Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Make a wish - PsyTrance remixn

ricardofr-200

Hello everypony!

Finally, there's my very first season 4 remix! Make a wish, one of my favorites songs of the season so far!

Well, let's see if I can put a dailymotion video here...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1mmwht_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-make-a-wish-ricardo-f-psytrance-remix_music

Just click on the link if there's not player (I think DM doesn't work for forums...)

So yeah, hope you all enjoy, feel free to comment! :D

• Brohoof 2

Never seen anybody use Daily Motion as their primary medium of delivery before, huh.

Productions nice and beefy. It doesn't really have that 'trancy' feel though, for some reason. It might just be your style but the elements don't really lend themselves into that repetitive euphoria I know trance to be. Like all the individual pieces are there, the arps, the kick, the chord progressions... I dunno, it just doesn't seem one hundred percent there. It's a nice song on it's own, but I dunno if I'd classify it as trance.

There's distortion when the vocals are introduced, on the hi hats and the vocals themselves. Too much competing at once I think, check the mixdown.

The hi hats you chose are kinda sucky imo. They stand out too much.

Definitely one of the better remixes I've heard on this forum to date though.

(edited)

Thank you very much!

Yeah, my youtube account was hacked twice :(  so... I gave up.

Distortion? The first time I finished it there was a lot indeed, and yes, you're right, I have to correct that kick with reverb where the voices starts, I think it comes from there :D

I added a "declipper" and put the master vol at 80%, but before I upload the song to soundcloud I'll make corrections.

Well, I think it's trance just because of the part after the intro  :lol: .

Again, thank you! ;) 

Edited by ricardofr-200

I added a "declipper" and put the master vol at 80%, but before I upload the song to soundcloud I'll make corrections.

Fix clipping issues in the mixdown, not in the master.

And it's just my opinion. For me trance is kind of weird to define so a lot of stuff that is technically trance doesn't sound like it for me.

• Brohoof 1

@@ricardofr-200

It's a great remix. 

There are a couple of things through. 

1. The track itself seems to overpower the voices, which isn't good. 

2. Your percussion needs a bit more variance. You could've used some better fill-ins during transitions. 

The intro was quite nice. I would suggest a sweeping filter on some of those synths though. 

• Brohoof 1

@@ricardofr-200

It's a great remix. 

There are a couple of things through. 

1. The track itself seems to overpower the voices, which isn't good. 

2. Your percussion needs a bit more variance. You could've used some better fill-ins during transitions. 

The intro was quite nice. I would suggest a sweeping filter on some of those synths though. 

Thanks for the comment. I'll see what I can do.

Fix clipping issues in the mixdown, not in the master.

And it's just my opinion. For me trance is kind of weird to define so a lot of stuff that is technically trance doesn't sound like it for me.

Oh, sorry, didn't get it the 1st time. Ok, will check that out as soon as possible.

This is super awesome! I love it.  :lol:

Thank you ;)