Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Judging a Book By it's Cover

_Kurtis

Do you ever judge an actual book by it's cover?

I admit, sometimes when I'm looking for a book I might put a book back with an unappealing cover, but not often. 

What about you?  :)

When I am browsing a library, I try to think illogically and pick the weirdest looking book.
Unfortunately, I am now a bibliophile thanks to this technique.

Gotta admit, I wouldn't have found the edge chronicles (amazing series) and Eregon (my favorite book in the whole wide world of ever) 

• Brohoof 1

Usually the books I read, I read because I heard about them from somewhere else. They're either recommended, or source material for something else I read .. so I rarely pick up a book knowing nothing about it. So the covers don't really tell me anything.

• Brohoof 1

I do sometimes, I always regret it as well. I put things that are actually quite good away and then come back to them later and regret not going to them sooner.

Examples:

• Equestria Girls
  • I refused to watch Doctor Who after Christoper Eccleston's season ended
  • I refused to watch Doctor Who after David Tennant's season's ended   

I finally got over the whole "I don't want a new doctor! The previous was the best!" syndrome. No clue why I was actually like that at all. I look back and think about how foolish I was. As for Equestria Girls, for some reason I just didn't regard it as something I would watch because for some reason it was like someone telling me to watch MLP:FiM all over again and I just couldn't comprehend human versions of the ponies. Was a great movie though. God I wish I didn't do things like this  :P . Hopefully I've learned my lesson with Equestria Girls. 

Edited by Scoots and Dash
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not sure. I think I do if I'm just browsing. If I find the cover of a book unappealing I think I'm more likely to overlook it. I usually know the book I want to get before I go to the library though so I don't really care about the cover in that case.

Edited by Jalaton
  • Brohoof 1

Even the weirdest looking book might hold the most interesting story.