Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Quotes that gave you chills?

Adachi

Step-by-step guide to giving somebody chills with a quote:

Step 1: Write a quote on some of that fortune-cookie paper.

Step 2: Fill an ice cube tray with water

Step 3: Put the quote in the water.

Step 4: Put the tray in the freezer for a few hours

Step 5: Take the tray out, grab the ice cube with the quote in it and throw it at somebody's face.

Chills achieved.

• Brohoof 2

Seems rather apt considering two of MLP's princesses...

"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

From the Babylon 5 episode Into the Fire

(edited)

Sonata: If you think I'm protecting someone, you're sadly mistaken. For I have nobody to protect.

Phoenix: Then let me protect you.

Sonata: Phoenix...

Phoenix: (thinking to self) Let me show you what it means to be a defense attorney

Sailor Moon (when facing Queen Nehilenia): You can take your revenge on me, if it will make you feel better. My friends will all understand 

or

Sailor Moon (to Galaxia, after Chibi Chibi dies): Why must we fight? When all we'll end up doing is hurting each other?

Chibusa (upon being reunited with Sailor Pluto): Sailor PLUTO! :D :D :D

Gore: Let me show you the strength of humans! (or something like that)

Valmar: How can you yet live? Surely, the will of man can never overpower a GOD?!

Millenia: God, smod! I'm right here in all my glory!

Edited by Princess of the Sun

(edited)

“So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?”~ Hunter S. Thomson. 

"Some may Never Live, but the crazy never die"~Hunter S. Thomson.

"Don't hold too hard to the past, and don't call out to the future - It'll find you without even trying"~Mike Heron.

Edited by bailey2

(edited)

LOTR is chalk full of them! 

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.”

And this scene gives me chills everytime. I'm reminded of when Shining and Cadence vanquish the Changeling Army everytime...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UayQi2tdJTw#t=54 

"For Frodo."

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!"

"My friends, you bow to no one." *cue bowing*

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." 

"From the ashes, a fire shall be woken. A light from the shadow shall spring. Renewed shall be blade that was broken. The crownless again shall be king."

Also, some of my other favorites!

"If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you can possible imagine." 

"I am your father."

"Remember us. As simple an order as a king can give. Remember why we died. For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. 'Remember us,' he said to me. That was his hope, should any free soul come across that place, in all the countless centuries yet to be. May all our voices whisper to you from the ageless stones, go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here by Spartan law, we lie.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

Edited by Dinos4Ever