Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you make a bad moderator?

TheBronyHeart

I was a mod for two years on another site. Some people said I was a good mod, but other people really hated my guts. Yeah... those were generally the members that ended up on the receiving end of the ban hammer, so... ehh... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Regulus

I once made a forum on one of those free forum sites and ended up getting very lazy about it cause there were way too little people on it (like ten) and pretty much zero posts so I just left it there and eventually just shut the thing down :P

I can imagine myself moderating MLPForums though. Imagine the wonderful place this will be:

"This thread has been closed because I don't like you"

I'm kidding, if I had enough time I would be a pretty decent and almost mediocrely good mod, but I'm the kind of person who doesn't like wasting immense amounts of time because I seriously need to get out there and start making some money I'm broke and Sonata needs her tacos

But dude, think of all the FREE brohoofs you can receive when you're a moderator! They'll like every single post you make, even if it's off-topic!

Or you could just get free brohoofs by being Sonata Dusk. Nobody can resist my realsies. NOBODY

When you're a moderator, there will be people who respect you and people who'll hate your guts.

Personally... I think I'd make at decent mod. However, I shouldn't be given too much power, because I might not be able to handle the pressure of it all.

• Brohoof 1

As a first line of defense, I think I would be awful. But, due to how this forum works, where most actions end up being decided by a group of mods, rather than one Rambo mod with a banhammer, I think I could provide a valuable opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Me, A moderator? Yes, I could see that...

Yes. I would be a terrible moderator.

With a laugh like that you need to be an Admin. :)

• Brohoof 2

no I would make a great moderator but there are only two problems

1) I'm not as... what's the word...... professional when it come to how I type you will notice it in how all the mods/staff/admin type if you pay close attention

2) I would refuse to be one if offered the roll because I'd rather people know me as me and not just another mod... plus having to always watch over a specific section to ensure no trouble is being caused, no thank you

I have seen I can do pretty well at organizing a site and directioning others, as well as offer energy and bring activity. I am also one that can keep track of potential trouble makers and rule breakers. Yet it is also possible to rile me up or get me to argue with you and I can be a bit too stubborn, serious, and strict for the liking of some.

So while I can potential be a good moderator, I may not be popular with many and some may see my interpersonal skills lacking. Thus, at least in the eyes of some, and if I don't having other staff to help counterbalance my weaknesses, I could be a bad moderator.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

I probably posted in here before, but it would have been a two whole years ago. Lol.

I would have to say that, based off my past experiences as a moderator, probably. While that may have been, like, ten years ago, some things probably never change. Even so, back then I had a real presence on the forums I visited, whereas nowadays I'm more of a lurker and thus not even noticed. There's no reason I should ever be a moderator, anyway.

I remember applying for a Moderator's position a very long time ago. Since I got no replies, I believe this means that I would make a bad moderator after all (at least, on those forums).

Why would I make a bad moderator ?

Well, answering this question would be as hard as answering the following question :

"Why is there no agreement on the Grand Unification Theory" ?

No, I am not saying I would be perfect by any means as I sure wasn't when I was a moderator on a site maybe 10 years ago but there are a few crucial things working in my favor. I am not interested in power for powers sake so the odds of me abusing said power are low, I think I am fair minded and reasonable and I tend to be direct and clear with my language and intentions so you won't get any bullshit from me.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy

Would I make a good  a good moderator? 

No.

I have no idea why I don't have any warning points to be honest.  I have posted a lot of bad stuff. 

I have Dissociative Identity Disorder for one. That in itself isn't so bad, but when one of your alter egos is a bully, that is where it gets really bad. 

I can be too strict at times. I'd probably ban someone for something silly. 

I have anger issues. I am better than I used to be, but I still snap, especially when I am provoked.

I have no experience in being an authority figure. I never get the chance. No one listens to me. Everyone pretends I'm not there unless I do something bad or someone needs to be blamed.