general media Favourite Foreign Actor, Singer or Celebrity?

DiscordedBrony

(edited)

Do any of you have any favourite foreign actors, singers or celebrities, such as in Europe, Asia, Africa etc.? (Not counting African-Americans, or any English decented people). K-pop counts however. Also, Spanish stars are allowed on here.

One of my favourite foreign actors is a German man named Ulrich Tukur, who is also a singer. Also a German author named Akif Pirrinçi. And a German band called Rammstein! And Hans Zimmer. African, Lebo M. As for Japanese, Ikue Otani.

I'm not counting foreigners who are American stars like Jackie Chan etc. Not being racist, it's just this thread is only for certain types of foreigners, the ones who are more well known in their own countries :) They can be known in other countries, but more so in theirs.

Who are your favourites?

Edited by DiscordedBrony

It would be Akdong Musician, a Korean band consisting of a brother and sister. I'm Asian but I have no expertise on Korean, but heck to it, cause I freaking love their band. xD My favourite foreign actor(s) would be Omar Sy, he was brilliant in Intouchables. :)

(edited)

ce1.jpg
doctor-who-more-smith-tennant-570x294.jp

Damn you for making me choose. = =.

Just kidding. About the damning part.

But seriously, please don't make me choose my favorite Doctor ever again.

(Because they're foreign actors, so they satisfy the thread requirement. Hum dum dum) Edited by SkyDream

I live in Ireland. Tecnically everyone you listed is a foreigner to me... ;)

But, in keeping with your preferences, I do love Till Lindemann of Rammstein, and Christoph Waltz from Quentin Tarantino's most recent movies.

• 2 weeks later...

Singers: Alizee, Belinda Peregrin, Mägo de Oz.

Celebrity: Janina Uhse :squee:

(edited)

I would've listed American celebrities, but I guess they aren't the sort of foreign you were meaning. Here are some I can think of at the top of my head...  

- Elif, German singer

- Rammstein, German band

- Powerwolf, German band 

- Shakira, Columbian singer (Just realised that she should be here)

Hm, this list is a bit sad. I guess i'll be off to expand my list of foreign music, and media. 

Edited by Dovashy

I would've listed American celebrities, but I guess they aren't the sort of foreign you were meaning. Here are some I can think of at the top of my head...  

- Elif, German singer

- Rammstein, German band

- Powerwolf, German band 

- Shakira, Columbian singer (Just realised that she should be here)

Hm, this list is a bit sad. I guess i'll be off to expand my list of foreign music, and media. 

I was gonna include Shakira but wasn't sure if I could as the OP said to not include 'American stars' :blush:

Happy to see someone else likes her :)

I was gonna include Shakira but wasn't sure if I could as the OP said to not include 'American stars' :blush:

Hm, I suppose so. But she does sing in her native tongue most of the time, and she was born in Columbia. I counted that as foreign enough, but you might be right. 

Hm, I suppose so. But she does sing in her native tongue most of the time, and she was born in Columbia. I counted that as foreign enough, but you might be right. 

To be honest I think you're right, I was just uncertain of the criteria :blush: Is it just me or do other ponies find that the people they know assume Shakira is Spanish rather than Colombian?

Her spanish lyric music is much better anyway :P 

(edited)

To be honest I think you're right, I was just uncertain of the criteria :blush: Is it just me or do other ponies find that the people they know assume Shakira is Spanish rather than Colombian?

Her spanish lyric music is much better anyway :P

To be seriously honest with you, after watching the Fifa World Cup song. (My first song i'd seen of hers.) "Waka Waka," I thought she was South African. :/ I searched up her nationality afterwards, since I don't like to not know things like that. 

Edited by Dovashy

To be seriously honest with you, after watching the Fifa World Cup song. (My first song i'd seen of hers.) "Waka Waka," I thought she was South African. :/ I searched up her nationality afterwards, since I don't like to not know things like that. 

Thats fair enough! To be honest, I only know because I've been a fan since 2001 and chose her as my topic of discussion in my Spanish oral exam at college ;) When I saw her in concert years ago, her tour programme was promoting her charity Pies Descalzos which helps poor children in Colombia. She's a good egg :)

(edited)

I'll allow Shakira on here ;) Edited by DiscordedBrony

I don't really follow foreign actors, but I like listening to a lot of foreign-language music. My favorite singers are Veronica Maggio (for Swedish songs) and Tal (for French songs). I also like the Finnish band Happoradio.

I used to be BIG into Rammstein.  Yay Germans!  (That's the official catchphrase / motto of Germany - in my head.)

Ummm, Idunno if Keiko Matsui (jazz musician) and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu (singer) would fit your criteria, exactly.  But I like them both / their music quite a lot.  Used to love everything I heard from Megumi Hayashibara, Tomoe Shinohara, Nanase Aikawa, and Whiteberry (can't believe I remembered those names lol).

As far as singers go, i'd say probably Freddie Mercury, he has just such an amazing singing voice and vocal range and just talent in general.

I am not saying Queen is my favorite band, I mean I listen to some of their stuff, but I still have other bands I think I listen to more.

That said, speaking purely from a singer standpoint, Freddie Mercury is pretty awesome.

When it comes to celebrities and foreign actors? I got nothing really. I don't keep up with celebrities here in America, much less outside of here ;p.