Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opposite Gender Pet Peeves

Adorkable

Okay regarding the toilet thing. Both genders whether male, female, or trans should remember to put the toilet seat to respected positions regardless of gender. End of story.

WUSS, PICK A SIDE.

jk :lol:

It'll mostly come down to the people. It was pounded into me to put the seat down and ultimately I make a fuss even though I still do it just for the sake of making a fuss. Though I do still stand by what I said on some level... :P

• Brohoof 2

I don't have a pet peeve with any gender, but rather with the fact that people think they can have a pet peeve with a specific gender. Gender doesn't determine personality.

EDIT:

One thing I really dislike about both genders is when they say something like "oh, you wouldn't understand because you are a guy/girl."

Edited by I-Iz-A-Person
  • Brohoof 2

I don't have a pet peeve with any gender, but rather with the fact that people think they can have a pet peeve with a specific gender. Gender doesn't determine personality.

It just means a pet peeve you have with certain habits you've noticed more commonly in the other gender.

Men and Women are equals, but we are not wired quite the same. Certain things are more common for one gender or the other.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think anyone's saying it does. I think most people understand that we're mostly talking about common patterns whether it's a general thing associated with that gender or just with our personal and most frequent experiences with that gender.

I know what you're saying and all but in most cases, night time potty adventures aside, it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Conversely, though, assume a guy had to go the number two and had to check if the seat was down himself...maybe he still has to make that visual check but we do it just fine. Couldn't women do it? ;)

OMG! Don't go number two with the LID down!

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, I'm a guy and I've fallen into a toilet seat before. Men don't just use a toilet to pee in, sometimes we have to sit too.

You should probably just put it down.

Can't say I've ever fallen in myself but yeah, that's why it's not such a huge deal to put it down anyway. I just don't like the idea that women think we should be doing it solely for them to make up for the fact that they aren't used to having to check. If they got used to it, they wouldn't make such a huge fuss about it.

OMG! Don't go number two with the LID down!

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

I'll make and clean my own messes. For science.

Edit: That came across as more aggressive than I intended. Assume all rage that comes from me to be appended with an implied :lol:

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 2

I don't mind girls that are tomboys and like to play video games and what not but, I find it extremely annoying when they are tomboys just for the soul reason of getting attention from guys more than being an actual tomboy because its who they are.

I guess another thing would be drama and gossip. Now I know this does not specifically apply to girls nor does it apply to all girls but, I see many more catty and dramatic girls than I do guys. 

Something that annoys me on both ends are selfies. I don't know how girls feel about it but, when ever I see a due take a pic of himself in front of the mirror with his shirt off trying to flex all of his muscles; I instantly think of him to be dougch.

I also dont too much care for girls that take a huge amount of selfies and then proceed to say "OMG Im so ugly", when they'er clearly not. It just them fishing for attention....

• Brohoof 1

Can't say I've ever fallen in myself but yeah, that's why it's not such a huge deal to put it down anyway. I just don't like the idea that women think we should be doing it solely for them to make up for the fact that they aren't used to having to check. If they got used to it, they wouldn't make such a huge fuss about it.

DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

I'll make and clean my own messes. For science.

Edit: That came across as more aggressive than I intended. Assume all rage that comes from me to be appended with an implied :lol:

Today on Mythbusters...That would be worse than the episode a few years ago when Adam trapped his own flatulence!

• Brohoof 1

Also… I hate it when girls worry so much about their appearance. Seriously, I’ve seen a girl who said to her friend that she shaves her own arms. It’s sad to see that she isn’t aware that the hair on one’s arms grows faster when shaved. >_>

...I shave my arms. I don't care if it grows faster when I shave it; I could just shave it more often, then. My arms get hairy and it simply looks better to my eyes without it.

Some girls take this "BEAUTY IS SHALLOW Y U EVEN CAAAARE" attitude too, and I find it annoying. I mean, sure, if it ain't your cup of tea? I won't judge you. But think of Rarity, people. She appreciates fashion on much more than a level of merely following trends. She sees it as a canvas. That's what I'm thinking of when I'm shopping for clothes.

----------

With that off my chest, some of the posturing with immature boys...  :okiedokielokie: Trying not to care doesn't make you cool, it just sucks sincerity from everyone else and makes you look like a tool. There, it's a rhyme. Get it in your heads guys!

• Brohoof 4

...I shave my arms. I don't care if it grows faster when I shave it; I could just shave it more often, then. My arms get hairy and it simply looks better to my eyes without it.

Some girls take this "BEAUTY IS SHALLOW Y U EVEN CAAAARE" attitude too, and I find it annoying. I mean, sure, if it ain't your cup of tea? I won't judge you. But think of Rarity, people. She appreciates fashion on much more than a level of merely following trends. She sees it as a canvas. That's what I'm thinking of when I'm shopping for clothes.

Definitely agree with this. Not everyone cares about looks and beauty but it's not wrong if you do. Vanity is good for you.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, but I do check. And I'll still make a fuss about it.

I hate it when I use the unisex bathroom at work and some guy left the seat up, because then I actually have to touch the seat. >.>

Like seriously, is it not common sense to leave it in the default position of seat down? No matter how you slice it, that's the way people will being using it the most. lol.

I don't like when some girls obsess about if their hair is "messy" or if they didn't put on makeup. I really don't mind if you didn't put on makeup or if your hair isn't perfect. -_- It's nothing to cry over. It's what's inside that counts.

Also, I really don't like the ever-annoying selfie craze. You know, where every single picture of them has a filter and they take at least 25 selfies in under 5 minutes. I never understood why selfies are so popular. :okiedokielokie:

Oh, but I do check. And I'll still make a fuss about it.

I hate it when I use the unisex bathroom at work and some guy left the seat up, because then I actually have to touch the seat. >.>

Like seriously, is it not common sense to leave it in the default position of seat down? No matter how you slice it, that's the way people will being using it the most. lol.

Seems everyone's a bit fussy today. :lol:

But that's why I said that it doesn't make a huge deal is that it does get used in that way quite often by both.

lol gender stereotypes. I can't take these things seriously because there is no one thing that is 100% gender exclusive.

Of course not, but there are patterns. These are the things we talk about. Not necessarily stereotypes but sharing experiences of these patterns.

Men don't just use a toilet to pee in, sometimes we have to sit too.

*John Wayne voice* What kinda man sits to pee?

Okay, I'll join.

I hate how guys don't understand the want to get all dolled up and look pretty. I just don't understand why a girl can't want to have your opinion on an outfit or their makeup without getting a "It's the inside that counts" Yeah, no crap. I don't want to sit around watching you play your little video games, just as much as you don't want to go shopping. ._.

• Brohoof 6

I'm not being fussy! Quit stirring up trouble, goodness... :lol:

Sit down, shut up and be fussy like the rest of the cool kids. :okiedokielokie:

Okay, I'll join.

I hate how guys don't understand the want to get all dolled up and look pretty. I just don't understand why a girl can't want to have your opinion on an outfit or their makeup without getting a "It's the inside that counts" Yeah, no crap. I don't want to sit around watching you play your little video games, just as much as you don't want to go shopping. ._.

The inside counts as much as the outside. I call bullshit on anyone who says otherwise.

• Brohoof 5

I noticed several people mentioned in this thread: "it annoys me when people tell 'get back in the kitchen' jokes about girls". I don't really have a problem with jokes like this and here's why: The currently prevailing dogma is that men and women are totally interchangeable, aside from one issue (women can give birth to children). But any keen observer will note that this dogma is false. Men and women are different from each other, on average. Unfortunately, in the minds of some people, it's "misogynistic" to simply point out that men and women are different (why pointing out gender differences is never "misandric", I'll never know). And because men and women are different and have different interests, some division of labor becomes inevitable (100 to 0, in the case of childbearing). This is where alot of "gender stereotypes" originate. And maybe we shouldn't be shaming men or women for having different interests. Like women being interested in cooking and homemaking, for example.

There's a woman named Stephanie Smith, a reporter for the New York Post, who wants her boyfriend to propose to her. He agreed to, if she made him 300 sandwiches, three per week. So that's what she's currently doing. Some people were horrified by this story. But if a woman wants to make her man a sandwich, it doesn't mean she's "oppressed". It could just mean she wants to be a good and loving wife.

The inside counts as much as the outside. I call bullshit on anyone who says otherwise.

Yeah, I'd love to see a guy go for a super ugly girl with no hygiene just because she's nice to them.

Edited by Sapphire-Ashes
  • Brohoof 1