Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Do you name your instruments? What are they called?

Reverie

Yeah they're around the price of a car... But it is going to be my career so it's an investment and Boho is my harp for life. It is rather frustrating though as unlike with guitars, where you can quite affordably build up a collection of high end instruments, with the harp you really have to save. It's annoying because I'd really love an electroacoustic as gigging and recording atm is a bloody nightmare. Micing up a harp and getting it to sound good isn't easy :/

Oh I do understand. Bassoons are also pretty expensive. The bassoon I have right now is valued at a little over $10,000, and it's labeled as a student model. The really nice ones cost up to four times as much.

Oh I do understand. Bassoons are also pretty expensive. The bassoon I have right now is valued at a little over $10,000, and it's labeled as a student model. The really nice ones cost up to four times as much.

Mmm, classical music is an expensive hobby/career path. A student harp will set you back about £10,000. Mine is valued at £23,000 which is pretty standard for an orchestral harp. Apart from the gold ones, they are truly hideous and cost around £50-100k.. I'm lusting after this one though but it's around 37k :( But it really is sex on 47 strings.Posted Image

It's annoying because I'd really love an electroacoustic as gigging and recording atm is a bloody nightmare. Micing up a harp and getting it to sound good isn't easy :/

Ain't it the truth! And you have to put it in the right room, and it has to be extremely quiet and on and on...

Harps have such rich and intricate harmonics, it's crazy. Physics...PSSSHHHH!

• Brohoof 1

I name a bunch of inanimate objects. My violin (which I am not very good at playing, still waiting for my brother to teach me) is named Lyra, after the pony. I also have a clipboard that I made by hand that I named Braeburn, also after the pony, and the apple. Then I call a bunch of my electronic stuff by the same name, IrkenFenrir, just cause.

I have three guitars, and of all them are called Lucy, after Elfen Lied xd But, each of them have a different last name: my acoustic is simply named Lucy-chan, my Michael Schenker V is Lucy Kurosawa (aster Sae Kurosawa from Fatal Frame II) and my Dean explorer is called Lucy Himuro (after Kirie Himuro, from the first Fatal Frame). Not really original, but whatever XD