Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you judge others?

I_wesley125

(edited)

I don't really judge people because: a ) it's not in my blood to judge anyone (though, I do analyze people A LOT when I'm talking to them just to see what kind of person she/he is); b ) I myself am not perfect. Also, I am quite forgiving, and even at times I can be blind. What I'm saying is that I tend to justify the actions a person takes, even if those actions aren't THAT good-natured, and I can quite easily ignore the negative sides of a person. Of course, I don't justify things like murder attempts, betrayals, abuses (as in rape/molestation), etc., but I'm deffinitelly more forgiving than your average person.... which is not a really good thing when you think about it.

Though, if a person is rude to mentally ill people/poor people/people in general or animals, then I judge then REALLY negatively.

Edited by Freckle
  • Brohoof 1

The shallow things:

I know this is terrible  and I'm trying to change this really.  But there's still stupid things I subconsciously judge others on.  Its not my fault, because I try to change it...

1.) Bronys who fit negative stereotypes.  (Basically the opposite of bronys who would otherwise appear completely normal in the outside world given that nobody knew about their belonging to the fandom)

2.)  Bisexual people.  (So sorry)  From a young age I was always taught that you were either straight or gay.  That's it.  So when people tell me they are both, it draws me an image of them in my mind like they're promiscuous and an "anything goes" type of person.

3.)  People who constantly misunderstand what I or others have to say.

The meaningful things:

1.) Honesty:  If someone masters lying in your face you should never respect them.

2.)  Self-Discipline:  I can only respect people who are able to recognize that their mind is the master of their body, and not the other way around.

3.)  Respect for others:  If someone respects others, no matter their differing opinions, I can respect them.

I don't really judge people because: a ) it's not in my blood to judge anyone (though, I do analyze people A LOT when I'm talking to them just to see what kind of person she/he is); b ) I myself am not perfect. Also, I am quite forgiving, and even at times I can be blind. What I'm saying is that I tend to justify the actions a person takes, even if those actions aren't THAT good-natured, and I can quite easily ignore the negative sides of a person. Of course, I don't justify things like murder attempts, betrayals, abuses (as in rape/molestation), etc., but I'm deffinitelly more forgiving than your average person.... which is not a really good thing when you think about it.

Though, if a person is rude to mentally ill people/poor people/people in general or animals, then I judge then REALLY negatively.

That's amazing, and quite what I'm trying to be like :3 Still have a lot of trouble getting over negative sides of some people though, esp. when angered a bit. Keep it on ;3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Judging is not evil. Because

a) it is pretty much natural

b ) we are affected by so many factors (experience, media, knowledge, stereotypes, folklore)

c) trying not to judge could be considered being dishonest

Also, we don't have to judge people only in a bad way. It works both ways.

Everyone is pointing out murders and stuff. Sometimes, I do justify crimes, because I think that we should look BEHIND the scenes, not just percieve the shallow picture.

So... how do I judge people? It all depends on the community background and a lot of factors... on a lot of them. I'll try to generalise the stuff..

On 5/15/2013 at 11:20 AM, John said:

Edited by Cocodrillo
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like to give the benefit of the doubt when meeting new people. Sometimes you just catch people on bad days. When trying to figure people out, I tend to look at a lot of details. Their clothes, how they speak, what words they use, their body language, tone of voice, and just watching them in a social gathering with strangers and friends.

I don't like judging people, but sometimes it can be your best defense mechanism.

Edited by Hayze

i THINK all kinds of things in my head, but i keep an even opinion over all peoples, i mean after all who hasn't seen bridle gossip amiright 

(edited)

It's kinda funny how so many want to avoid saying they "judge" people. Judge has such a negative ring to it, huh. 

Anyway, if we're talking about judging as in, forming an opinion about something or someone, as in "judging one's character", then I judge others using pretty much all the information I receive. That includes categories like how they dress all the way up to how they act; basically every facet of your being that I know of helps me draw conclusions about who you are. I'll try my best to make them sound judgments though.

Edited by MuteMutt
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't judge people to be bad unless they're mean to me, or are elitist.

I don't really like elitists because they are so full of themselves that ahhh! tongue.png

If people are mean to me then I'm usually quick to throw them into my *mean* pile, but I don't judge people to be bad unless they show it, and even then it takes time

Edited by AStone

I hate how people think they don't judge people. 

Everyone does it, no matter how much you try to deny it, it's not bad, we have to judge others, judge isn't negative, it goes for positives as well.

I judge people on their choices and pretty much how they treat others around them.

I have sometimes judged people on how they look, not proud of that, but i might as well admit it :3

• Brohoof 5

I hate how people think they don't judge people. 

Everyone does it, no matter how much you try to deny it, it's not bad, we have to judge others, judge isn't negative, it goes for positives as well.

I judge people on their choices and pretty much how they treat others around them.

I have sometimes judged people on how they look, not proud of that, but i might as well admit it :3

Yeah, this is exactly what I wanted to say. And of course I agree.

It's just like stereotypes - everyone gets the image of negative things, but it works both ways aswell.

Thanks for pointing it up!

I judge a person by their intentions, if they do good for others I will judge them as a good person, If they intend to harm others on purpose I will judge them negatively. I also judge people who are ignorant or obnoxious (whether they're nice or mean) I see ignorant and obnoxious people as an opportunity to make a better person out of them. I don't judge by looks, not even sub-consciously, I never judge by looks. 

I judge people somewhat by what they do, but most particularly by how they do it. 

if someone passes a test  that's good, but if they pass it by cheating then I probably wouldn't be friends with them.

• 10 years later...

When I first meet or come across certain people sometimes they’ll give me either a bad feeling or a strong feeling of dislike. If I don’t then something happens that shows me my bad gut feeling was right on these people. Nowadays if I get a bad gut feeling about somebody I just don’t even interact with them. If I have to then it’s bare minimum and fake pleasentries with my guard up. I trust my gut feeling since the times I haven’t have always proven to me that I should have listened. Certain behaviors, words, actions and body language cues are things I also look at when judging someone. Typically when I first meet someone though I know right off the bat if we’re going to hit it off or not.

My friend in Ohio will send me details on people and certain situations. Typically she tends to act or doesn’t depending on whatever response I give her. It’s come to light that she ended up dodging a lot of bullets even though she didn’t realize it at the time. Wouldn’t really call them friends but other goth or emo kids in high school would do the same thing. They’d come to me about other people and I’d tell them what I think based on what I was told. Some would act on it and some wouldn’t. Most of the time the ones that didn’t would come back and tell me they should have listened to what I said more because something happened. I get it. Sometimes we don’t want to see the giant red flag. Most of those are in regards to boyfriends, girlfriends, partners or people their interested in. If I think they’re an asshole I’m not going to sugar coat it. I always warn people about that beforehand. If my gut feeling about this guy you went on a date with is that he’s a scumbag that’s what I’m telling you. People say they love how real I am and then at the same time can’t handle when I’m real with them. I expect nothing but the same in return. 

• Brohoof 1

Mostly by the way people present themselves, how they act, things they say and how they say it.

People call me paranoid, or tell me I'm just being "shy" as if to discredit my concerns, which, yes, I admit I can be overly cautious at times, but more often than not when I get a bad feeling about someone, sooner or later my judgment turns out to be correct.

• Brohoof 2

I’m a quiet a judgmental guy which could also mean I could have good judgment on people I meet. I purely judge people by how they present themselves to me. I’m not asking much, but I expect people to come to me in very respectful and intellectual manner. The way you talk and the way you act. I’m might not be a social butterfly but I do expect “good vibe” from you and will be easily open up to you if I get that sense from you. If not, I will not give a second look at you and discard you completely. I may be a people pleaser but rarely have people pleases me.

• Brohoof 3

I’ll be honest, I’m very judgmental. I can usually get a decent feel for someone based on body language, how they talk, and how they react to certain things. A lot of it is just gut feeling though, some people just have off vibes to them for reasons you can’t directly explain.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on circumstance. First impressions are a big portion of it. Vibes and general aura. I can instantly tell whether or not I want to spend time with someone, and usually my gut feeling is always right. 

• Brohoof 1