Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite pony from gen 1-3?

Adachi

I have a soft spot for G3's "A Very Minty Christmas" in particular and the character of Minty herself. She's just so lovably silly and a bit wacky!

And that dorky laugh Tabitha did for her is always very amusing, although I think the funniest occurrence of this would have to be in the first G3 episode, "A Charming Birthday", where Minty has brought KImono to the castle, turns around and looks back at her, and does the most hilarious laugh I've ever heard!

Thistle Whistle is also very likeable, and enjoy her little moments of sarcasm and slightly rebellious nature at times. It's a shame the pegasi were dropped seemingly in favour of Hasbro wanting to bring focus to the "all new super duper unicorn ponies" toy line.

I also agree Puzzlemint is a great character, despite only having a large role in one episode, and has that awesome British accent! But then, it was Tabitha again after all!

As for G1, I can't say I have any favourite ponies from the era, as I just can't get into it that much really for the most part. (People are then like, "So you kind of like G3, but not G1? Is wrong with you man?" !!!)

post-12681-0-98710600-1395922900_thumb.jpg

Edited by PianoOfMuffins

Lol, Rarity Dash. Mine is Minty, not just her love for socks. I have been watching MLP for a while now, not just since the show aired, previous generations. When I look back in the G3 days, the personalities are TOTALLY different from the MLP:FiM franchise. RD is Rarity, Pinkie Pie is not hyper active all the time. But I look at when I used to watch G1, they had humans, alicorns weren't really rare, and and they had an Applejack and a Twilight Sparkle. So looking back in all generations my top favorites are either: 1: Minty or 2: AppleJack.

• Brohoof 1

I guess Firefly since she's the one with the most character. Wasn't Minty like the Derpy of G3?

Not sure. I only remember her trying to keep Pinkie Pie's surprise party from being spoiled, with Puzzlemint keeping her distracted.

Sweet Celestia, all of the ponies from G1 were great! 

How can I possibly choose?

For G3, Minty. Just because.  :comeatus: 

And I think we all know who my favorite from G4 is:P 

Edited by Magical Bookworm

(edited)

All this talk of older gens has me curious. I wonder what Baby Heartthrob is like now. Maybe she's all grown up now, and a famous singer. I would love for her to tour with Octavia and/or Vinyl, providing vocals.

Edit: Wait, I'm thinking of the wrong one. Which one had the microphone cutie mark?

Edited by Ryudo

All this talk of older gens has me curious. I wonder what Baby Heartthrob is like now. Maybe she's all grown up now, and a famous singer. I would love for her to tour with Octavia and/or Vinyl, providing vocals.

Edit: Wait, I'm thinking of the wrong one. Which one had the microphone cutie mark?

Baby Heartthrob had hearts for her cutiemark.  :P 

If you're talking about G1, I think you may be talking about Medley. She has 5 music notes for a cutiemark. (Not to be confused with the Medley from G4, with a weather cutiemark)

Baby Heartthrob had hearts for her cutiemark.  :P 

If you're talking about G1, I think you may be talking about Medley. She has 5 music notes for a cutiemark. (Not to be confused with the Medley from G4, with a weather cutiemark)

Oh, I coulda swore there was one filly who had a microphone for their cutie mark. I remember seeing her in the movie that had the Smooze (I'll have to watch it again sometime). Maybe I have the notes mistaken for a microphone though, memory is a bit rusty.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...