Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Windows XP...how will you remember it?

BrilliantVenture

I will miss it. It was a great OS, I only wish that any OS since was so great. It was so simple. I didn't need the "geezer geek" that lives in my house to figure out everything. XP was just so great and nostalgic, it had a similar effect on me as the GameCube.

It will be missed. By not only me.

RIP XP

2001-2014

Dear lord Windows XP was my best friend

and then

and THEN

my computer died

AND I HAD TO GET WINDOWS 8

-sob-  :(

but windows 8 ain't that bad.

I like 8.1 because THEY ADDED A START BUTTON TO THE DESKTOP

THANK YOU, IT SO EASY NOW WITH THE START BUTTON ON THE DESKTOP!

But I don't really care since I still use a windows xp along with my windows 8.

• Brohoof 1

I simply won't remember it. I haven't used it in five years and didn't ever feel like I lost a single thing going to Windows 7.

Windows was especially awesome considering its time - and it's sad to see support dropped, but I understand that it's for the best. :)

Btw, the XP UI was called the Lunar theme, if you weren't aware. ;)

Windows XP will be remembered for being the first version to marry both business and consumer years. In the years prior to XP there used to be two branches: Windows 9x (MS-DOS based) and Windows NT/2000 (NT-based). Needless to say Windows NT was great technology in the first few years, but since 1996 Microsoft made some stupid decisions that undermined its awesomeness (e.g they removed the requirement for root permissions to alter core system files!!!).

If you're running Windows 8, or 8.1, you're running a kernel that is in much better health than it has been in for a very long time. If you're running Mac OSX (BSD-based) or a Linux-based OS then that is even better, these kernels are still far more secure than NT.

• Brohoof 1

ONE GOOD THING I REMEMBER ABOUT XP, IS THE PINBALL GAME.

I love Windows XP's Pinball game, I even racked up 10,000,000 points in that game. I even got it on my laptop with Windows 8.1 by downloading it on there. But I do miss the good old days of MS Sam...

I love Windows XP's Pinball game, I even racked up 10,000,000 points in that game. I even got it on my laptop with Windows 8.1 by downloading it on there. But I do miss the good old days of MS Sam...

Speakonia is your best friend.

• Brohoof 2

That pinball game was originally standalone software called 'Space Cadet', which Microsoft licensed and included on Microsoft Plus! for 95 and 98. It was then included in ME and XP.
  • Brohoof 1

I’ve been using 7 for ages now: but I used XP for ages, in fact I got a new PC with Vista on it and hated it and downgraded to XP again.

I will always have fond memories of having XP, I always like the start bar in the green and blue, with the more bubbly shaped start button and the fancies Microsoft logo compared to the grey 95/98/ME.

And it worked pretty good and everyone seemed to use it :)

I like the sounds of the windows XP and on the old MSN that have been replaced with Skype nowadays. The remixes was a fun part of them. Nowadays there is no melodies like on win XP.