Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to Equestria Girls becoming a spin off TV series?

Adorkable

Two Questions...

1. Would the voice actress/Song actress staff remain the same?

2. Will the animation remain the same?

If both answers are YES!, then I would watch this show religously just like I do another slightly related program..cough.

DUDE, it's all MLP! PERIOD! What are you people not seeing. Do you KNOW what MLP is? It is quite litterally every-single lesson your Mother SHOULD have taught you at a young age. Be nice to others, respect others, love others for there unique value, work hard at things, never give up, and know that a REAL friend will always be there for you and you should be there for them...THAT IS ALL THIS SHOW/MOVIE/GAME GENRE IS!

To have SUCH a beef over what form the Pony is in, if its human or freaking nine eyed martians, WHO CARES! The magical brew that is the writting, animation, and voice acting that is MLP:FIM is more powerful then anything currently in circulation. BUCK YA I WOULD SUPPORT A EQGIRLS SHOW!

• Brohoof 1

I'd Give It A Shot

post-2150-0-12756100-1381283903.jpg

I was one of those who raged that the first MLP movie to grace the big screen was an anthropomorphized high-school spin-off that had little to do with actual ponies. I'm not a fan of high-school stuff to begin with due to it being done to death in just about every medium (I'm looking at you, anime) and so nauseatingly formulaic by nature.

Lest I be unclear: I absolutely HATE the premise of Equestria Girls.

Yet when I finally watched it, I discovered, to my enduring horror, that I love the movie. Just as Friendship is Magic is the only "girl's cartoon" I can stand watching (sorry to all the good people who make the other shows, not your fault), I can't think of anyone else who could possibly get me to like a high school spin-off, let alone love it.

And yet they did, and made me an unequivocal Rebecca Shoichet fan in the process ("A Friend for Life", if you will).

So while my head tells me an Equestria Girls TV series should be a trainwreck, and that I wouldn't want it to eclipse or interfere with the solid gold standard of Friendship is Magic (do NOT come between me and my little ponies!), my heart tells me that if anyone could make it work, it's the absurdly talented people at Hasbro and DHX who have turned the Pony franchise into the phenomenal financial and cultural juggernaut it is today.

That said, I'm hoping this is all nothing more than hypothetical, because I would rather these joyfully overworked artists and producers focus on cranking out more seasons of FiM, maybe gift us with some actual pony-oriented pony movies, stay in Equestria and give us more "hooves on the ground", if you take my meaning.

But if they don't, I'll probably still love their work.

Dammit. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Equestria Girls pls go awai

I guess after the first wave of visceral disgust passes (an unavoidable reaction), I'd be left wondering why? Besides new toys I mean. My Little Pony is already relatable because of the characters and stories. I really *really* don't think it benefits from the "YOU'RE IN SCHOOL? THEY'RE IN SCHOOL! SEE WHAT YOU HAVE IN COMMON?" treatment of the material.

Besides, kids are lied to enough about how awesome High School is. They're going to get there and find out for themselves what a cesspool of borderline unendurable shit it is anyway. Leave the ponies out of it - I'm still mad at Zack and Screech.

Two Questions...

1. Would the voice actress/Song actress staff remain the same?

2. Will the animation remain the same?

If both answers are YES!, then I would watch this show religously just like I do another slightly related program..cough.

DUDE, it's all MLP! PERIOD! What are you people not seeing. Do you KNOW what MLP is? It is quite litterally every-single lesson your Mother SHOULD have taught you at a young age. Be nice to others, respect others, love others for there unique value, work hard at things, never give up, and know that a REAL friend will always be there for you and you should be there for them...THAT IS ALL THIS SHOW/MOVIE/GAME GENRE IS!

To have SUCH a beef over what form the Pony is in, if its human or freaking nine eyed martians, WHO CARES! The magical brew that is the writting, animation, and voice acting that is MLP:FIM is more powerful then anything currently in circulation. BUCK YA I WOULD SUPPORT A EQGIRLS SHOW!

Don't forget how said staff bring to life those characters, hell, I don't remember feeling such love for fictional characters ever as I do with those girls

I wouldn't watch it because it isn't ponies. It would be some high school show that vaguely reminds me of it. What would the premise even be? In Equestria Girls, the movie, we barely saw a glimpse into their high school lives and the show progressed on the basis of fact that we are aware of every character's personalities from the start. One of the worst transitions would be from having these characters confront very magical and mystical elements in their own universe as ponies and transitioning it to boyfriends and tests. There would be no comparison between the two and the latter is simply inferior. Also, don't remind me of that new movie. I am not watching it and I have no idea what it is about so I am making my opinion solely on the first movie.

If it was a spin off TV series, I would very excited for it! I mean the first movie was good, the second would be better, and a series would be awesome. Well if you look at it, its been 25 years since the last MLP film hit theaters.

Also for the Twilight Sparkles, and Fluttershys. ;)

I wouldn't watch it because it isn't ponies. It would be some high school show that vaguely reminds me of it. What would the premise even be? In Equestria Girls, the movie, we barely saw a glimpse into their high school lives and the show progressed on the basis of fact that we are aware of every character's personalities from the start. One of the worst transitions would be from having these characters confront very magical and mystical elements in their own universe as ponies and transitioning it to boyfriends and tests. There would be no comparison between the two and the latter is simply inferior. Also, don't remind me of that new movie. I am not watching it and I have no idea what it is about so I am making my opinion solely on the first movie.

Kind of like the show, "Degrassi"? To be fair "Degrassi", is not as good. However Equestria Girls as a TV show with teenage drama could be bad, but I'm there for the fun factor.

• 4 months later...

No. Please, no. Even if I ignore my bias, I still think it would be a bad idea. There would be less focus on FiM overall, and I don't see the point in an entirely different show with basically the same characters.

EG was a so-so movie. But Hasbro is not doing what the fans REALLY want: a true MLP Movie. The season 4 finale was just epic and the animation is movie quality, if you ask me. Reminds me of DBZ  :squee:  Anyhoof, I'm afraid the animation studio will be burned out from meeting the main's and the spin-off's needs, so "no" for me too.

• Brohoof 1

Same quality, same voice actors, you know the drill. ;)

I was going to make it a poll, but thought there's probably too big of a range of options that could be possible. ^^

So what do you guys think? Would you watch it? Flip or rage? Be super happy over it? Let's hear it!

As for me, I would be thrilled to see EQG as a spin off TV series, I think it would be awesome. I love the movies, so why not make it a series overall? ^^

Of course, not replacing FiM by any means. ^^

Plus, the icing on the cake, more Twily Sparkles! <3 ^^

Well, it would be cool with me I guest, I wouldn't really mind. BTW, I made a thread with such series announced called "Equestria Academy"

http://mlpforums.com/topic/96493-equestria-academy-series-supposedly-on-the-way/

I dunno what happened to it, first a rumor, second it's official confirmation and.... nothing else. Dunno if they dropped the project or not

Nice work bolding Twily's name in your post  :P

I wouldn't be particularly interested since I like seeing ponies more. Though if I were to watch it, I would probably enjoy it so long as they aren't all wearing skirts and Twilight doesn't get in some sort of relationship.

I think Equestria Girls would be better as a spin-off show rather than just a movie. I'm not sure how to best explain it, but I think being a show can help explain things better than a movie since its more footage overall and there were some awkward moments in EG.