Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Ponyville?

ggg-2

Yeah, just something that crossed my mind. Why did Celestia send Twilight to Ponyville specifically, instead of someplace else? And moreover, why do you think Ponyville was chosen to make the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration?

• Brohoof 1

Erm, because it's close to Canterlot ?

I have no idea actually. Maybe because it's a very friendly place with a small community. A good place to learn about the magic of Friendship.

To be honest, it had to be somewhere so why not Ponyville ?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, she sent her there because the celebration was there and as for why it was there, I assume various tows are taking turns as to where it is this and that year. Also she (Celestia) is omniscient, so she knew she would make the right friends there, no doubt.  ^_^

Or maybe it was just to solve the unemploement crisis, by making Twilly take the librarian position noone else wanted.

Edited by Jessper

@ 'Anci3ntArtiFact' That makes perfect sense! Not to mention, Celestia was the one who gifted the land that would become Ponyville to the Apples in the first place.

(edited)

Ponyville is where her FRIENDS are and lived.

So Princess Celestia put Twiliy's castle there.

She does not want twilight to be away from her friends

Like what she said in the last episode

"You are the Princess of Friendship, but what is a Princess of Friendship without her FRIENDS?"

Edited by Lyeco

many towns and cities in Equestria are honoured with hosting festivals where she will appear in person. Ponyville was chosen to host the festival that day (which is hosted in Canterlot in S4).

Celestia probably knew that would be the best place for her to make new freinds as each town in Equestria is known by the ponies who live there, she'd have had a harder time be befriending city ponies so quickly.

It also depends if Celestia knows how the EoH bearers are connected( wiih them all getting cutie marks at the same time) so perhaps she knew Twilight could find/attract the other bearers to her side.

• Brohoof 1

I'm guessing because it was a small town with lots of friendly ponies.  No hussle and bussle of city life to distract Twilight from making friends.

Yeah, just something that crossed my mind. Why did Celestia send Twilight to Ponyville specifically, instead of someplace else? And moreover, why do you think Ponyville was chosen to make the preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration?

I'm going to wing it and say that Ponyville is the "capital"-like location of Equestria. ^^

Most likely because:

1) It seems to be the best access point to all other significant areas in Equestria. A train ride can take you from Ponyville to both Canterlot, Rainbow Falls, and the Crystal Empire. A balloon ride takes you to Cloudsdale, and the Everfree forest is on Ponyville's doorstep. 

2) It seems to be an area with a seemingly equal amount of all different pony races. It seems to be a sort of 1:1:1 ratio of earth ponies, pegasuses, and unicorns, so I guess Celestia wanted Twilight to have a variety of different kinds of ponies as friends. It also seems to be a very friendly and community driven environment which is ideal for Twilight's studies into friendship. 

I think Celestia out of all would know if twilight would make friends there she is pretty much equestrias god. ;)

Or maybe ponyville won like the pony olympics and the town that wins would host the summer sun celebration.

She made a unicorn into a freaking alicorn so i think she just knows.

That is my theory B) #dealwithit

I don't think Celestia is omniscient even though she is a god, however she is thousands of years old and the wisest pony in Equestria, so she must certainly have had some foresight concerning the situation with Nightmare Moon and the Elements of Harmony. She sent Twilight to Ponyville because it's close to the Everfree Forest which is where the Tree of Harmony is, so it is a place that has a connection to the Elements, even if they weren't there at the time of Twilight's arrival. Even if Celestia was not yet aware of who Twilight's future friends and Element wielders were going to be, sending her to Ponyville was the best strategy in ensuring Twilight would meet up with five others who embody the Elements so that they could Defeat Nightmare Moon and free Princess Luna from her curse.

I also expect Celestia held the Summer Sun Celebration in Ponyville that year on purpose, in order to Lure Nightmare Moon into her "Twilight Trap".

Celestia was also grooming Twilight for her ascension to Princesshood since she was a filly and she probably already had Ponyville picked out as the town where the future Princess of Friendship would reside.