Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opposite Gender Pet Peeves

Adorkable

Girls:

When they act like a princess

When all they want is money from a guy

Guys:

Pull up your pants, why the hell don't you do this?

Acting tough

Both: When they assume their better than everyone else

• Brohoof 1

As a future girl (in the process of transitioning atm), I can safely say without a doubt, the following pet peeve is something I won't be doing:

That thing girls do where they dress like...well, kinda like sluts. super short skirt / booty shorts, midriff bearing shirt / top, etc

Now normally, that isn't really a bad thing, as I'm not one to judge people on how they're dressed...but what really makes me annoyed is the fact that they dress like that, then get all offended when you hit on them / think dirty about them. (I'm extremely shy and "vanilla" irl, so I've never hit on a girl before like that, but a friend comes complaining to me about it).

Like...really woman? Your "clothing language" is telling the men around you "hey, come touch this", but then you turn around and call men pervs / get super pissed off about it and/or do the whole "Oh I want a man that likes me for my personality, not my body" thing? WTF x3

If you want a man to simply TALK to you and become friends with you, dress normally, not like your working on a street corner.

• Brohoof 3

Well, technically, an opposite doesn't necessarily exist for my ID... :awwthanks:

But, I'll just do both sexes (since gender here seems an odd word choice to me).

Women:

• Dressing like $!_+s. Seriously, You do NOT need those short shorts, or these skimpy freaking spaghetti straps. It will only get you the wrong kind of attention, cringing glaces and guys who can't stop thinking about doing it. In other words, don't objectify YOURSELVES. :dry:
  • I'm sorry, but girls REALLY need to pay much more attention to their stink. Seriously, I rarely have an issue with male BO, but female BO is something altogether nastier and poorer maintained... Spraying a bunch of perfume on top of it ISN'T maintaining it.
  • Drama queens. Ugh. Seriously, why are women in general so obsessed with all of the bits of drama they can find in their lives?

Men:

• Stop leaving the toilet seat up... You know there's some of us who prefer to use the toilet SITTING DOWN? It's only courteous of you to you know, CONSIDER OTHER PEOPLE? And what about the people in this world who actually need to take a number 2? I'd REALLY think about how much you empathize with them since it seems like it's the GUYS who take the longest breaks in the bathroom taking 20 minutes just to do what? Take a $#+? Every day? I know from experience, that's a load of crock.
  • Shut up about the football. Nobody cares. I don't only mean football, I mean sports in general. Seriously, not everyone wants to talk about what sports you seem to be so obsessed with that it makes this sex seem like mostly a bunch of braindead zombies who only care about sports.
  • Stop trying to act tough. Do you think you fool anyone? Especially when you get offended by that one Gillette commercial where you somehow get the idea that they're being sexisr against men when they are in no way doing that? 
  • Stop trying to make these silly qualifications for yourselves for what it "takes to be a man." Seriously, I've had enough of it. All it takes to be a man... IS TO BE A MAN. That's it. No bear-wrestling, weird $#!+, or anything else. Just BEING one.
  • Oh I could go on about the things the members of my own sex do. But in summary, there's a lot of little somewhat irritating things most men do. Not being sexist or anything, but men have more than their fair share of things to fix compared to the opposite sex, speaking generally. :dry:
  • Brohoof 2

On 11/20/2019 at 6:24 AM, Lucky Bolt said:

Let's see....

When guys leave the toilet seat up....

When guys obsess over their video games and therefore don't pay their girlfriend enough attention. :nom:

When guys leave their room or a room an unorganized disaster. 

I could think of more but I sound like a nitpicky wife. :ButtercupLaugh:

All this, right to the last syllable. I also don’t like it when a guy suddenly changes his entire persona when he’s around his guy friends, like he’s not even the same person he is around me. Everyone should be who they are and not change to show off for others or to hide their true self.  

• Brohoof 1

One thing about males and females I absolutely dislike.
Males:
Using the restroom without flushing AND leaving "lemonade" on the bloody seat!
Like, look fellas, CLEAN THE FREAKING SEAT when you leave and FLUSH THE DARNED TOILET while you're at it!!! Fix that freaking aim and you wouldn't have to wipe the seat you ding dong! I'm aware some dudes can't aim and if you are one of them, as I've said earlier, WIPE THE FREAKING SEAT YOU MONGRELS!!!
Females:
Wearing booty shorts and tight clothes.
I understand that it's "fashionable" now-a-days but FOR CELESTIA'S SAKE STOP THAT!!! It's not attractive, it only invites unwelcome thoughts... AND DON'T YOU TELL ME YOU CAN'T HELP IT!!! Wear some PANTS or some more appropriate shorts for example, CARGO SHORTS! Like I swear to CELESTIA I don't want to have to see 1/4 OF YOUR CHEEK WHEN WALKING UP THE DARNED STAIRS!
As a bonus I'll include what I dislike about both.
Males AND Females (basically people in general):
Leaving their trash for others to pick it up.
Being in CP (Courtesy Patrol) picking up after someone is ANNOYING especially if there is a TRASH CAN RIGHT NEXT TO YOU!!! I know CP's duties involve cleaning up the campus trash but IF A TRASH CAN IS NEXT TO YOU, THROW YOUR ACCURSED TRASH AWAY!!! Oh, I've only scratched the surface on this one. People have actually THROWN trash in FRONT of me! You've the nerve to treat me like a maid? No, no... less than that. I'm human too! Not your own personal trash can you dolt! I'm perfectly willing to assist those in throwing trash away for someone if they ask or I offer to do so but I DO NOT advocate for laziness. That's why I think our campus is the TRASHIEST campuses in all of the district, very few care about cleanliness or the environment! 

But with all that said, have a good morning/afternoon/evening/night! 

10 hours ago, Olly said:

passive aggressiveness, entitlement, self-pity, hypocrisy, not saying things up front, manipulative behavior, shallowness, and fickleness. 

Actually the not saying things up front thing is true in general for modern society. I was reading an article about what military guys find MADDENING when they get out and one of the things was that in civilian life you HAVE to sugar coat things and cant be overly blunt with people like you are in the service. For instance you mess something up in civvy life its like "oh well, thats not the best thing to do but im sure you'll get it!" while in the military its like " YOU FUCKING IDIOT, go DO THIS ALL over again and stop being a dumbass!". Because most people in society will get highly offended if you put anything bluntly like that! HOWEVER, I will say working some blue collar jobs I have in the past people do tend to be blunt like that often times, however mostly cushy office jobs are filled with snowflakes and easily offended people in general!   

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Actually the not saying things up front thing is true in general for modern society. I was reading an article about what military guys find MADDENING when they get out and one of the things was that in civilian life you HAVE to sugar coat things and cant be overly blunt with people like you are in the service. For instance you mess something up in civvy life its like "oh well, thats not the best thing to do but im sure you'll get it!" while in the military its like " YOU FUCKING IDIOT, go DO THIS ALL over again and stop being a dumbass!". Because most people in society will get highly offended if you put anything bluntly like that! HOWEVER, I will say working some blue collar jobs I have in the past people do tend to be blunt like that often times, however mostly cushy office jobs are filled with snowflakes and easily offended people in general!   

Surely there's a fine line to be drawn between being too polite and insulting someone's intelligence just because they made a mistake. I mean, I think people are going to take offense to having their intelligence insulted because intelligence is something that is understood to be static and out of our control. So when you insult someone's intelligence of course it might hurt their self-esteem.

I'm very glad we don't live in a culture that has that militaristic mindset. That would be a hellish society. People are civic to each other for a reason.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Envy said:

Surely there's a fine line to be drawn between being too polite and insulting someone's intelligence just because they made a mistake. I mean, I think people are going to take offense to having their intelligence insulted because intelligence is something that is understood to be static and out of our control. So when you insult someone's intelligence of course it might hurt their self-esteem.

I'm very glad we don't live in a culture that has that militaristic mindset. That would be a hellish society. People are civic to each other for a reason.

I mean you can be civilly blunt! :mlp_wink:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Blivy said:

I mean you can be civilly blunt! :mlp_wink:

Civilly blunt is "I know you can do this better, you're not putting in the effort." not "You're an incompetent moron.". If someone is actually incompetent at something, they likely can't help that, so... That's not a good road to go down. People who could do better but aren't working their hardest because they think they can get away with it are the ones that deserve bluntness.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Envy said:

Civilly blunt is "I know you can do this better, you're not putting in the effort." not "You're an incompetent moron.". If someone is actually incompetent at something, they likely can't help that, so... That's not a good road to go down. People who could do better but aren't working their hardest because they think they can get away with it are the ones that deserve bluntness.

I mean I wasnt saying I agree with it completely, just saying how that article was kinda of an interesting read!  

• Brohoof 1

I think people in general are kinda annoying. I can't really think about anything that annoys me with the opposite gender. And being a male, I know all about the said things and why. However, right now, I am more annoyed about people in general for doing annoying things, or forgetting about obvious things, etc.

• Brohoof 5

I found it annoying how both gender majority women, would take upon the gender stereotypes just to gain some advantage or favors. Then later on bash about how the world is being stereotypical to them. 

Modern day feminism. People are forgetting that feminism is to create equality for women and as a whole. NOT empowering them.

Social media applying that in order to make women stand equal as the men, make them all brawn and no brain. I’m already found it annoying to see my own gender being a huge idiot using his fist instead of his brain, (which this also another a pet peeve media often do) I don’t need another gender to act the same. Also “women are better than men” vice versa insult joke in movies. I don’t understand why some writers find it hot and amusing when women seductively insulted men that women are better at this or that. I mean, how is gender differences got to do with being a better shooter? ( that’s just an example).

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, TBD said:

I found it annoying how both gender majority women, would take upon the gender stereotypes just to gain some advantage or favors. Then later on bash about how the world is being stereotypical to them. 

Modern day feminism. People are forgetting that feminism is to create equality for women and as a whole. NOT empowering them.

Social media applying that in order to make women stand equal as the men, make them all brawn and no brain. I’m already found it annoying to see my own gender being a huge idiot using his fist instead of his brain, (which this also another a pet peeve media often do) I don’t need another gender to act the same. Also “women are better than men” vice versa insult joke in movies. I don’t understand why some writers find it hot and amusing when women seductively insulted men that women are better at this or that. I mean, how is gender differences got to do with being a better shooter? ( that’s just an example).

Finally, someone that shares a view point of mine.

A lot of feminists (and other "Equality" groups) don't gun for being equal to men / others, its like they wanna be better then them. Like, they don't wanna stop at having the same paygrade as men, nope they gotta start pouring on the "oh I should get more time off then this guy because I'm a girl, and its sooo hard being a girl, [insert a bunch of BS things here]". Like okay, if you're pregnant or something, that's an actual excuse to be treated a little better (provided you're not an asshole about it); but besides that, no excuses.

This is why the world has so many conflicts: people can't just say "fuck it, good enough" when everyone's equal, they gotta have the other side of the table / argument practically in chains before them.

17 minutes ago, fare67t said:

This is why the world has so many conflicts: people can't just say "fuck it, good enough" when everyone's equal, they gotta have the other side of the table / argument practically in chains before them.

Adding this to one of my pet peeve now about people. Complainer without appreciating or seeing the good changes that's right in front of them. Sure we can't get everything right 100% but at least its better than nothing.

4 minutes ago, Kings&Hooves14 said:

It's almost 2020, man. We really doin' this? :mlp_wat:

Some people just couldn't let the past die and still think one gender is better unfortunately. So we're just here to rant about these people who still think it the 19th century. 

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, TBD said:

Adding this to one of my pet peeve now about people. Complainer without appreciating or seeing the good changes that's right in front of them. Sure we can't get everything right 100% but at least its better than nothing.

uh...is that you agreeing with me, or...? x3

Just now, fare67t said:

uh...is that you agreeing with me, or...? x3

I'm agreeing with you since what you said it's true and it's also my pet peeve. xp

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

To be fair, not all girls do this but like literally not giving me a chance to get to know you. Mostly I believe as I was taught to be respectful towards women I am not assertive in a rude way towards any of them. Yet what that means is literally being completely out of their radar. So they date guys that are literally bullies and meanies to everyone, then they talk to me about how abusive they are and toxic I'm like okay why tell me that.

My dream would be like a cutie that's waiting until marriage like me, that wants a little house by the lake a little family and a garage. Who'd support my dreams and love me for who I am as I would do the same.

Girls: I can do anything a guy can do.

Insert pickle jar.... "honey" (batting eye lashes)

On another more gender roll note

Men are ment to work together with woman. Not be a woman (cough skinny jeans cough) this is true vise versa. 

I despise the concept of women being worshipped simply because they are female. The whole "Vagina/Boobs = Attention" problem. Happens especially so on the internet. Happens on these very forums quite a bit as well. No offense to females on that, it simply happens way more often to females than males. Being propped up because of what sexual parts you have. Irritates me. 

Men? Any who loudly rev up their vehicles purposely. Any of them that do such a thing can go to hell.

• Brohoof 3

57 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I despise the concept of women being worshipped simply because they are female. The whole "Vagina/Boobs = Attention" problem. Happens especially so on the internet. Happens on these very forums quite a bit as well. No offense to females on that, it simply happens way more often to females than males. Being propped up because of what sexual parts you have. Irritates me. 

Men? Any who loudly rev up their vehicles purposely. Any of them that do such a thing can go to hell.

Welp I'm going to hell then lol