Do you like Luna?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like Luna

• LUNA IS BEST PONY!
    • She's ok
    • I really dont care
    • SEND HER BACK TO THE MOON!

She's a good character.

But what makes her amazing is her interactions with the other characters.

Her dialogue with Fluttershy in Luna Eclipsed is so funny. :lol:

And in For Whom the Sweetie(...) or in Sleepless in Ponyville, I loved how she helped Sweetie Belle/Scootaloo.

And she has the best cutie mark ever.

Edited by Blobulle

Princess Luna is mysterious and has a lot of potential for more character development. It's because she is so mysterious that fans want to see more of her and figure out even more about her back story.

I find Luna to be overrated. Don't get me wrong, I like her, but I don't find her amazingly awesome.

It's one hell of a conspiracy theory. You see, ever since Luna was on the moon, she cast a spell on all who gazed at her in the nighttime sky. So when Bronies watched the first episode, they saw the moon and the spell was cast upon them, making them believe that Luna was best pony. Then when she came down to Equestria, of those who didn't gaze at the moon, but instead at Twi, she made those who didn't like her to love her. This is why we have most of everyone's profile pic or sig. to be a pic of Luna.

I'm getting tired of these threads. There is literally one for every pony

Why does everyone hate Applejack?

Why does everyone like Fluttershy?

Why does everyone hate Rainbow Dash?

Why does everyone like Rarity?

and so forth.

Just stop it.

I'm getting tired of these threads. There is literally one for every pony

Why does everyone hate Applejack?

Why does everyone like Fluttershy?

Why does everyone hate Rainbow Dash?

Why does everyone like Rarity?

and so forth.

Just stop it.

Welcome to the Internet: where the more you hate something, the more it will grow.

If you hate posts like this, don't post on them and bump them up to the top of the front page.

• Brohoof 1

I think she's an ok character, but I have a strong feeling that the vast majority of her fandom likes her just because she's "of the night", so it makes her "dark" and "edgy". Then add in the sympathetic backstory and you got yourself a character the masses will love!

• Brohoof 3

I think she's an ok character, but I have a strong feeling that the vast majority of her fandom likes her just because she's "of the night", so it makes her "dark" and "edgy". Then add in the sympathetic backstory and you got yourself a character the masses will love!

Someone hide this from Tim Burton.

He'll go apesh*t with Luna...

Because she's edgy, she nearly dethroned teh evul Trollestia, she rules the night, she got her ass kicked, and she's dark colored?

I honestly really don't mind her at all...until people started overhypping her as an excuse to bash Celestia. I hate overrating and underrating and so I now despise Luna(Trixie for the same reason)

483953__safe_twilight+sparkle_princess+l

• Brohoof 1

Wow I'm gone for a day and I get so many replies! Personally though I think Luna is OK, it seems like the fandom loves to expand on her in fanfiction and I really like her dream-walking ability. Though am I the only one who thinks there will be a Applebloom/Luna episode in season 5? Anyway I just like her as a character and has room for growth but may be a tad bit overrated (like a certain 'great and powerful' pony I know).

I didn't notice. :unsure:

I never stared at Princess Luna's flank. >_>

Get off my back! :okiedokielokie:

There's no need to stare at a pony's flank to tell what their cutie mark is, a simple glance can do the trick easily! ^^

• Brohoof 1

I honestly really don't mind her at all...until people started overhypping her as an excuse to bash Celestia. I hate overrating and underrating and so I now despise Luna(Trixie for the same reason)

So...you were a fan of the characters, until you disagreed with other fans of the characters?

No, it actually doesn't, Carrot Cake.

So...you were a fan of the characters, until you disagreed with other fans of the characters?

No, it actually doesn't, Carrot Cake.

It gets annoying when all you see is Luna being seen as morally superior and better than Celestia and no one points out that she was psychotic

She's 'aight

I think a fuckton of fans have a tendency to overhype the character to stupid high proportions. I can see how some might be attracted to the night or her mysteriousness but fans really blow it out of proportion

Also I found Luna Eclipse to be a seriously overrated episode, that really didn't do much for her imo(I'm probably one of the 3 people here who thinks this). I found Luna much more interesting in both Sleepless in Ponyville and For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils

• Brohoof 2

Also I found Luna Eclipse to be a seriously overrated episode, that really didn't do much for her imo(I'm probably one of the 3 people here who thinks this). I found Luna much more interesting in both Sleepless in Ponyville and For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils

I loved Luna Eclipsed: mostly because of Pinkie Pie though. It was the first episode I ever saw too.

I agree with pretty much everything else you said though.

At first I didn't really like Luna because what we knew about her was minimal and then Luna Eclipsed, one of the most fandering episodes of the series (not THE most, that goes to Magic Duel and my vehement dislike of that episode) which does not do much to expand on her character.

What made her grow on me was the fanworks around her. The music, the fan made mythos of how Nightmare Moon came about and how Celestia dealt with the hardest decision in her life. That's what got me to like her a bit more.

Still doesn't change the fact I like Cadance the best.

• 4 years later...
(edited)

I do really love Luna very much (she's my waifu). Here are the reasons why I love her so much:

1.  She is the most beautiful character I have ever seen. I am deeply attracted to her :please:

2. I take great sympathy and empathy in her deep emotional pain.

3. I can really relate to her: She likes different things like I do. She is a pony who is treated like an introvert or a background person like me. She has a hard time relating with ponies other than herself or her close family and friends, also like me. She also is someone who keeps to herself and does her own thing, like me.

With all  things considered, I LOVE LUNA VERY MUCH!!! :):););) .   I would marry her if I could!

5b08a5cf0cd2c_lunasweddingdress.jpeg.378e272d51173700e0ac61634ffd9dc0.jpeg

Edited by Lunalover

(edited)

she's relatable 

than again our only other alicorn choices are Twilight (better pony, not better princess), Celestia (a goddess who got more development in the mini-series 'Fundamentals of magic' than she did in 7 season), merchandisable disney princess (sorry Cadence but it had to be said), and a baby

Luna comes off as the more realistic hero, think about it

when Sombra came back, Luna wanted to face him and save the ponies. Celestia on the other hand refused to let her for the sake of sending Twilight on a field trip, because a musical number and a lesson were totally worth risking a city's worth of ponies and were more effective than a pair of goddesses would have been. oh wait, make that two goddesses and a demigoddess.

also remember, Nightmare Moon from what we could tell was more of a Venom and Eddy Brock type deal. Luna wanted power and a spotlight, along with revenge. A symbiote, or Nightmare Moon offered her this. She took it, but she was betrayed and overpowered, being turned into a puppet rather than a partner.

The elements were kind of like the church bells from spider-man 3

Edited by kaiser5578

• 3 months later...

She was a former bad ass and i find Woona really cute. Right now she doesn't show up thats often as Celestia, so I don't know  the writers don't know how else to use her besides her roll as a children's dreamcatcher, and maybe that one episode where where she had argument with Celestia.

Edited by R.D.Dash