MLP Forums Vs. Facebook

CharmingStallion

As controversial as the title sounds :D Just curious how many find themselves coming to MLP Forums more often than Facebook? I almost always leave these forums happy/smiling whereas Facebook...not so much. Soooo that's my reason ;-) You?

Edited by CharmingStallion
  • Brohoof 4

Very hard choice! But I would go for Facebook because all my friends and family are there. They are not bronies (even my friends :( ) so why would they go to this forum? It would be more fun if all your friends are here so you can interact with each other. If my friends had accounts in this site, I would go for here but family and friends are more important than a show with technicolored ponies. Yes, it's my favorite show. But you can only have your family and friends once unlike the show which can be brought back again and again.

• Brohoof 3

It all depends on who you interact with, how they interact with you and how you interact with them.

Personally I prefer this sight, Im much more comfortable here.

The people I talk to on Facebook are mostly friends of friends and family. 

Though I do suppose you could use Facebook in a different way, just go around adding random people and being very social. 

• Brohoof 3

Both of the sites are pretty boring.

I find myself just waiting for something to happen.

But,this site is at least better at that then Facebook.

So,bottom of the line, MLP Forums is better than Facebook.

Well when interacting with irl friends and family, then yes I prefer Facebook.

However, for interacting with other bronies, I prefer using MLP Forums. 

Also Facebook is for sharing and talking instead of discussing.

• Brohoof 1

A website filled with like minded individuals, and people who share a lot of the same interests as me, and a place were a semi normal discussion can happen, or a hive of cluster minded, crowd following teenagers, where ad homonym is the name of the game, debate is all about penis size, and teen age girls end entire sections of the site by yelling bigot really loudly. I wonder which one I prefer....

• Brohoof 3

I wouldn't compare them. I have met everybody (seriously, I am very picky) I have friended on facebook. I have never met anybody on this forum, and dont expect to until BronyCon of at least 2015. Anyhow, I do come to this site more often than facebook.

I spend at least 4 hours on MLPForums everyday and only a few minutes per week on Facebook, so I guess that answers your question. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I don't even use Facebook. I myself find the way most people use it to be a bit creepy. Basically letting people stalk you.  :blink:

So, I'd have to go with here. Since I actually have an account here.  :lol:

LOL. I haven't really used facebook in, oh I don't even remember. Too many useless and stupid pages on there. Statuses I don't care about. And don't even get me started on the annoying game invites. Like, I check it once or twice a day, and I always get at least one.

Hello @CharmingStallion, I moved this topic from Sugarcube corner to Feedback & Suggestions. While this topic isn't providing feedback, meta threads, or threads that discuss MLP Forums and/or its community itself, fit best in this section.

Personally, I greatly prefer MLP Forums to Facebook in terms of regular usage, but Facebook is still an invaluable tool. I use the latter to communicate with people I know in person who moved away.

• Brohoof 2