Why do people like Trixie?

CosmicHooves

No offence Trixie lovers, but she's not that great. The most impressive magic she did was create a cloud. Yes, that is impressive, but she is NOT even close to Twilight's level.

In Magic Duel she performs very little magic without the assistance of the Alicorn Amulet. But in Boast Busters she does actually perform some pretty impressive magic.

Applejack_tied_up_S1E06.pngRainbow_spinning_through_the_air_S1E06.pRarity_green_hair_S1E6.pngUrsa_minor_with_rope_around_its_fingers_

No, she's nowhere near as powerful as Twilight Sparkle, but that's a tough standard to expect anybody to match up to.

I'm fond of Trixie as a character because I think her need to prove herself shows a certain underlying vulnerability and uncertainty of her self-worth. She seems to have a much less one-dimensional personality than most of the background characters.

And she's cute!

Trixie_surprised_S1E06.png

• Brohoof 1

~VitalSpark~ [fimfiction] [deviantart]

Pretty much what everypony else (who is pro-Trixie) in this thread has been saying...I can't speak for every single fan, obviously, but personally, I like Trixie because she's an entertaining antagonist/rival to Twilight (but it's a kind of one-sided rivalry, where Twilight couldn't care less about Trixie whereas Trixie is pretty obsessed with proving she's as good as/better than Twilight, which for me makes for an even more interesting dynamic), but also not straight-up evil - as others have pointed out, she showed some genuine remorse for what she did under the Alicorn Amulet's influence, which suggests she doesn't want to actively *hurt* other ponies, she's mostly just very selfish/self-obsessed and desperate for attention - and that makes her a fascinating character to me. I like thinking about her motivations, what drives her to do the things she does, and the little possible hints of backstory the show gives us - how did she end up a travelling magician? what might have happened at the rock farm (possibly even Pinkie's)? What's she going to do post-Magic Duel? She's just a character with tons of potential and interesting possibilities to me - she has plenty of personality in the show that makes her entertaining, but there's also lots of room for speculation and different interpretations of her character too, which I enjoy.

I guess a lot of why I like her so much is headcanon-y (she comes off as very insecure to me because of how hard she took the events of Boast Busters, and it makes me wonder if anypony's ever given her the attention she craves so desperately, or why she feels she has to prove she's better than everypony else all the time, and yeah I could probably go on but won't :P) and won't work or be obvious to everyone - I totally understand why Trixie isn't everypony's cup of tea, and yeah, of course it can be annoying when a character you don't like becomes popular. But still, I think it's not too hard to see why she's a fan favourite just going by the formula of "entertaining antagonist" + "rivalry with main character" + "possible future redemption arc" + "cute/pretty character design".

• Brohoof 1

post-15132-0-83112800-1440723081.png

wonderful signature by Blue Moon & Wheatley! | cosplay | deviantart | fimfiction | johari window | pm me for 3DS friend code, or just to talk/make friends/whatever! <3

Trixie's magic is more at the level of Rarity's if one were to strip the crowd cheers. Rarity can make appear to be there when they're not (Hoity Toity clearly saw the stuff we saw in the second fashion show in Suited For Succeed. His reactions showed that he did.) She can makes a dress in seconds, she can find gems, she may not be able to create a cloud (except in one episode), and she may not be able to make someone look ugly, but she can make someone look fabulous, and she can find gems. Yes, Trixie has done impressive magic, but so did Rarity. Trixie shows off her magic which makes her only appear to be very gifted in magic, but in reality, she's basically at Rarity's level, not Twilight's. 

Am I saying Rarity has better magic than Trixie? No. I'm saying Trixie is closer to Rarity's level. 

• Brohoof 1

BcACRhR.png

Applejack Fan Club

because tsun ponies are best ponies 

Trixie's magic is more at the level of Rarity's if one were to strip the crowd cheers. Rarity can make appear to be there when they're not (Hoity Toity clearly saw the stuff we saw in the second fashion show in Suited For Succeed. His reactions showed that he did.) She can makes a dress in seconds, she can find gems, she may not be able to create a cloud (except in one episode), and she may not be able to make someone look ugly, but she can make someone look fabulous, and she can find gems. Yes, Trixie has done impressive magic, but so did Rarity. Trixie shows off her magic which makes her only appear to be very gifted in magic, but in reality, she's basically at Rarity's level, not Twilight's. 

Am I saying Rarity has better magic than Trixie? No. I'm saying Trixie is closer to Rarity's level. 

makes sense, I have to agree.

*OC Lucky Star*

I love Trixie because she has potential. They gave her a sudden change of character at the end of Magic Duel, sorta hinting at a return. Other reasons is because I think her color scheme is brilliant, and she is cute.

Here is a little justification 

post-18640-0-77614600-1417306692_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

They can relate to her somehow...

She's personally not a favorite of mine, but I think characters that talk in third person are amusing.

Maybe because she seems like she can amount up to Twilight's magical ability, but I seriously doubt that she ever will...

Whats not to like??? 

She beautiful, she's good with magic, she got a sweet ass cape and hat, she talks in the 3rd person! My Sister in law she's just great! 

Top of all that I just love chicks/guys like that...... its odd but I do. 

MLPthing_zpsb5238576.gif

"Does not matter what they say, my sweet love! I love you! and always will." 

~Princess Luna

Why do I like Trixie? She isn't that bad, and there's plenty of room for her character to develop. She also has my favorite design on the show along with Twilight.

Rarity hasn't really done anything that puts her above the average unicorn in terms of magical ability. Her talent lies within creating things, and she doesn't use any impressive spells to do that. Trixie isn't super powerful, but it was said that she went to the school for gifted unicorns, and her career is basically showing off her magic. 

Edited by 1CJB
  • Brohoof 1

Trixie suffers from a superiority complex. Lack of development within Heart. Probably lacking Maternal interaction(Mother and child) within her family.

Fluttershy has an inferiority complex. Lack of development within Ego. Paternal interaction(Father and child) may be lacking within the family.

Mostly family-related problems.

I do like Trixie, but it's out of pity, more than anything else.

Everybody keeps saying "Oh, Trixie reformed?" WHY? Because she said so?

Basically, she said "Oh, it wasn't me that did these terrible things, it was that bad old amulet.  It made do it & now I'm sorry, forgive me."  So, let me get this straight.  You were just walking down the street & the bad old amulet jumped out of an alley, grabbed you by the throat, & made you do horrible things?  Things that you never even imagined doing to Twilight because you were too busy helping the poor & studying for your novitiate?  That's your story, is it?  You're sorry, are you? You're sorry you got caught, THAT'S what you're sorry about.  Prisons are full of folks every bit as sorry as you are & prison is where you belong.  For robbing that shopkeeper, if nothing else. (And why, exactly, did he have that amulet in the 1st place?)

Now, maybe I'm wrong (God knows, it won't be the 1st time).  But, let's see you act sorry, not just say you're sorry & then we'll talk forgiveness.

I think its due to she

is a over the top type

and all that ppl/fans like

her.

I like how she can be used well for

fanfic due to having such a open

well background and what she

be used for in being a good

or bad pony...

HAPd9iV.png.6735adea9023e498213c6ac62728b196.png

Just a quick update to everyone on this post.

This is an old post so keep in mind, my opinions have changed about Trixie.

A couple months ago Trixie became one of my favorite characters on the show and she has been to this very day.

So just to let you all know, I do not dislike Trixie.

K?

• 9 months later...

i asked myself the same question.. from boastbusters untill today: she was a boasting lier and is full of herself... i don't know how SCH a villain got a fanbase in the first place... other villains where way more interresting/relatable imo .-.

sig-35204.sig-35204.sig-35204.sig-35204.

Just send a Message to me or visite my Free Charactersheets post !

link to my thread --> https://mlpforums.com/topic/136316-free-rp-charactersheets/

feel free to check out my first english fanfic aswell --> https://mlpforums.com/topic/138791-the-strange-salespony/

It's probably because of her color scheme and her voice. Her color scheme I find nauseating though because it's blue with light blue. Why do people like redundant color schemes?

I have to question color schemes of similar ponies like Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle.

sig-33597.sig-33597.o1kum.gif

I find her character very entertaining. I mean, I always get excited when she is in the episode because I know I'm so going to laugh this time. Besides I love her outfit :3 and the fact that she annoys Twilight, I love when Twilight suffers.