Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Single Airtime Single Season: FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

Flim-Flam Brothers hassle their way past Goldie Delicious' cats 18-8.

Colgate teaches King Sombra how to brush 17-9.

Mrs. Cake and Mane-iac can't decided between cakes and tentacles with a 13-13 draw.

Mr. Cake shows Trenderhoof how it's done with a 18-8 win.

Don't worry participants! These are just warm up matches! More friendlies to come in the next few minutes!

• Brohoof 1

The only votes I placed in the current round that mean much to me went to Sunset Shimmer and Lightning Dust.  They're some fairly solid characters who I feel deserve to win over their given opponents (although Cheese Sandwich is very good for a one time appearance pony too). 

And while I didn't expect Suri Polomare to beat Pipsqueak it was painful to see the way she got pommelled (bad pun, I know). 

Garble

Steven Magnet

Diamond Dogs

Babs Seed

Who is Steven Magnet?  In case you don't know, he's the river dragon in the series pilot who lost half of his mustache to Nightmare Moon.  :)

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 1

What the buck, really?  Steven Magnet's losing to King Sombra???  BUT HE'S SO FABULOUS!!!  :(   Seriously, I don't care if King Sombra was a major villain with a crystal fetish, Steven Magnet's 2 minutes of screentime were simply GLORIOUS!!!  B)

so-true.jpg

And let's see, what else... really, the Diamond Dogs are losing to Fancy Pants?  :okiedokielokie:   Look, I love Fancy, I do, but (1) he's actually shown up in more than one episode, so really shouldn't qualify for this tourney (even if the other appearances were non-speaking roles), (2) the Diamond Dogs are a Gollum reference, and (3) they showed up in one of the funniest episodes of Season 1!

476168__safe_rarity_meme_edit_diamond+do

And finally, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that Babs Seed is losing (unfairly) to Maud Pie, seeing as Maud has a lot of Season 4 momentum driving her right now (not to mention that people seem to love her for some strange reason which I cannot comprehend  >_>).

Man, can't believe the only one that I picked who's winning is Ahuizotl!  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

It's a little early on, but Fancy Pants and Diamond Dogs are pretty close... I'm pretty surprised considering the poor showing the Diamond Dogs gave at the MLPF World Cup qualifying.

I'm actually surprised that the Diamond Dogs aren't doing better.  The Dog and Pony Show episode is rather popular in the fandom.  Personally, I think the only episode worse than it is Dragon Quest, the one with Garble in it.  Otherwise, this is how I imagined it would be.

If Maud, Cheese, and/or Coco end up facing each other, it will be a very fierce battle indeed.

Edited by StarSwirlTheBearded
  • Brohoof 1

Voted for Trenderhoof, Cranky, Coco, and Fleur.  Not like I have any strong feels for them though.

I wanna see flash vs king sombra for the final for some reason

The final will be Coco Pommel vs Cheese Sandwich, with Coco annihilating Cheese.  We'll probably get to see Coco vs Maud Pie (Maud FTW) in the semis, which will be absolutely brutal.  The other semifinal will probably be Cheese vs Flash Sentry, which could be harsh as well.  Sombra will narrowly be defeated by Maud in the second round.

Unless, of course, I'm understanding this wrong.

• Brohoof 1

Just to let you guys know... this, along with the World Cup, will be the only time I ever host an event like this. Even if I did host it again, I would not do so for the next 4 years.

Just to let you guys know... this, along with the World Cup, will be the only time I ever host an event like this. Even if I did host it again, I would not do so for the next 4 years.

Well even If you don't do this again, I'm sure that we can band together as Bronies, and Pegasisters to pull it off again!

Well even If you don't do this again, I'm sure that we can band together as Bronies, and Pegasisters to pull it off again!

Well most of it's because the World Cup is only hosted once every four years :P

• Brohoof 1

Today's matchup features the debut of our favourite Breezie :3, Applejack' cousin, the comic villain with tentacles, a minotaur, and Twilight's crush...

Let's hope that stirs things up a bit. They'll start at 5:00 pm EST!

My votes for today?

Peachbottom

Cranky

Coco Pommel

Gilda

Gilda is a great antagonist who almost drove a wedge between Pinkie and Rainbow Dash. Fleur Dis Lee is cool, but nearly splitting up two members of the Mane 6 is a more noteworthy achievement in my book. :)

Today's matchup features the debut of our favourite Breezie :3, Applejack' cousin, the comic villain with tentacles, a minotaur, and Twilight's crush... Let's hope that stirs things up a bit. They'll start at 5:00 pm

Looking forward to it!  :D

• Brohoof 1

Woo! Gilda is actually doing better than 25% of the vote. I think she's awesome but I know a lot of people don't like her. I didn't even expect her to do this well, she deserves so much more love.

post-21236-0-46654400-1398025531_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1