Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What TV show do you wish would make a comeback?

Reecejackox

Teen Titans (that movie wasn't really a comeback and Robin and Beast Boy was OOC)

Batman Beyond (as much as JLU kind of gave it an end)

Justice League Unlimited (granted it had a nice ending, but I enjoyed this series and we still need more founding members episodes)

Boboiboy (if it counts. Technically Galaxy is a different story through setting, storyline and continuity)

Edited by Lulaypp

• Babylon 5. That series needs to be recognized for it's greatness. 
  • Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes. The only series to do the Avengers justice. 
  • Wolverine and the X-Men. The closest Marvel has come to capturing the vibe of the 90s X-Men show. And they ended it on an Age Of Apocalypse cliff hanger.  
  • Wolf Lake. Would fit right in with this generation's love for supernatural urban fantasy. And it ended on a cliff hanger.
  • Highlander. The tales of an immortal swordsman are brimming for potential and the series could use a fresh reboot. 
  • The Crow. Remaking the original movie is a disaster waiting to happen, but a series would have more leeway to work with. 
  • Witchblade. I'm surprised at how little media this franchise has gotten. With comics in the mainstream conscious, it'd be a good time to showcase what makes the series special. 
  • Kindred: The Embraced. With Vampire: Bloodlines II being released later this year, a companion piece in bringing back the TV series would draw significant interest.  
  • Lucha Underground. This show should've been huge, but was featured on a tiny network. Anyone sick of WWE would've loved how gritty and unorthodox this program was.                          
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Me too. So many great episodes and I love the characters. G'kar has to be my favorite. He gave the best speeches.

Yeah, great story with multiple discussion-provoking parts, great characters. They all had good qualities to them, I don't think I can pick a favorite. I agree with you that G'Kar had the best speeches though.

38 minutes ago, Pentium100 said:

Yeah, great story with multiple discussion-provoking parts, great characters. They all had good qualities to them, I don't think I can pick a favorite. I agree with you that G'Kar had the best speeches though.

It has about the saddest ending that I've seen in a sci-fi show. Oh definitely. The characters are very well rounded with many strengths and flaws. Bester was a great villain on the show.

• Brohoof 2

For me it's no contest. If there was any show I could revive, it would be The Spectacular Spider-Man. Growing up with that show and the Sam Raimi film really cemented my love for the character. It remains one of my Top 3 favorite shows of all time (Along with MLP FIM and Breaking Bad) and the  prime example of a great show gone way too soon IMO (I remember finding out about the cancellation a few days after my birthday almost 10 years ago and it still breaks my heart).

I remember watching the show when it premiered on Kids WB in 2008 and being really entertained as a kid. But I've grown to appreciate the show more as I've gotten older. The show doesn't just give you cool action scenes with Spidey and him saying funny quips (Which are great in the show) and his villains, it also gives you Peter Parker dealing with his high school life, trying to help Aunt May, working for The Daily Bugle, his relationships with Gwen, Mary Jane, and Liz, etc.

The show also has great story arcs. They could've taken the more episodic approach and it still could've been good, but I liked how they made an animated series with a continuous story (Like Avatar The Last Airbender or Gravity Falls).

The villains in the show are also really well done for the most part. I was never a big Tombstone fan but this show made me love him (Even though he took on the Kingpin role). They also introduce some the villains several episodes before they become supervillains like with Flint Marko and Alex O'Hirn as partners in crime, Otto Octavius working for Norman Osborn (This show also gives us the best adaptation of Green Goblin IMO voiced by brilliantly by Steve Blum), Dr Connors secretly working on the Lizard serum, Montana as an Enforcer (Him becoming The Shocker was a cool change IMO), and Eddie Brock as Peter's big brother figure who eventually starts to hate him (The build up to him becoming Venom was so well done even though I felt like he could've been involved a bit more in season 2). I'll admit that I felt like Vulture, Kraven, and Electro could've had a bit more to do besides being Doc Ock's primary partners, but they're still fun to watch as well.

The voice acting is also great. Josh Keaton is Spider-Man in the same way Kevin Conroy is Batman to me. Whenever I read comics, I usually here Keaton's voice coming out of Peter/Spidey. The rest of the cast is great too with James Arnold Tyler as Harry Osborn, Lacey Chabert as Gwen Stacy, Ben Diskin as Eddie Brock/Venom, Joshua LeBar as Flash Thompson (Who actually has a really good arc in the show BTW), etc.

And of course, this show has the greatest theme song of all time by The Tender Box. I've listened to this song more times than I probably should and I will continue to listen to it for the rest of my life. It's so good and catchy and I was actually lucky enough to get to listen to it on the big screen when I went to see WALL-E and the music video for this song played before the film.

So yeah, I really love this show. For a long time I thought it was impossible for the show to return due to Sony returning the Spider-Man TV rights to Marvel/Disney. While it's still not highly likely, Sony has recently said that they are planning several Spider-Man based TV shows. Maybe a revival Spectacular Spider-Man could be one of them. If an announcement of the show returning ever happens, I will cry many tears of joy and throw a party.

• 3 months later...

Firefly, I'm still annoyed this amazing show got 1 season and 1 movie while other meaningless garbage shows managed to go 10, 12, 15 seasons, smdh.

Misfits of Science, an updated version would be very cool.

I suppose cop shows are out of the question now, so no Hunter remake.

Terra Nova, any time-traveling based show has more potential than 1 season.

Eerie, Indiana, had a lot more stories to tell.