Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming (Rumor) PewDiePie getting bought by Disney?

Adorkable

So, this is a thing.

Or at least a "rumored" thing.

Anyone else heard of this?

I mean, I think PewDiePie has even denied it on Twitter, but there's something going on.

I don't pay much attention to Disney, but I've been seeing this news everywhere on the net lately.

Apparently Disney is buying out a YouTube network for $500 million dollars.

And that my friends, is a lot of coin.

With this network, Disney will get BIG YouTubers like PewDiePie, TotalBiscuit, Yogscast and some other dudes I've never even heard of.

What do you guys think of this?

Could PewDiePie be the next Fred? (lol)

By the gods, let's hope not.

Edited by Adorkable

The objection I'd have with that is that Disney's never been big on the gaming market. It's not their forte, why would they start now? Besides, I think a lot of the big gaming people are a bit questionable for a cooperation that marks itself on family friendly content to pick up. I personally think they'd be going for one of Youtube's animators or the like, perhaps.

Anyway, Disney has bigger fish to fry without having to buy anything that Youtube has. Disney can buy better things than a simple guy who makes Youtube videos. But if it helps the ad revenue for Disney, then it's good then.

Edited by Scootalove

Nice joke, man.

I never said it was a joke?

Oh great Disney wants to by an overrated lets player who doesn't hold a candle to people like chuggaaconroy and Proton Jon. I don't really care.

To be fair, PewDiePie is the world's most famous gamer, whether he's good or not.

Personally, I like Markiplier better, but since he's got the world record in subscribers and he's the most known gamer in the world, I think it's pretty interesting.

• Brohoof 2

Disney bought the company that controlled the ad revenue of them. They don't own those channels. They simply help them get better ad revenue and help deal with copyright problems. If those channels don't want to deal with Disney they can end their contract with them.

To be fair, PewDiePie is the world's most famous gamer, whether he's good or not.

Personally, I like Markiplier better, but since he's got the world record in subscribers and he's the most known gamer in the world, I think it's pretty interesting.

PewDiePie is more of the worlds most infamous gamer. Popular opinion seems to have turned against him recently. And I don't know what they would be thinking buying youtube gamers. Not much you can really do with them.

I will say, yes he is famous, but that doesn't mean I watch him. I just find other lets players better.

Oh, one of the most annoying, obnoxious and overrated Youtubers ever? Why the buck not.

Disney isn't what it used to be anymore.

I seen a Disney commercial the other day, a guy was with his family in a Home Depot style store, and he finds a welding mask and puts it on, then finds aflourescent light, and pretends it's a lightsaber. He then puts his welding mask down and pretends to be Darth Vader and to his son he sas "I am your Father" I though it was kinda cool.....That is until the Disney bit came up that said something like "You know your'e a fan of Disney when..." NO, that's him being a fan of STAR WARS, not Disney itself.  I still don't' associate Star Wars with Disney, half the time I forget  Disney owns Star Wars now.

Edited by xFlutterdash
  • Brohoof 5

this is only confirming my suspicion that one day Disney will own the entire entertainment industry, and everything that entails

I cannot agree more............at this point, i have lost patience and my interest with them.  Even Disney, himself must be turning in his grave.   This company is like buying everyone.  When they bought Marvel, i got pissed.  When they bought LucasArts (Star Wars basically), that blew my mind, now with this, (althought I could careless about it, b/c its annoying) I'll be sent to Kingdom Come.  They are really getting "greedy" IMO.

Edited by Promethean Alicorn
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, one of the most annoying, obnoxious and overrated Youtubers ever? Why the buck not.

I seen a Disney commercial the other day, a guy was with his family in a Hope Depot style store, and he finds a welding mask and puts it on, then finds aflourescent light, and pretends it's a lightsaber. He then puts his welding mask down and pretends to be Darth Vader and to his son he sas "I am your Father" I though it was kinda cool.....That is until the Disney bit came up that said something like "You know your'e a fan of Disney when..." NO, that's him being a fan of STAR WARS, not Disney itself. I still don't' associate Star Wars with Disney, half the time I forget Disney owns Star Wars now.

DON'T REMIND ME

EVERY DAY I LIVE IS AGONY

creis.jpg

Yup........After 2005, the "true" Disney died.  (That includes the time where Toon Disney was around, which should've stay.  This XD crap sucks)

I cannot agree more............at this point, i have lost patience and my interest with them.  Even Disney, himself must be turning in his grave.   This company is like buying everyone.  When they bought Marvel, i got pissed.  When they bought LucasArts (Star Wars basically), that blew my mind, now with this, (althought I could careless about it, b/c its annoying) I'll be sent to Kingdom Come.  They are really getting "greedy" IMO.

well, his brain is rolling in its cyro storage, 

i wonder what he would think when he is revived one day in the future and sees that his company rules the world

well, his brain is rolling in its cyro storage, 

i wonder what he would think when he is revived one day in the future and sees that his company rules the world

*Wakes up Walt, in the cyro storage*

CEO: Welcome back, Mr. Disney

Walt: Hows the company coming along.

CEO: Uhhhhh.........We just purchased Marvel, Star Wars, and a few others.

*In annoyance*

Walt: Put me back in.

Edited by Promethean Alicorn
  • Brohoof 3

Oh god, I hope not. Although I feel confident in the fact that TotalBiscuit would never sell himself out to a corporation like Disney. He hates dishonest corporations, and he's a gamer, period. Why would someone like him be interested in a company that uses heavy censorship, and makes unethical business decisions. In the words of TB, "it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and the whole thing just SUCKS!"

Popular opinion seems to have turned against him recently.

I can understand why though, I still watch him, but I don't think he's been as good as he used to. When he did horror, those were his golden ages, now he does random crap that "ironically" happens at the same time Markiplier is doing something,

I will say, yes he is famous, but that doesn't mean I watch him. I just find other lets players better.

Hey man, I agree with you.

I like Markiplier much better than PewDiePie anymore.

I guess it wasn't, if only it was.

May have had a better turnout, right? ^^"

• Brohoof 1