Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you make a bad moderator?

TheBronyHeart

Moderator? I would overthrow Feld0 and assert my dominance over all the other puny admins and make the forum awesome, like moi. I would bring a new stalinistic regime to MLPforums where everyone who does not have favourite pony as Rainbow Dash will be sent to moon and 1000 hours of Justin Bieber.

In short, I'd make the perfect moderator.

Yep, I would make an awful moderator. First, I don't know everyone, second, I can't dedicate 24/7 on this forum, third, I don't visit every section. Count me out  -_-

I think that I would make a alright-decent moderator. I love to help out on here whenever I can.

So I see I kind of avoided the answer in my first post here... So I'll give a real one. No. As I said, I do have experience. I kind of maybe split a whole forum in half with my moderation opinions... (Not just friendly disagreements, it turned quite... mean >.<) Well, at least that was the end result of me being so ridiculously strict.

I'd like to think "Oh, I was just a teenager" and that I grew up, and all of these years I would be better... But no sense in testing it... I don't think I'm really fit for such a position. Or any position at all, with that matter... Lol.

Well, this is a thread that is something that will help people think... hopefully. I support this thread all the way.

As for me, I'd say No. I may have the friendly aspects to help out those in need and (quite unfortunately) I have a lot of time on my hooves. The problem herein lays with me maybe being a bit too friendly or a bit too aggressive at time. I can be level headed most times but I do have my rare moments where my patience for things deteriorates fast. Not to mention that my spelling sucks out loud. I hear you saying it doesn't. Well you haven't seen a lot of my posts before edits or spell checker. I cannot spell some words properly without a spell checker helping me, so that also holds as an issue that lessen my chances.

Oh, i indeed would be. I also don't wish to be one, since then i would like i have some kind of job around here, eventhough i just want to have fun here.

Probably. I tend to wander in and out at will, so that kind of commitment would be difficult for me to stick to. I'll be, like, really, really into the forums for, like, the span of a month or two and then I won't show up for another 3 months. So, that, alone, would make me useless. Not to mention the fact that I have practically no filter on the internet, so I sometimes forget that not everything goes on a site like this. I'd probably end up not doing much of anything, thinking everything, basically, is okay. So, yeah, I wouldn't make a good mod. I'm not even a good mod on the stuff that I own. Yeah...

Definitely not and that sort of position is a hard one at that I would imagine so. I would not be able to dedicate enough time to even think about being one in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

Considering my disagreement with some of the site rules, tendency to disagree with how those rules are enforced, dislike of the wonky points system, the unlikeliness that I'd be a "team player," my past run-ins with members of staff, my general distrust for authority figures, and my reliance upon my own moral compass...

I'd probably be a GREAT moderator! xD

• Brohoof 2

I don't think I'd make a good mod. I don't have good interpersonal skills...

I would probably make a bad moderator, not saying that I would not take my job seriously and not saying that I lack judgement, but I don't know a lot about computers and I think it is required for a moderator to know something about programming  :unsure:

I would probably be a moderator that would make sure that the rules are followed, but I would still be asking other moderators for their opinion, since I could not pass a judgement completely on my own :T. 

As far as I know, the mods don't have to do technical work; that's the job of the system administrator.

I don't think I would. In fact I could probably the best one ever, and attract many new members and make the forums better than ever.

Ohai Artemis, did not see you up there. You are looking lovely tonight. ;)

(I know, that was really lame)

Anyways, on a serious note, I honestly think I would make a good mod really. With specific instructions on what to monitor and all. I am good with being sympathetic I think and I could probably deal well with someone that might be causing trouble or someone that may need a word in general. Plus I am very active and lurky, which a keen eye is need for such a position. :3

• Brohoof 1

I would be the absolute worst.

Just give free coffee to everyone and well you'd be the best mod in my opinion  mlp-dehappy.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've never been in a staff position. (Not on a forum anyway) But I don't really want to honestly. I'm one of those people who just does the best I can to do the right thing when it's necessary. I'm not looking to moderate but more or less be one who just helps when I feel the need to. I don't want to do it as a job. It's a personal thing.

I don't believe I would be a good nor would I be a bad moderator. I am flawed but I'm also a hard worker.

Edited by Felix
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think I would. In fact I could probably the best one ever, and attract many new members and make the forums better than ever.

Ohai Artemis, did not see you up there. You are looking lovely tonight. ;)

(I know, that was really lame)

Anyways, on a serious note, I honestly think I would make a good mod really. With specific instructions on what to monitor and all. I am good with being sympathetic I think and I could probably deal well with someone that might be causing trouble or someone that may need a word in general. Plus I am very active and lurky, which a keen eye is need for such a position. :3

Yeah dude i was suprised to disciver that you are not a moderator. I see you all around the site and you seem very capable of such position. Tell the administartors i nominate you. Idc if thats not how it works i still nominate you

• Brohoof 1

I would make a horrible moderator. I don't like telling people things that they already know or trying to "fix" somebody's interpersonal problems.