Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you judge others?

I_wesley125

I usually hit a reset button for everyone every day unless they're consistently rude/annoying or have done something severe. I don't like to hold grudges.

(edited)

I try to judge people as little as possible but I do tend to judge people that are from my hometown more than anybody else and usually it's an evenly distributed prejudice based on their appearance.

If I see someone around my town, chances are I'll downright hate them before they even talk to me. I'll more than likely be nice to them up close, but I'll resent them from afar every chance I get until I get to know them.

If I get to know them and I still don't really like them, instead of being the jerk that I know I can be, I just accept the fact that we probably won't get along very well and I don't only avoid them, but I barely even acknowledge their existence.

When I travel I seem to be fine though, so I guess it's more of a grudge against my city than anything. In different places I tend to be a lot more lenient and laid back when meeting people for the first time.

Edited by Cloud-Kicker

I don't really judge people. I tend to respect everyone despite differences, looks, or even how others judge them. Only reason I may not like someone is they have either done something to me that made me dislike them, or if they're a bigot. I will never tolerate bigotry.

I attempt to not judge others until i have actually had some drawn out form of contact with them. I try to look over how they look and dress and talk, and focus more on their subject matter and what they do. Even if i don't particularly agree with what someone talks about or does though, i won't shut them off unless i think it could be potentially harmful to myself (or if they're causing harm to others. In those cases though if they are fine around me, i try to figure out why they act like that and possibly attempt to help if they need advice or something). So i guess it varies a bit.

How do I judge? With a gavel of course! :lol:

I usually don't judge people, but when I do I do so through observation of there words, actions and reactions.

If they're a co-worker or a classmate I simply observe them for about a week to see how they behave abd how they handle things. I judge them based on that. If out in the city I judge a person on how they talk to others or employees in stores and such.

I have a general rule of "All people are good at heart", until they do something that causes me to lose respect or distrust them.

• 11 months later...

I go off of how they present themselves to me. If he/she is acting nice, and not being a stubborn nobody than I'll just go off that. But, if they are being a complete butt, than I'll have the tendency to be quite judgmental towards them. I will not, however, just go around judging random people in a crowd if I do not know them.

I judge others only on how they are presented to me. It depends on if they have a good attitude and being very nice. Or they could have a nasty attitude and just be ignorant all the time but, they judge people on how they act. However, I don't judge people.

I usually make a judgement about how someone looks in a split second, but then tell myself to not be so judgmental and change how I think about the and give them a second chance in my mind.

I judge silently in my mind. I don't mean to hurt anypony!

I've been judged before and I hated it, I don't want other ponies feel that way...

I try not to judge people since i myself hate to be judged and with being a furry, a brony, and into other things I dont really have the right to judge others.  Although when i do judge people its based on there actions toward me and others like if you act like a jerk to people i will think your a jerk.

• Brohoof 1

I have a number of sub-conscious tests that I do regularly when judging new people.

1. Are they an attention whore? Do they constantly make noise and spout of random quotes in an attempt to be funny?

2. Do they treat me right, are they polite? Do the try to do the right thing?

3. Do they have a rude tone of voice, a perpetual frown, or just an overall bad attitude?

That's really all it takes. If I find out that you're religious I won't care until you start preaching but I will inevitably think a bit less of you.

Lol I find it funny how most people don't know the extent to which human beings judge things and other humans subconsciously. We judge people on how they look, what they wear, and what they say. It's completely natural and quite necessary, even now days.

I generally judge people on whether or not they are going to be a threat to me. That is my first priority. Not just like are they a stabby murderer threat, but I mean mentally or emotionally. I can usually tell the signs of someone who is going to drain you emotionally or take advantage of your weaknesses. 

It's really mean to say but I judge people a lot on how emotional they are. Crying really freaks me out, and I don't like people that whine unless it's rarely and for a good reason. I'm not a very polished person on a personal level, I swear and can be kind of rough and blunt. In order to avoid people's feelings by being stuck in a situation I'll be inclined to tell them to "suck it up", I judge them on how emotional they are and make a decision on whether or not I should spend more time with them.

I guess the last major thing I judge on is if they fit into a certain stereo type. If they fit in with that group because they're really trying to, that'll probably sour my judgement of them fast. I don't care if you fall into a stereo type but have good reasons for being there, but I draw the line at just doing something because it's cool. 

All that being said I genuinely try to like people for who they are and place a high value on forgiveness. I try to remind myself that just because I can make a certain judgement about how someone is today, doesn't mean they'll always be that way. Hell, I have more flaws than I can shake a stick at, so I really don't have a high horse to sit on.

• Brohoof 2