Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever skipped an episode?

CastletonSnob

(edited)

Have you ever skipped an episode, whether because you had to go somewhere, or you just didn't like the premise?

Are there any episodes in Season 7 you plan to skip?

Edited by VG_Addict

(edited)

I skipped four entirely: Over a Barrel, Games Ponies Play, and two of the three EQG specials.

I skipped three partially: McColts, 28PL, and Mirror Magic.

Some I skipped, but came back later, including PPOV, Scare Master, and Top Bolt.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

(edited)

No, and I don't really see why I would. Even if it doesn't sound interesting, or other people say it's not good...What if I end up liking it? That's happened plenty of times before, with not just this show but others, where I've enjoyed an episode I thought sounded kinda dull, or one that was usually disliked by others. It's happened often enough that I've realized it's good to give every episode a shot.

Plus, I'm just the kind of person that would be nagged by my thoughts if I did this. "You missed an episode, you missed an episode, what have you done, you fool?" my brain would cry, and cry. Until I give in and watch in order to silence it. Might as well just watch them all anway, I can't even skip any on rewatches.

Edited by RareBase
  • Brohoof 3

No, because I wouldn't have even seen them if I did skip them, giving me no right to judge their quality. Some people skip because they don't like the title or sypnosis and I think that's dumb. Certainly there are episodes that I will never watch again but I would give them all a try because you never know. 

• Brohoof 4

If I'm going to be honest, I've skipped at least 20 or 30. This is because I'm not a huge fan of the show and just watch it occasionally. I also tend to find some episodes to be cringeworthy, since it is targeted at a very different audience then me and I usually only watch tv shows and movies based on war, the old west and things like that. I still do enjoy the show, but I wouldn't say it's my favourite and it is pretty hit or miss for me.

So far I have yet to, and as long as I blog about them I probably won't. At times I've felt like I'm wasting my time, like when I keep watching Applejack/Rarity episodes, but other times, a premise which I don't think I'll enjoy has surprised me. For instance, I didn't like Trixie at first, but I found her surprisingly entertaining in "Magic Duel." A more recent example is "A Royal Problem," which basically had the exact problems I expected it to but which delighted me nonetheless. Sometimes, this show surprises me, and because I want to form an opinion on every episode, I force myself to finish them when I start them. 

I skipped two episodes of 5 or 6, one was the ponies before the cart, and um, I forget the other. But I might end up watching them just because others said they were bad lol. I like to go against the brain a little because sometimes people are just incorrect. I still saw the totally legit recap for it tho <3

I said brain, I meant against the grain lol.

• Brohoof 1

Yes... kind of. Technically I skipped two and a half seasons, but I don't think that's quite what you were asking about. I stopped watching the show midway through season four and only recently got back into watching again. I've mostly caught up, but there are still a couple episodes from season four and six I never got around to watching. 

50 minutes ago, Silver Note said:

Aww, but it was hilarious! Is there a specific reason you don't want to see it?

28 Pranks Later sounded way too much like a retread of the Mysterious Mare Do Well, and I was still reeling in from the damage done from Newbie Dash so watching this episode would've been torture. So I decided to wait until the episode came out and see how people reacted

The episode turned out to be exactly what I hoped it wasn't gonna be, in some ways it happened to be worse, and being so close to ND I really just felt incredibly shitty, so I pretty much said "fuck off" and have avoided the episode like a plague

Yeeeeeaaaah, and people wonder why I have bad feelings towards season 6

• Brohoof 2

I have never intentionally skipped an episode. Only missed a couple episodes due to prior commitments on that particular Saturday. And even then I made sure to watch them fairly soon.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm planning on skipping "Disocordant Harmony" since that episode doesn't sound very interesting to me.

That's one of the best season 7 episodes in my opinion. :smug:

I skipped like the halve of season 5 and watched it when I had watched season 6. B)

• Brohoof 2

When I used to watch the show I skipped some Season 2 and 3 eps like, I still remember, Return of Harmony, CMC eps, Canterlot Wedding, and I stoppend watching the show at the end of S4 so I didnt watch the last 4 eps of that season

Nah, I'm not much of an episode skipper (if you don't count the EqG spinoff). I give every episode a chance no matter what, and if I do end up really disliking any episodes (and they are very few and far between, Ponyville Confidential and MMDW being two examples), I simply leave it at that and move on.

Depending on how the show's handled, it typically takes a lot to make me resent it and as such I've so far not skipped a single episode out of simply not wanting to see the episode in question for whatever reason. There are still quite a few episodes I haven't watched though, but more because they're older episodes that I can't be arsed to watch (i.e. I don't feel the need to) as opposed to not wanting to watch them at all.