Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games you are looking forward to

Kurai

I'll never understand how the ending of a game could ruin the rest of an awesome game for people, and for some the entire franchise. It makes absolutely no sense to me. :lol:

Note: I have not played the ME series but have played other series' that people have said supposedly were ruined by the ending of one of the games. Star Ocean, for example. (This one made absolutely no sense to me. lol)

There you go, you haven't played ME.

It wasn't just the ending, it's the way Bioware.handheld it.

The ending was, according to a insider, rushed and scrapped together out of nothing due to EA's time constraints.

They specifically said "we won't give you an ABC ending" months before the game came out, and in a game series about arcing paths and personal choice, that's exactly what we got.

When fans started voicing their opinions on it, Bioware called us "whiners".

The absolute clusterf*ck that was the PR nightmare that followed cemented the dreaded fact that haunted ME gamers fir a while: Bioware doesn't care about it's fans and has truly become a subsidiary of EA.

Well, at least they did change it. That's kinda good, I guess..

Too little, too late.

In the interest of "artistic integrity", they lost a giant chunk of their fanbase.

There you go, you haven't played ME.

It wasn't just the ending, it's the way Bioware.handheld it.

The ending was, according to a insider, rushed and scrapped together out of nothing due to EA's time constraints.

They specifically said "we won't give you an ABC ending" months before the game came out, and in a game series about arcing paths and personal choice, that's exactly what we got.

When fans started voicing their opinions on it, Bioware called us "whiners".

The absolute clusterf*ck that was the PR nightmare that followed cemented the dreaded fact that haunted ME gamers fir a while: Bioware doesn't care about it's fans and has truly become a subsidiary of EA.

Too little, too late.

In the interest of "artistic integrity", they lost a giant chunk of their fanbase.

But you're still just talking about the last hour or two out of a game and series you've potentially played for hundreds of hours. You're gonna honestly tell me that because of one hour of something you didn't like you don't like everything else in the game because of it? That sounds extremely arbitrary to me.

(edited)

But you're still just talking about the last hour or two out of a game and series you've potentially played for hundreds of hours. You're gonna honestly tell me that because of one hour of something you didn't like you don't like everything else in the game because of it? That sounds extremely arbitrary to me.

No, worse: the last ten minutes.

In ten God damned minutes, a series that I've loved for 6 frickin' years was completely, irreversibly ruined.

Add to the fact that a lot of the staff (including the beloved founders) quit Bioware afterwards because they KNEW EAs intervention ruined the franchise completely, and its undeniable.

Just look at it.

In a series about choice, the f*cking endings are nearly identical.

Edited by Dattebayo

No, worse: the last ten minutes.

In ten God damned minutes, a series that I've loved for 6 frickin' years was completely, irreversibly ruined.

Add to the fact that a lot of the staff (including the beloved founders) quit Bioware afterwards because they KNEW EAs intervention ruined the franchise completely, and its undeniable.

Just look at it.

In a series about choice, the f*cking endings are nearly identical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA

So because a ten minute cutscene wasn't what you expected it to be all of the other things you loved about the game and series was ruined? I fucking hate that kind of logic. All of the mechanics, characters, stories, sidequests, worlds...all of that ruined because you didn't like a ten minute cutscene? I'm calling bullshit.

So because a ten minute cutscene wasn't what you expected it to be all of the other things you loved about the game and series was ruined? I fucking hate that kind of logic. All of the mechanics, characters, stories, sidequests, worlds...all of that ruined because you didn't like a ten minute cutscene? I'm calling bullshit.

Call all the bullsh*t you want, friend.

Every single f*cking choice you've ever made in the series, every species you allied with, all of the meaningful connections...it doesn't matter.

You know why? Because the ending disregards everything you've ever done.

The person who blasted through the game and had all of his friends killed and committed mass genocide will have the exact same ending as the dedicated player with%100 completion and a giant army consisting of a galaxy leaving their differences aside for the common good.

And that, my misunderstanding friend, is why the series is ruined.

Call all the bullsh*t you want, friend.

Every single f*cking choice you've ever made in the series, every species you allied with, all of the meaningful connections...it doesn't matter.

You know why? Because the ending disregards everything you've ever done.

The person who blasted through the game and had all of his friends killed and committed mass genocide will have the exact same ending as the dedicated player with%100 completion and a giant army consisting of a galaxy leaving their differences aside for the common good.

And that, my misunderstanding friend, is why the series is ruined.

Still makes no sense at all. Six years. SIX YEARS of love is trumped because you didn't get multiple endings? The ending they gave didn't satisfy you? 99% isn't good enough for you you need that last 1% for the series to be good? You've gotta be shitting me. All the amazing characters are suddenly horridly bad characters because the ending didn't take into account where they ended up in the story? All the amazing worlds you visit with all their beauty are suddenly ugly and bland because of a scene where everything ends up the same no matter what you've done?

You're telling me that all of the positive thoughts, all of the love you've poured into the franchise, all of the game mechanics you learned through and through, all of the characters you've come to love are all suddenly bad because of a single cutscene that didn't change the fate of the universe? How can you possibly live with yourself thinking like that? Where everything that was great about the game suddenly doesn't matter because of that ending? You are seriously going to tell me that there is nothing good about the series because the ending wasn't to your satisfaction? That it's not worth playing the series at all? That I should consider a previously rated 10/10 series is now suddenly a 0/10 BECAUSE OF A FUCKING TEN MINUTE CUTSCENE!?

Fuck you and fuck anyone who agrees with that sentiment.

(edited)

Still makes no sense at all. Six years. SIX YEARS of love is trumped because you didn't get multiple endings? The ending they gave didn't satisfy you? 99% isn't good enough for you you need that last 1% for the series to be good? You've gotta be shitting me. All the amazing characters are suddenly horridly bad characters because the ending didn't take into account where they ended up in the story? All the amazing worlds you visit with all their beauty are suddenly ugly and bland because of a scene where everything ends up the same no matter what you've done?

You're telling me that all of the positive thoughts, all of the love you've poured into the franchise, all of the game mechanics you learned through and through, all of the characters you've come to love are all suddenly bad because of a single cutscene that didn't change the fate of the universe? How can you possibly live with yourself thinking like that? Where everything that was great about the game suddenly doesn't matter because of that ending? You are seriously going to tell me that there is nothing good about the series because the ending wasn't to your satisfaction? That it's not worth playing the series at all? That I should consider a previously rated 10/10 series is now suddenly a 0/10 BECAUSE OF A FUCKING TEN MINUTE CUTSCENE!?

Fuck you and fuck anyone who agrees with that sentiment.

Oh, go smoke my pole.

You're not getting it, and its pretty amusing how it flew over your head so hard.

I love that world's. I like the story. I love the charActers. I love everything about the games.

Which is exactly why those 10 minutes are so critical. In those 10 minutes, it gets shoved in your face that everything you ever worked for doesn't matter. It's not because "it wasn't to my liking", you a$$.

Imagine...if in the series finale of FIM, in the last minute, everyone dies, and it goes to credits.

That's bullsh*t. Which is exactly what happened here (the only ways to travel from system to system systematically explode, stranding any races not killed by the ensuing supernova).

Edited by Dattebayo

Oh, go smoke my pole.

You're not getting it, and its pretty amusing how it flew over your head so hard.

I love that game. I love the charActers. I love everything about the games.

Which is exactly why those 10 minutes are so critical. In those 10 minutes, it gets shoved in your face that everything you ever worked for doesn't matter. It's not because "it wasn't to my liking", you a$$.

Imagine...if in the series finale of FIM, in the last minute, everyone dies, and it goes to credits.

That's bullsh*t. Which is exactly what happened here (the only ways to travel from system to system systematically explode, stranding any races not killed by the ensuing supernova).

I get it, you don't like the ending. You said that the series is dead to you. How can you turn your back on an entire series because of that one thing? I don't care if you liked the ending or not, my beef is with the notion that the entire series isn't worth it because of it. If you still love everything about the games then you have no reason not to still love them. I don't understand how not liking the ending of the series can make you think the series isn't good anymore.

I get it, you don't like the ending. You said that the series is dead to you. How can you turn your back on an entire series because of that one thing? I don't care if you liked the ending or not, my beef is with the notion that the entire series isn't worth it because of it. If you still love everything about the games then you have no reason not to still love them. I don't understand how not liking the ending of the series can make you think the series isn't good anymore.

Oh no no no no, the future of the series is dead.

The past games are still carved into my heart.

Oh no no no no, the future of the series is dead.

The past games are still carved into my heart.

Then I apologize for my outburst. That's the part I misunderstood. When someone says "the series is dead to me" that usually includes the past games in the series as well.

Plus there are people who think the rest of the series is suddenly bad because of it. It was my bad to assume that you were thinking the exact same way.

However I don't think you should totally discount all future entries in the series because of it either. They'll likely still have everything you loved about it.

(edited)

I'm looking forward to:

-Smash Bros U/Smash bros 3DS

-Mario Kart 8

-Watch Dogs Wii U

-Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)

-Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (I still have the original GBA versions) :)

Edited by Jamaican Jam

Then I apologize for my outburst. That's the part I misunderstood. When someone says "the series is dead to me" that usually includes the past games in the series as well.

Plus there are people who think the rest of the series is suddenly bad because of it. It was my bad to assume that you were thinking the exact same way.

However I don't think you should totally discount all future entries in the series because of it either. They'll likely still have everything you loved about it.

The founders are gone, the universe is bleak and destroyed beyond any meaningful repair, Bioware does t care about the fans, the endings don't make sense and didn't provide closure, and EA has expressed interest in making ME a yearly series to compete with CoD...

Basically....the future is looking bleak and soulless.

The founders are gone, the universe is bleak and destroyed beyond any meaningful repair, Bioware does t care about the fans, the endings don't make sense and didn't provide closure, and EA has expressed interest in making ME a yearly series to compete with CoD...

Basically....the future is looking bleak and soulless.

So then it'll be different. That's all it seems like to me. No reason to disregard potential future entries in the series though.

So then it'll be different. That's all it seems like to me. No reason to disregard potential future entries in the series though.

I don't think I know how to pant it perfectly...

Whats your favorite video game series?

I don't think I know how to pant it perfectly...

Whats your favorite video game series?

I have several favorites. It's really hard to pick any single favorite. There's thousands of games out there so I don't deign to restrict myself to any particular favorites.

I have several favorites. It's really hard to pick any single favorite. There's thousands of games out there so I don't deign to restrict myself to any particular favorites.

Trying to make it harder to get my point across, eh? x)

Well whatever, it's just how me and many other fans feel, especially with that smegma-brain Casey Hudson taking the helm.

Trying to make it harder to get my point across, eh? x)

Well whatever, it's just how me and many other fans feel, especially with that smegma-brain Casey Hudson taking the helm.

I find that many people equate difference with failure. Too many people get caught up in expecting the same thing out of a series and when they don't get that hate a game for it.

My point is that it doesn't matter if it changes or not or even how frequent it is, you should still give them a chance. There's nothing saying the series has to take place in the same universe or in chronological order so you could very well end up back in the places you do like.

The only things being yearly will likely affect is the length of the games and the chances of them reusing levels so they don't have to reprogram everything from the start.