Do you ever analyze your dreams?

Do you think dreams mean anything? If so, what?

Do you tend to have more nightmares or dreams?

I probably couldn't remember my best dream, but usually my dreams are wacky if they're not nightmares, so I'm not sure I've really had an AMAZING dream haha

My worst nightmare was definitely the one I had in my old apartment where demons were telling me to get out of the apartment or "else"  :(

I remember another nightmare I had, that stuck with me since I was a child in which I was Snow White and the witch/queen was chasing me and I ran off a cliff!

I've had a few reoccurring dreams. One was where I'd find out my ex was cheating on me, another was where I'd be doing something on the internet and the other was just me levitating 

My dreams tend to be VERY realistic, especially when they're nightmares, which is why I get particularly scared or bothered by them

I've tried analyzing my dreams, but more often than not, I couldn't really figure out what they meant

I do believe that dreams mean something. I think it's usually something to do with our feelings in real life, I also feel like they could be predictions of the future and sometimes I think when we can't remember a dream, it's because we saw into our past lives

Lately, I've been having more nightmares than dreams, sadly ;n;

• Brohoof 1

My best dream was, me managing the economics of Equestria while everypony was praising me for how they didn't know about the new things that I influenced on them.

My worst nightmare was, getting eaten by a horde of zombies.

When i was a child i always dreamed that a huge herds of toilets hunted me, and tried to eat me... Im dead serious. I was terrified. I even thought that toilets in the real world would try to eat me if i would sit on them.

I also once dreamed that i was trapped in a pool full of water, and everytime i tried to climb out of it, the waterlevel would suddenly drop so that i could not get out. The worst thing was that my parents where also in this dream, but instead of helping me, they just walked away.

I screamed for help, but they could not hear me.... Still pretty scary after all those years...

I dreamed all kinds of crazy stuff when i was young.

Best dream was prolly me travelling around the globe, Indiana Jones style, looking for treasures, searching through crypts of various kinds etc. But then you wake up and realise.. yeah, it was just a dream. Son of a *****.

Anyway, worst nightmare..

I had this one weird nightmare back in when I was still in kindergarden. Basically, the toys we were playing with became alive and started moving around on their own, and started attacking the kids around me. I was freaked out, lol.

When i was a child i always dreamed that a huge herds of toilets hunted me, and tried to eat me... Im dead serious. I was terrified. I even thought that toilets in the real world would try to eat me if i would sit on them.

I also once dreamed that i was trapped in a pool full of water, and everytime i tried to climb out of it, the waterlevel would suddenly drop so that i could not get out. The worst thing was that my parents where also in this dream, but instead of helping me, they just walked away.

I screamed for help, but they could not hear me.... Still pretty scary after all those years...

I dreamed all kinds of crazy stuff when i was young.

Toilet nightmares? That's pretty fascinating

I have to wonder what that meant to you as a child

I don't think I've ever met anyone with a fear of toilets OAO

Best dream was prolly me travelling around the globe, Indiana Jones style, looking for treasures, searching through crypts of various kinds etc. But then you wake up and realise.. yeah, it was just a dream. Son of a *****.

Anyway, worst nightmare..

I had this one weird nightmare back in when I was still in kindergarden. Basically, the toys we were playing with became alive and started moving around on their own, and started attacking the kids around me. I was freaked out, lol.

Whoa! Killer toys D:

I used to be afraid of Chucky from Child's Play when I was little, so I'm surprised I didn't have dreams about killer toys myself!

My best dream? I'm not sure. I can't really remember one at the moment. My worst nightmare would have to be any one of my reoccurring zombie nightmares. They're realistic, and vivid. I can feel the zombies biting, I can smell the blood. Hell, I can even taste the blood. Feeling fear, and pain in dreams isn't fun.

My dreams can be realistic, or fantasy. I tend to have both. In the realistic ones, I can sometimes hear people I know having the most realistic conversations imaginable. It's weird. My dreams tend to be vivid. So the fantasy ones can be kind of whacky. I had one a few nights ago about how I had a pet gorilla, or something. I was in the jungle, and it was pretty sweet. I do think that dreams can mean things. I had a dream one time where I was walking around a house at night. I saw an old lady standing in a room I walked into. My initial reaction was being stunned with fear. However, she smiled and I remember feeling this warm feeling covering my whole body. This warm feeling instantly calmed me down. It's hard to describe. It was like "love" energy. Also, the old lady looked a lot like my dead great grandma.

I tend to have more good dreams than bad. I still have more zombie nightmares than I'd like to though. I have them so much than I know when I'm having them before the zombies appear. Anyways, I lucid dream a little bit. It's really cool. I'm getting better at it.

Edited by Mikami

Toilet nightmares? That's pretty fascinating

I have to wonder what that meant to you as a child

I don't think I've ever met anyone with a fear of toilets OAO

I have no idea what it meant. i always wondered: Why Toilets? Why something so stupid?  :lol:

I kinda fear what a psychologist would have to say about such a dream.  :blink:

Edited by Obsidian Sky

Hmmm, I can't really give a best dream but I always know if I had a good dream if I wake up sad, because I want to go back, usually on an adventure/quest surrounded by friends.
My worst nightmare was actually also my only recurring dream and it's pretty...graphic. I think it was when I was 6 or 7 I had a dream that I was playing in some grass that was above my head during hunting season, well my dad mistook me for a deer and shot me. I was still alive but he still thought I was a deer after he saw me. So he threw me in this giant dumpster that was filled to the lid with blood and locked it shut and in the dumpster with me was a bunch of deer heads floating around that were constantly screaming at me while they were trying to eat me alive. Had it every night for a week. Absolutely no idea what caused it. 
I guess they're kind of a mix of both. Most of the physics and how stuff works is real but every once in awhile I can run really fast on all fours, jump super high, or have semi-control over an element. I have had dreams about Pokemon and some with ponies.
I don't try to analyze them at all, just don't have reason to.
They probably don't mean anything either. It's almost always the apocalypse or some great war where I'm a hero using my sword to protect people.
Hmmm, I guess to some they would be nightmares but I've gotten so used to death, loss, and war in my dreams it really doesn't phase me anymore so to me they're just normal dreams

One of my best dreams was one I had more recently that had become, in part, a lucid dream. Unfortunately, some of the elements of the dream that occurred when I was not lucid were horrific. However, the good parts occurred while I was lucid. I remember "falling asleep" in the dream and waking into a lucid state. I was flying through the air. I attempted to fly up into space, but my doubt prevented me from doing so. I remember the sensation of feeling frozen in both space and time, looking up into the sky. It became unreal, as if I suddenly did not exist yet were simultaneously gazing at a painting. I decided to look down, and upon doing so I exited that state and continued flying on. I saw a roller coaster looming out of the mist ahead, and as I flew over it I saw that it was an inverted roller coaster. I saw people in a coaster train flying through an inversion as I flew over. It was an interesting blend of looking hyperrealistic while at the same time looking vague and indistinct in certain ways.

It's hard for me to choose an absolute worst nightmare, but the worst I've had would be the ones in which I was the bad guy. Those dreams were horrific, because I hate violence and I would never harm anyone. Whatever I became in those dreams was the exact opposite of my true self. These dreams are too violent to discuss here.

One other nightmare that sticks out in my mind as one of the worst was a nightmare in which I was screaming at Hitler. I remember being in a vague, indistinct room that looked something like a cross between a science laboratory and a storage room. It's vaguely reminiscent of some kind of kitchen area from Jurassic Park. I remember seeing myself standing there screaming, but I was looking at myself vaguely from an external vantage point, and I could not see who I was talking to. I don't remember exactly what I was saying, but it was something along the lines of "You murdered children! F--- YOU! YOU ARE A CHILD MURDERER!" While I did not see who or what I was addressing, I felt a presence of hatred and rage. While I was screaming, I felt a hard, physical slap on my face in waking physical reality that woke me up. The thing is, there was no one there.

I have had recurring dreams before. I don't remember recent examples, but I remember having a series of three dreams when I was a child that all involved the same storyline. Literally, each one picked up where the other left off. This was back in elementary school; it began with me seeing a massive opening in an otherwise normal looking elementary school gym that had large, ancient looking torches at each side of the entrance. I entered, and ended up in a large mansion. I walked around frantically, trying to find my parents. I was frightened at the prospect of being alone, especially in that massive, eerie mansion. I did not escape that mansion until the third night. My memory also strongly associates these dreams with a dream I had about Jesus Christ, but I do not quite remember whether or not what I am remembering occurred in one of these dreams. In the dream about Jesus Christ, I was on a playground, and I saw him sitting in the sand. A bunch of young children ran up to him, and I did as well. I didn't see his physical figure distinctly, but I remember a sort of glowing light emanating from him.

The vast majority of my dreams are not realistic, at least not in terms of day-to-day life. When I was a young child, my dreams often involved ghosts, vampires, and other monsters. My dreams were otherworldly, and some even involved the end of the world. Now, at an older age, my dreams do not often involve ghosts and monsters, but they are incredibly abstract. They have sometimes involved demonic forces or more generally non-physical presences of rage and hatred. When I do encounter an actual, physical monster in a dream, it is far more graphic and disturbing nowadays than it was when I was a child. I can't give specific examples of this here.

I analyze my dreams very often. Dreams are a key into the deeper aspects of our minds and beyond.

Dreams often have symbolic meaning to me, but they are even more than that to me. I believe that dreams involve something far deeper than many people attribute to them, and this ties into my spiritual beliefs.

Nowadays, I at least tend to remember more nightmares than dreams. Whether or not I am having more nightmares than dreams including the dreams I do not remember, I do not know. This may be due to stress involving school and other matters.

What was your best dream?

A had a lucid dream a few days ago it was pretty awesome I was flying around in outer space and stuff :D

Your worst nightmare?

I won't go into to much detail but it involved blood.

Have you ever had a reoccurring dream?

Haven't really had reoccurring dreams before they tend to be different all the time but I have reoccurring dream signs  

Are your dreams more realistic, or fantasy?

A bit of both, usually more realistic though.

Do you ever analyze your dreams?

Yep :D, I love to know what my dreams mean.

Do you think dreams mean anything? If so, what?

I think dreams have the ability to help us understand life more that's my opinion though :D

Do you tend to have more nightmares or dreams?

I usually have more dreams I rarely have nightmares.

I have no idea what it meant. i always wondered: Why Toilets? Why something so stupid?  :lol:

I kinda fear what a psychologist would have to say about such a dream.  :blink:

I would almost say that it was a fear of independence and not having your mother around to protect you or take care of you

When children start potty training, it can be really scary for them because it's such a big change ^^'

But that's all I have for guesses haha