Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorns?

Ayvid_Reader

Now, it does seem that being an alicorn means being royalty of ponies

Alicorns aren't born as or all destined to be royalty. "Journal of the Two sisters" direct quote.

"My Name is Celestia. Today, my sister, Luna, and I are to be crowned princesses of Equestria" (meaning they weren't born royalty)

"But I guess I shouldn't assume they will be amazing (adventures) because I've never been the princess of Pegasi, Unicorns, and Earth ponies before."

"First of all, I just want to say that I can't believe Luna and I are going to be princesses!" (implying they've NEVER been princesses before)

(Luna's entry) "See, when we (Luna and Celestia) ran and flew in the hills of Canterlot, we used to pretend we were princesses and talk in THE ROYAL WE, being all formal and haughty and stuff." (again, implying that since they used to play princesses, they were not yet princesses at the time)

there are no examples or references to alicorns who arn't royalty.

(Luna's "Journal of the Two Sisters" entry)

"Oh forget it. I was going to try and write in THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE , which Celestia and I learned when we were fillies." (this implies two things- that there were, in fact, alicorns before Luna and Celestia ,and that their tribe resided in Canterlot and had a royal ruling class that encouraged its citizens, whether royalty or not, to speak in the ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE)

Alicorns aren't born as or all destined to be royalty. "Journal of the Two sisters" direct quote.

I really need to get this book. I guess part of my theory is wrong.

"My Name is Celestia. Today, my sister, Luna, and I are to be crowned princesses of Equestria" (meaning they weren't born royalty)

Does it explain why they were selected to be princesses?

"First of all, I just want to say that I can't believe Luna and I are going to be princesses!" (implying they've NEVER been princesses before)

Are there any other Alicorns at this point? Who raised Celestia and Luna?

(Luna's "Journal of the Two Sisters" entry)

"Oh forget it. I was going to try and write in THE ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE , which Celestia and I learned when we were fillies." (this implies two things- that there were, in fact, alicorns before Luna and Celestia ,and that their tribe resided in Canterlot and had a royal ruling class that encouraged its citizens, whether royalty or not, to speak in the ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE)

Or, the entirety of the alicorn tribe was the royal tribe, she just wasn't a princess untill she was crowned one of Equestria. So there still is the possibility of Alicorns = Royalty, who perhaps ruled over the other tribes untill something happened that caused the Alicorns to almost entierly dissapear.

Edited by Zoraxe