Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are American sports so boring?

Rarity Paige Belle

Dude, how can you find watching football (real football, not soccer) boring? It's America's blood sport. I guess all sports are better enjoyed with a sufficient amount of beer coursing through your veins though.

Soccer. Already did. It's a bunch of pansies running around that lie on the ground and cry whenever they skin a knee.

If American footballer's are so tough, why wear all that protection?

Because if they didn't, then they'd be braining each other and it would cost too much for the players to keep playing. It's still possible to get injured through the pads, though. And believe it or not, the pads aren't that expansive. It's basically shoulder pads, a helmet, and a cup. That's it.

And another sport that's mostly American, MMA fighting and/or boxing. Barely any, if any, pads there, and it's a real blood sport. The participants actually need a guy in their corner to patch up their faces between rounds so blood doesn't get in their eyes.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Do you see how many players get concussions WITHOUT their equipment?

It's a very violent sport. I have a chronic knee injury that was agitated by American Football.

Rugby gets about as aggressive as them and their best form of protection a wool undershirt, I'll give them that.

They just don't give a f*ck.

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 1

Well a sport that is really exciting and is gaining a lot of popularity in the states and was created by Native Americans is Lacrosse. Lacrosse has contact, high scoring, and is interesting to watch, I'd give it a gander if I was you. Side note: I would suggest watching Men's lacrosse it has different rules than Women's and is much more exciting. 

Because sports are a waste of the government's money, IMO.  :okiedokielokie:  I find sports dreadfully boring, I hate it when someone bring up sports, and the whole room stops to contribute their opinion, and I'm just like STFU. :angry:

>Government's money

You do realize that they are all privately funded right? The NFL isn't a government organization. The MLB isn't a government organization. They are owned by a small group of rich people who poured enough money in it to get it going, and that's not even considering how much it is for the individual teams, which are all privately owned as well.

• Brohoof 2

Because personal taste :D

Just because you don't find them interesting doesn't make them boring in general, nor does my interest in them make them something everyone can enjoy :D

I love watching baseball :D I go to a couple of Rangers games every year, and I watch nearly every game they play on TV :D Does that make them interesting? No, it just means I enjoy it :umad:

• Brohoof 2