Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Quotes that gave you chills?

Adachi

What are some quotes that gave you chills? Here are some of mine.

Wild Arms 2

Lord Blazer: Is that figure the "Hero of the Sword?" ...from Argetlahm?!

Ashley: Let's go. Let's all go fight this together!

*as soon as Ashley uses Impulse*

Anastasia: That's it. That's it exactly! The Argetlahm isn't a weapon to bury demons. By gathering the will to live into power, it becomes the key to open the door to the future. It's not a power to be wielded alone, it's a power for everyone to wield together.

Colette: Has it arrived? Has my prayer arrived? If it won't arrive when I pray alone, we'll all pray together as one. Everyone, everyone was born on this star and lived here.

Terry: Everything depends on being alive. Only when you're alive do you get to fall in love or get to fight with others. If tomorrow comes because today's life light starts the creation of the future then... ...this light should be delivered to those battling at the end of today!

Noel: I can clearly feel it! Right now, all the souls in Filgaia are trying to join together! It's stopping all life from fighting simply to keep alive. We are not powerless. We have the strength of our united hearts. Take this power and throw it against the wars confronting you!

Merrill: This battle is to save our precious world! That's why we must fight too. We don't need to be protected by someone special. Because it's important, so very important, we must protect it ourselves. If anyone has to be the "hero", then anyone should be able to become the "hero". The prayers must have reached them right? Everyone is fighting to protect Filgaia now.

Tony: We're not gonna push it all off on Dude. Because it's so important, we're gonna protect it with our own hands. I'm not sure we can handle it on our own, so if we get into trouble, help us out Dude, ok? When you get into a bind, the young ARMS could help you on in return. We like Filgaia just like everyone else!

Marina: I love it! This world, the life we live, and Ashley all... I like today better than yesterday, and I like the unknown tomorrow even more. Let's head off to tomorrow together. Everyone together... *Ashley hits for 99999 damage*

Suikoden V

*when Belcoot duels Childerich*

Belcoot: I'll never lose to a monster like you!

*when Childerich tries his poison mist and misses*

Belcoot: I hardly think so!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix: Iris, there's one thing I've been wanting to tell you.

Iris: What is it?

Phoenix: Even when Dahlia was arrested, I never stopped believing in you

Iris: Thank you so much! (or something like that)

*when Phoenix Wright is about to get killed by the mafia*

Gumshoe: *busts open the door* Hold it pal! I saw everything! You're all under arrest! Drop your guns and surrender immediately! (and they all actually comply, because Gumshoe is just that badass

Edited by Assertive Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 2

A few from Ace Attorney:

Phoenix Wright: "Why did I become a lawyer in the first place? Because someone has to look out for the people who have no one on their side."

Miles Edgeworth (to Damon Gant): "Just sit back, relax... and enjoy the sound of the noose tightening around your own neck."

Godot: "Hah! Did you forget? In my world, the color red doesn't exist. These must be... my tears."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One other quote I forgot to mention, from Turnabout Storm. I forgot exactly what was said, but when the judge was about to declare Sonata guilty of murder, Mia says to Phoenix "You know just as well as I do that it's not over yet". Phoenix objects, then starts proving how Sonata didn't commit murder afterall, and when she asks him why he's helping her, he says something about being unable to allow innocent people to be found guilty. Then he's like, "Let me show you what it means to be a defense attorney".

Also, not so much a scene that gave chills but was still pretty funny

Gilda: Just wait til I get my claws on you!

Trixie: Leave him alone!

Phoenix: Well what do you know? Trixie's actually sticking up for me :)

Trixie: Besides, he's all mine.

Phoenix: Then again, maybe not :(

Edited by Assertive Fluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

Yu Yu Hakusho:

Roto: Come on! You believe in mercy, right?

Kurama: No.

Yusuke: You killed my teacher because I was too stupid to protect her! And now you killed my best friend too, and I'm going to have to live with that...

Younger Toguro: Maybe not for long.

Sensui: We'll start digging, each one of us. Seven graves should be a decent start.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (These quotes didn't actually give me chills, they were just too funny not to mention)

Sheogorath: I tried everything I could to stop him! Once I dug a hole and filled it with clouds... or was it clowns? I can't remember. It doesn't matter; didn't slow him down! It began to stink! Must've been clowns! Clouds don't stink. They taste of butter, and tears.

Sheogorath: You've done it! Let's celebrate! Cheese! Cheese for everyone! No, wait, scratch that! No cheese. That would be just as much of a celebration for someone who doesn't like cheese, yes?

Sheogorath: I'm so happy, I could just... RIP OUT YOUR ENTRAILS AND STRANGLE YA WITH 'EM! Ha-ha!

Quotes that gave me the chills.................well, these quotes are more historical and are somewhat true.  Yet, many people these days don't realize what we are doing so here is a quote by the father of the Atomic Bomb, himself, Robert J. Oppenheimer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26YLehuMydo Edited by Promethean Alicorn
  • Brohoof 3

Not so much a quote that gives me chills, but I find very beautiful. Prime World has a hero named Nymph, and one of her quotes is "My unicorn is the only family I have, or desire". Also, I love Muse's quotes, such as "My life is music!", "My heart sings!", and when she defeats someone, "Aww, you didn't like my song?" or something like that. And my absolute favorite, "They cannot break us!"

Also, Karma from LoL has a few quotes that give me chills. Such as "Ideals are meaningless, unless you're willing to FIGHT for them!", "My heart is an unquenchable fire!", and "Never become a monster to defeat one".

This quote from Darkseid reminds me of so many dictators and how they are in a way gods of their own domains.

Of course what gets to me more than anything is Eisenhowers warning about the military industrial complex

• Brohoof 1

Every line from Unicron in the 88 Transformers movie. Especially when you realize, Orson Wells only recorded 2 or 3 lines before he died, the rest were synthesized using voice clips of him.

Ok had to add this. This is the end of Sisko's monologue, but all of it in this episode is just nuts, and always gets me.

Edited by Zhortac

Only one line comes to my mind, from Half-Life 2:

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So, wake up, Mister Freeman. Wake up and...smell the ashes... 

Oh, G-Man. You magnificent jerkface.

Oh, got one more -- Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2:

It's cute that y'all think you're the heroes of this little adventure, but...you're not. Welcome to Pandora, kiddos!

Made all the more epic when the train you're on explodes immediately after that line is done. The first time I saw that cutscene, I almost cried from how spine-tingling it was.

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1

1. "A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect. Every action is the work will bare a consequence. If you stay around forever you will surely drown. I see the way you go and say you're right again, say you're right again. Heed my lecture".

2. "I'm drowning, but I don't care, 'Cause when you got what I got, what I got.. Who needs air? I don't air".

3. "I care not what dark paths you've made. You will fail".

4. What will it take to make you come back? I told you what it is and it just ain't like that. Why can't you look at me? You're still in love with me. Don't leave me crying".

5. "I'd do everything so differently. But I can't turn back the time".

6. " 'Cause when push comes to shove, you taste what you're made of. You might bend, 'til you break, 'cause it's all you can take. On your knees you look up; decide you've had enough. You get mad, you get strong, wipe your hands, shake it off. Then you stand".

7. "People killin', people dyin'? Children hurt and you hear them cryin'. Can you practice what you preach? Or would you turn the other cheek? Father, father, father help us. Send some guidance from above. 'Cause people got me, got me questionin': Where is the love?"

• Brohoof 1

For hearts long lost and full of fright. For those alone in blackest night. Accept our ring and join our fight -- love conquers all with violet light!

Also, could anyone else imagine Fluttershy becoming a Star Sapphire in some MLP/DC crossover? I know she couldn't wear a ring, but maybe they could make some kind of bangle or something.

• Brohoof 1

Breaking Bad was full of feels

Completely agree with this.

Hell, you could fill a whole thread with emotional/inspiring Breaking Bad moments.

Edited by Swoony
  • Brohoof 1

"I know not what weapons World War 3 will be fought with but--WAITAMINUTEWAITAMINUTEWAITAMINUTE.

O_O

OMG

OMGOMGOMGOMG

SAY IT TO BE TRUE.

There's someone else on this forum who not only knows of Wild Arms 2's existence but has played or seen all the way to the end!? A GRAND DAY THIS IS!!!!! *Blubbers like the Wild Arms fanboy that I am*

:wub:

Okay I'm calm now. I think.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

ALRIGHT, IT'S OUT OF MY SYSTEM.

Back to the quote:

"I know not what weapons World War 3 will be fought with but World War 4 will undoubtedly be fought with sticks and stones"

I believe it was Albert Einstein that said this. Really makes you think.

Wild Arms 2 for life! :wub:

If we are talking genuine shivers down my spine . . . .

Transformers:

Megs: We need a truce Optimus. All I want is to be back in charge. Besides . . . what would you be without me, Prime?"

Optimus: . . . . Time to find out. *faceplate*

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Megs: A stick? What would you do with a stick?

Dinobot: Improviiiiise.

Action movies:

"Spartans! Lay down your weapons!"

*speared*

"Persians! Come and take them!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I am ripper! Tearer! Slasher! Gouger! I am the teeth in the darkness! The talons in the night! Mine is strength! And lust! And power! I! AM! BEOWULF!"

Code Geass:

Lelouch: Mao . . . {NEVER SPEAK AGAIN!}

Lelouch: Attention entire world! Hear my proclamation: I am Lelouch vi Brittania, Emperor of the Holy Brittanian Empire and your only ruler.

Schneizel has surrendered to me. As a result of this, I am now in control of both the Damocles and the FLEIJA weapons, and even the Black Knights no longer possess the strength to oppose me now. If anyone dares to resist my supreme authority, they shall know the devestating power of the FLEIJ As. Those who could challege my military rule no longer exist. Yes, from this day, from this moment forward, the world belongs to me!

Lelouch vi Brittania commands you: Obey me subjects! Obey me world!

Doctor Who:

"Fear me, Doctor. I've killed many Timelords."

"Fear me. I've killed all of them."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The dictator's speech by charlie chaplin....

There are no words to describe its epicness...

You beat me to it!!!! :(

"The only  thing we have to fear is fear itself." -FDR

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -JFK

These two are just simply amazing and get me every time. :wub:

Edited by Bladed & Verses