Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you hate the " They only want to make money excuse"?

TheMarkz0ne

There is science in those fields. But this book is not that type of book.

Yeah, I learned that science is a police state and we cannot question anything, because science is always 100%right......Remind me why humans are suffering and these scientist have done a poor job at helping people....Something they're supposed to be doing.

Not gonna bite.  You and I have gone around this block before, and I find your ideas unworthy of further consideration.

Not gonna bite.  You and I have gone around this block before, and I find your ideas unworthy of further consideration.

I'm not the one one here insulting people. You just insinuated that I am stupid, because I am thinking outside the box. Also given the fact people attacked the guy for the soul fact he made money and they want a piece of that action. Also having read the book myself, you cannot explain his experience in physicality.

• Brohoof 1

It does irritate me when someone else attempts to explain an experience that only I have had, when they have so much less to work with. Yes, we all have the parts, (brain, lymph nodes, hormones, dopamine, etc) but not all of them are doing the same things in a synchronized way. I remember the neurologist on spoke on TED who had a stroke or something and decided to study herself. The vast majority of people who experience an NDE completely change, and considering its context if you're in-the-know, I'm not in the least surprised. It's like being handed the cheat sheets to your life. I peered into the void a few years ago and boy howdy did it peer back, and I am fairly certain that either I broke something in my life, or I am taking some sort of shortcut, because my life turned completely around in the most unusual but delightful ways.

It does irritate me when someone else attempts to explain an experience that only I have had, when they have so much less to work with. Yes, we all have the parts, (brain, lymph nodes, hormones, dopamine, etc) but not all of them are doing the same things in a synchronized way. I remember the neurologist on spoke on TED who had a stroke or something and decided to study herself. The vast majority of people who experience an NDE completely change, and considering its context if you're in-the-know, I'm not in the least surprised. It's like being handed the cheat sheets to your life. I peered into the void a few years ago and boy howdy did it peer back, and I am fairly certain that either I broke something in my life, or I am taking some sort of shortcut, because my life turned completely around in the most unusual but delightful ways.

Because the people who cross over to the other side, change their view on life. This is off topic, but you should look it up. Human beings actually emit what is a called a biophoton. It's in all living life. Yes it is confirmed by scientist(On the eastern side of course, you will not get progression in the declining west) Biophotons explain why people can see auras.

Light has also been confirmed to store information. The pentagon worked on storing information in light...hmmm......

http://www.techcyn.com/feature.php?id=f3

Without the biophotons emitting from your body, you wouldn't be living. Light leaves the body people talk about seeing light during passing. 

(edited)

There is science in those fields. But this book is not that type of book.

Could you elaborate more please? You mean like real scientific method applied to them? Excuse my skeptisism, but I have yet to see that.

Human beings actually emit what is a called a biophoton. It's in all living life. Yes it is confirmed by scientist(On the eastern side of course, you will not get progression in the declining west) Biophotons explain why people can see auras.

Look, a biophoton is indeed an observed phenomenon. A phenomenon that, like a lot of complicated biological proccesses, we don't fully understand. I'm pretty sure that the definition of biophotons is photons emitted by living organisms that isn't originated from heat. It isn't a very smart hypothesis to say that the origin of them is some 'metaphysical' mistery [i know you didn't actually gave them an explanation, but this is what I infere, excuse me if I'm wrong]. It is a somewhat more rational hypothesis to say that it's a residue from electromagnetic communications between cells, because we have some knowledge about electromagnetism.

Science isn't an ideology, it's a method. If you hear a scientist saying that they're 100% right no matter what is discovered/proofed next, he/she's not being scientific.

Edited by Hamp

(edited)

Could you elaborate more please? You mean like real scientific method applied to them? Excuse my skeptisism, but I have yet to see that.

Look, a biophoton is indeed an observed phenomenon. A phenomenon that, like a lot of complicated biological proccesses, we don't fully understand. I'm pretty sure that the definition of biophotons is photons emitted by living organisms that isn't originated from heat. It isn't a very smart hypothesis to say that the origin of them is some 'metaphysical' mistery [i know you didn't actually gave them an explanation, but this is what I infere, excuse me if I'm wrong]. It is a somewhat more rational hypothesis to say that it's a residue from electromagnetic communications between cells, because we have some knowledge about electromagnetism.

Science isn't an ideology, it's a method. If you hear a scientist saying that they're 100% right no matter what is discovered/proofed next, he/she's not being scientific.

Biophotons were known long ago by eastern "mysticism" It's just that western culture is ignorant and they think they have everything resolved. People should really be happy about something like this. Eben Alexander's book is not applicable to the scientific method alone. All of the NDEs have to be. People are to ignorant and brainwashed that religion=afterlife. That's not the case. Science is the new religion. You are not even allowed to question science in society today, that's a no no. I would respect our scientist if they pushed for healthier eating and promoting things that would increase the standard of living. They can't, because they serve the energy barons that fund their work. 

Biophotons prove metaphysics(I'm ready for people to disagree). If you google light storage, you will find that the military is using light to store information. I got off the phone today with a professional holistic healer who knows biophotonics, she told me that they store information in order for each cell to relay communications and actions. In other words, you are a light being whether you accept it or not. Your consciousness is light and your brain is simply a decryption tool for language and the your standard 5 senses.

I know it's a rash assertion, but I honestly do not care. I have denied what western science has offered for so called health and progression and I have done an amazing job. I know history and politics and know that all the scientific breakthroughs are being done in the eastern hemisphere and Britain and France barely contribute anything. Germany and Russia have made more biological, technological, geological and all the science under the sun progressions. It's simply the cycle of the western world falling apart.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

Biophotons were known long ago by eastern "mysticism" It's just that western culture is ignorant and they think they have everything resolved. People should really be happy about something like this. Eben Alexander's book is not applicable to the scientific method alone. All of the NDEs have to be. People are to ignorant and brainwashed that religion=afterlife. That's not the case. Science is the new religion. You are not even allowed to question science in society today, that's a no no. I would respect our scientist if they pushed for healthier eating and promoting things that would increase the standard of living. They can't, because they serve the energy barons that fund their work. 

Biophotons prove metaphysics(I'm ready for people to disagree). If you google light storage, you will find that the military is using light to store information. I got off the phone today with a professional holistic healer who knows biophotonics, she told me that they store information in order for each cell to relay communications and actions. In other words, you are a light being whether you accept it or not. Your consciousness is light and your brain is simply a decryption tool for language and the your standard 5 senses.

I know it's a rash assertion, but I honestly do not care. I have denied what western science has offered for so called health and progression and I have done an amazing job. I know history and politics and know that all the scientific breakthroughs are being done in the eastern hemisphere and Britain and France barely contribute anything. Germany and Russia have made more biological, technological, geological and all the science under the sun progressions. It's simply the cycle of the western world falling apart.

There's not such thing as 'western' science. Again, science is a method. [most] People respect science because of the simple reason that it works to explain and predict the world. Science has sent men to the moon (Newton's principles), orbits and coordinates satellites around the Earth (Einstein's relativity principle), makes electronic management of information possible (Electromagnetism and its quantum interactions), and much more, from medicine to weather predictions. I have yet to see religion, alchemy, etc. do those things in a clear and globally applicable way. People respect science because it's the only method that actually works in such way.

Saying that we're light because we biophotons may be a residue of the communication of our cells is like saying that a transistor is electricity. Not.

"I'm ready for people to disagree" is the weakest argument in history.

Look, I'm not fighting for recognition of being right or anything like that, I genuinely want you to understand why I think this way. I'm not making of this an eternal two-sides discussion; that's what the current american politics is for.

(edited)

There's not such thing as 'western' science. Again, science is a method. [most] People respect science because of the simple reason that it works to explain and predict the world. Science has sent men to the moon (Newton's principles), orbits and coordinates satellites around the Earth (Einstein's relativity principle), makes electronic management of information possible (Electromagnetism and its quantum interactions), and much more, from medicine to weather predictions. I have yet to see religion, alchemy, etc. do those things in a clear and globally applicable way. People respect science because it's the only method that actually works in such way.

Saying that we're light because we biophotons may be a residue of the communication of our cells is like saying that a transistor is electricity. Not.

"I'm ready for people to disagree" is the weakest argument in history.

Look, I'm not fighting for recognition of being right or anything like that, I genuinely want you to understand why I think this way. I'm not making of this an eternal two-sides discussion; that's what the current american politics is for.

There is eastern science. Because they're exceling with discoveries while the west is stuck in it mechanical mind set. Science is not a method, if you question fools like Dawkins or Hakwing, you might as well be shot in public numerous times. I watch science from the east and thei methods seem more advanced because they're healthy skeptics. Also I would look into Einstein, he never said black holes existed and we have been following his incorrect model for 80 years. Einstein stole from Henry Poincar'e, a french mathematician.

Please don't take offense. But I know you watch TJ Kirk(not even a scientist, just a neck bearded vlogger) and somehow he passes as someone to go to for empircism. I stopped watching him when I was 16 years old.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne

(edited)

There is eastern science. Because they're exceling with discoveries while the west is stuck in it mechanical mind set. Science is not a method, if you question fools like Dawkins or Hakwing, you might as well be shot in public numerous times. I watch science from the east and thei methods seem more advanced because they're healthy skeptics. Also I would look into Einstein, he never said black holes existed and we have been following his incorrect model for 80 years. Einstein stole from Henry Poincar'e, a french mathematician.

Please don't take offense. But I know you watch TJ Kirk(not even a scientist, just a neck bearded vlogger) and somehow he passes as someone to go to for empircism. I stopped watching him when I was 16 years old.

Hey, I think I understand what you mean. By definition, science is a method. But I agree, when it comes to practice, there's some odd social pyramid of reconigtion you must climb up before you are taken seriously as a scientist. Look, I am still a teenager, and my mind is filled with idealism because, let's be real, I haven't really applied any of my 'how it should be' thoughts on the real world yet. There's a little bit of a 'do not contradict' aspect on the scientific community, an I ain't any confortable with it neither.

Do not make precipitated assumptions just because of a profile picture, TJ is a vlogger that I enjoy watching because he brings up controversial topics I'm interested on a way I find hilarous. Not because of his science. I also found handy pony picture of him by chance.

I am actually somewhat interested on understandig what do you mean about 'eastern' science. I can't really say anything about it before I know and understand what it is. Could you give me some practical information I could use to learn more? (Links, videos, names, etc.)

Edited by Hamp

Hey, I think I understand what you mean. By definition, science is a method. But I agree, when it comes to practice, there's some odd social pyramid of reconigtion you must climb up before you are taken seriously as a scientist. Look, I am still a teenager, and my mind is filled with idealism because, let's be real, I haven't really applied any of my 'how it should be' thoughts on the real world yet. There's a little bit of a 'do not contradict' aspect on the scientific community, an I ain't any confortable with it neither.

Do not make precipitated assumptions just because of a profile picture, TJ is a vlogger that I enjoy watching because he brings up controversial topics I'm interested on a way I find hilarous. Not because of his science. I also found handy pony picture of him by chance.

I am actually somewhat interested on understandig what do you mean about 'eastern' science. I can't really say anything about it before I know and understand what it is. Could you give me some practical information I could use to learn more? (Links, videos, names, etc.)

Quick explanation, better than what I can say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsQokDa_ocM

A very scatterbrained thread: something I thought I should feel right at home in!

Wait, what's that? Haven't I left the other thread exactly because of appeals to credulity á la carte (i.e. Near Death Experiences, Conspiracy Theories etc.)

Maybe this is kind of an intrinstic property of these forums? Begad!

Hanyway, I don't mind posting this again. I have my own little secret pyramid of priorities, but a good step-into is always a pinch of "NDE is bullshit", because that's clearly what (part of) this thread is lacking:

(edited)

Science isn't just about knowing, it's about knowing that you know along with proof to confirm it without doubt.

For instance, anyone who's read about prime numbers will know that there are infinitely many of them.

How do you know for sure?

Because the website you read told you, right? Or because your middle school teacher told you. Well, if that's the case, then I'm glad they told you the truth; but appeal to authority isn't how science works.

It's easy to prove that there are infinitely many prime numbers, I could probably teach it to a bright 5th grader. Let's start by playing the devil's advocate by saying there are only finitely many prime numbers, and these lonely prime numbers are 2, 3, and 5. There's already proof existing that any prime number can be written as a product of one or more prime numbers, and that each number will have one unique prime factorization. Therefore, if we where to multiply 2 by 3 by 5 and get 30, and add 1, then we would get 31. 31 does not have 2, 3, or 5 as multiples, and none of these three prime numbers can be multiplied together in any way, shape, or form to get 31. To matter how many prime numbers you have, if there's only a finite amount of them, you would only have to multiply them all together, add or subtract by 1, and then presto! You just broke a huge part of number theory by violating one of the first theorems made for prime numbers, that any number can be written as a product of one or more prime numbers, and each number will have only one, completely unique prime factorization.

Since we've shown that having only finitely many prime numbers is capable of breaking an already proven theorem, we can reach the conclusion that there are infinitely many prime numbers.

Heh heh, that was a lot longer than I anticipated. :blush: Ah well, my point is, is that it's hard to deny good proof. The neurologist you talked about wasn't able to provide good proof, so many people chose not to believe him. Saying that he's only out to make money however, although likely, is just an equally unproven assumption.

In case you're willing to challenge my claim that his proof isn't good proof. Keep in mind that the subconsious does exist. A more logical explanation is that the neurologist has indeed heard of his diseased family members, but it was only a small mention that he quickly discerned and left in the back of his mind; and when he went through a traumatizing, life or death experience, his subconcious needed something to reassure him, such as, if he were to die, he would be reunited with loved ones.

Although, I will keep in mind that this is just a hypothesis. Like you said, we don't really know. Hey, at least I'm not saying that he's only out to make money!

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun

Economics is not man made. It's the name we give the study of how people manage limited resources.

He may have been referring to the current economic system that is in place. An analogy, referring to an electrical motor as opposed to electrical and mechanical engineering, physics and mathematics.

You have to admit that having an economic system that requires infinite growth to continue functioning on a finite planet is a very distilled form of insanity. One that people just seem to accept or ignore. If only economics was a study that actually applied the scientific method like physics, chemistry and biology. Maybe then we'd have an economic system that's actually a system and one that actually economizes.

But I digress...

Well, the author of that book made a lot of money because it told a lot of people what they wanted to hear. People flock to these things especially when their invested beliefs are at stake. 

He may have been referring to the current economic system that is in place. An analogy, referring to an electrical motor as opposed to electrical and mechanical engineering, physics and mathematics.

You have to admit that having an economic system that requires infinite growth to continue functioning on a finite planet is a very distilled form of insanity. One that people just seem to accept or ignore. If only economics was a study that actually applied the scientific method like physics, chemistry and biology. Maybe then we'd have an economic system that's actually a system and one that actually economizes.

But I digress...

Well, the author of that book made a lot of money because it told a lot of people what they wanted to hear. People flock to these things especially when their invested beliefs are at stake. 

The infinite growth thing is bollocks, to be succinct about it. Capitalism has much more to do with efficiency and utility than with growth. Growth is its beneficial, secondary consequence. And stagnation wouldn't cause collapse of that system, but a reallocation of existing resources to the remaining best means.

I'm not really in the mood to write about it today. Maybe you could look it up yourself if you want to read the bulk of what I would have said.

Why I agree that it an exaggeration, and that it is a term over-used, I do understand it's essential meaning, and I do think that it is a bit more relevant to the modern day world, if anything just because of the extensive and numerous ways media can branch out and reach people. The world of business has evolved dramatically, and sometimes it's understandable that a company needs to make decisions that will ensure more funds to allow them to exist, but I don't think it's done to the extreme that some people make it out to be. Many company's have proven that they are perfectly capable of putting heart and soul into something for the sake of appeasing consumers even if it doesn't always guarantee more money. And anyway, in the long run, appeasing followers and consumers with not much profit as a result can in fact lead into more profit in future due to a more dedicated and larger consumer following.

I understand why company's sometimes putting profit first, because its what they need to exist, but many certainly aren't the emotion-less machine monsters that a lot of people make them out to be.