Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever played the MLP CCG?

Rarity Paige Belle

I've had to greatly restrain myself from getting into the cards... Just the other day I forced myself to not get 80 cards.. I don't know why my brain keep's trying to force me to get them, because I've never played any other card game in my life (not in the sense of Card-Fighting). I have looked into it though, and it does seem a little complex.

i never played it. i want to get into it but ive never bought the cards because theres no one i know that would play with me

so ill have to wait until they make a simulator online

Ikr, I've played a few games with my bro(he had the rainbow dash/rarity deck, and I had the twilight/applejack deck) and I was awesome, though I still have a little more learning to do about the new mechanics from Canterlot Nights.

Just yesterday my bro bought the luna/rainbow dash deck,while I bought the celestia/rarity deck, its really cool.

• Brohoof 1

i never played it. i want to get into it but ive never bought the cards because theres no one i know that would play with me

so ill have to wait until they make a simulator online

There is a fan made mod to tabletop simulator for this. http://www.nexusmods.com/tabletopsimulator/mods/47/?

Source gotten from http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/gaming-index.html

As for the games, no i have never played them. I barely know they exist and im not very likely to get them as there probably is neither tournaments nor players in any area near me.

• Brohoof 1

Gee a tournament sounds fun! I've never got a hold of any MLP cards before though!

I'm not so sure if I'd ever play it but it sounds alright!

I'd bet it's actually trickier than people think.

It is HARD!! I still haven't got the hang of it even though I spent 4 hours playing it!

Nope. I've owned a deck since the first week they were available for purchase, and I still haven't played a match yet. Luckily I'm going to a pony con this weekend that teaches people how to play it, and they'll also be having a mini-tournament. 

Ah! This is the topic I've been looking for~

I am LOVING the CCG right now. I play Pokemon TCG a lot (and I do a little bit of Magic) but omg, this game is actually really fun. Moreso than I thought it would be. Honestly, the booklet you get with the game is... really unhelpful (and confusing! Especially when two people with ADD are trying to learn from it) so my uncle and I used this tutorial to learn how to play.

Right now, I'm working on a pink/yellow deck because I can't get enough of critters and control-esque cards.

• Brohoof 1

I like card games. I feel like I'd be into the MLP one if I knew anyone around who played it, let alone knew any bronies around me.

Honestly, to those who are looking for places to play, you should all check out your local cardshop! I mean, I know that sounds obvious, but even if no one plays currently, you could run a "learn to play MLPCCG" thing and get probably 3 or 4 people who are curious (❁´▽`❁)

(edited)

daferjatit3qt3ioaasd

Edited by ,,,

I still have lots of things about the game that I still need to learn.

I have a little trouble with what to do when a card is (Pumped), it says to beneath a card, so im a little confusing about that.

Ans also many other things, hm...

(edited)

I still have lots of things about the game that I still need to learn.

I have a little trouble with what to do when a card is (Pumped), it says to beneath a card, so im a little confusing about that.

Ans also many other things, hm...

This is a decent explanation of Pumped cards! They're good for aggro-heavy decks. Think of it like... every card that goes under the Pumped card is a powerup, that will be used in whatever way the Reaction describes it.

Edited by Boo

Ok,thanks the tip.

Also do your resources/event cards go to an individual friend when u play it or do they go to all your friends?

And do they stay on the field even after the problem has been solved or do they go to the discard pile?

This is a decent explanation of Pumped cards! They're good for aggro-heavy decks. Think of it like... every card that goes under the Pumped card is a powerup, that will be used in whatever way the Reaction describes it.

At the tournament yesterday we all ignored the pump power because none of us had a clue what it was! We read the Canterlot nights rulebook, but it's very confusing!

Ok,thanks the tip.

Also do your resources/event cards go to an individual friend when u play it or do they go to all your friends?

And do they stay on the field even after the problem has been solved or do they go to the discard pile?

Resource cards go to an individual friend, and they stay on the field after the problems been solved!

At the tournament yesterday we all ignored the pump power because none of us had a clue what it was! We read the Canterlot nights rulebook, but it's very confusing!

Resource cards go to an individual friend, and they stay on the field after the problems been solved!

Ok cuz I thought that they do to the discard pile or something, so thanks for clearing that up

Wait didnt they have a staff member to help ya with the clarification of the rules and stuff?

Also where did u have the tournament at (a local card shop or a convention)?

Ok cuz I thought that they do to the discard pile or something, so thanks for clearing that up

Wait didnt they have a staff member to help ya with the clarification of the rules and stuff?

Also where did u have the tournament at (a local card shop or a convention)?

I'm from the UK and Canterlot Nights only came out yesterday! We were the first in the UK to play them!

I'm from the UK and Canterlot Nights only came out yesterday! We were the first in the UK to play them!

Wow thats cool, so what deck did u pick?

I have the Celestia/Rd deck, while my bro has the Luna/Rd deck, I haven't played him yet, but I'll play him today haha

Celestia/*Rarity

Luna/*Rainbow Dash

Wow thats cool, so what deck did u pick?

I have the Celestia/Rd deck, while my bro has the Luna/Rd deck, I haven't played him yet, but I'll play him today hahaCelestia/*Rarity

Luna/*Rainbow Dash

I bought the Celestia/Rarity deck!