Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Methinks I'm getting better at this.

GaleFenrir

So, I think I may, in fact, be seeing improvement in my artistic skills over time. I dunno, though, it might just be my imagination.

So, this is my most recent effort at digital pony-art. I tried drawing my OC Curious with an expression besides 'yay I am happy!'. This is also my second piece where I have actually used vectors to make the lines(the first being my sandshrew picture).

So, what do you think? Both in terms of the expression and in the technical proficiency?

for points of reference, here are some of my older pieces:

• Brohoof 7

I think you are!! :D The shading difference between the new one and the older portrait of Curious is awesome! :D Yes, you are definitely improving! (Methinks. :))

Edited by yayayayayala

Teach me your art master.  :muffins:

Anyway, really nice. Do you use a touch screen or a mouse? And what program do you use? 

I have a small wacom tablet that I use. It's useful for the initial sketching and shading. If you have a scanner(as I know you do not have a drawing tablet), sketching on paper is also viable.

The program I use is a lightweight program called Comicado that I got off Steam. It's not quite as fancy as Photoshop but it suits my needs.

I have a small wacom tablet that I use. It's useful for the initial sketching and shading. If you have a scanner(as I know you do not have a drawing tablet), sketching on paper is also viable.

The program I use is a lightweight program called Comicado that I got off Steam. It's not quite as fancy as Photoshop but it suits my needs.

Good thing I have a scanner then. So how does that program overall work and what do you do? When I mean ''teach me your art'' I mean teach me your art. XD

Good thing I have a scanner then. So how does that program overall work and what do you do? When I mean ''teach me your art'' I mean teach me your art. XD

Well, I would only recommend comicado to someone who uses a tablet. The main feature I like about it that a program like Photoshop or GIMP does not have is a virtual mannequin that you can place and pose on the board to use as reference. So, practically useless if you're drawing out on paper.

You can PM me about more general advice on digital art, I'd rather not clutter this thread with such.

In terms of colour and leineart it's pretty good.

There are some hiccups in terms of aatomy though:

-the neck is a bit short and too thick where it meets the head

-the wing sits a bit high

-the right eye seems to pop a little

Also, maybe get rid of the dividing lines within the hair; the mustard coloured strand seems a bit detached from the rest of the mane.