Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, Cracked Did a Thing.

FoxyCryptid

While it is nice to see someone finally acknowledge the fact that this fandom has done a lot for charity, and even /mlp/ on 4chan has donated a large amount of money to a charity that helps rape victims.

But at the same time, it is coming from cracked, who hosts articles that are so feminist and extreme they make jezeble look MRA. And the general consensus is that cracked hasn't been funny since they began to run politically charged lists on their front page. So while the apology is nice, the insult shouldn't have really happened to begin with, and coming from a website that seems to hate on the very people it once tried to appeal to.

• Brohoof 1

While it is nice to see someone finally acknowledge the fact that this fandom has done a lot for charity, and even /mlp/ on 4chan has donated a large amount of money to a charity that helps rape victims.

But at the same time, it is coming from cracked, who hosts articles that are so feminist and extreme they make jezeble look MRA. And the general consensus is that cracked hasn't been funny since they began to run politically charged lists on their front page. So while the apology is nice, the insult shouldn't have really happened to begin with, and coming from a website that seems to hate on the very people it once tried to appeal to.

I have kind of noticed that, when I started reading Cracked back in High-School they ran a lot of lists about general nerdy/geeky things like science, video games, movies, TV, comics and such. They even did a couple lists praising awesome fanworks. It was also(for better or worse) full of un-PC humor.

Now they're quicker to shit on those groups and pander to SJWs while COMPLAINING about the kind of offensive and crass humor they used to wear as a badge of pride. 

It's cool that Cracked is finally noting the good things that we bronies do, but as said before, Cracked isn't what it used to be. Who else here misses Seanbaby?

It's cool that Cracked is finally noting the good things that we bronies do, but as said before, Cracked isn't what it used to be. Who else here misses Seanbaby?

Awww.

He left? I'm going to miss his egomaniacal jokes and the running gag about how Godlike he is.

I'm not kidding and that wasn't snark. I found it legitimately funny. 

Awww.

He left? I'm going to miss his egomaniacal jokes and the running gag about how Godlike he is.

I'm not kidding and that wasn't snark. I found it legitimately funny.

I really don't get why they keep pandering to the extreme tumblr SJW with their "I hate men, and I really hate men who try to be nice and wear fedoras" articles. I mean, if the site had kept up its claim as a "humor and geek" site, then the apology wouldn't be needed. This apology, while nice, feels like someone apologizing after they lit your car on fire. Sure, it is nice that they are somewhat sorry, but they still fucking lit my car on fire.
  • Brohoof 1

I really don't get why they keep pandering to the extreme tumblr SJW with their "I hate men, and I really hate men who try to be nice and wear fedoras" articles. I mean, if the site had kept up its claim as a "humor and geek" site, then the apology wouldn't be needed. This apology, while nice, feels like someone apologizing after they lit your car on fire. Sure, it is nice that they are somewhat sorry, but they still fucking lit my car on fire.

I don't understand it either, as someone whose read everyday since High-School(reading Cracked while sit down to enjoy lunch has become part of my daily ritual) I can vouch for the fact it's had fewer and fewer legitimately funny and insightful articles. 

The point they published an article about how shitty MRAs are(despite the fact that pander to the feminist movement, which can be just as bad at it's worst) is when I shook my head in disbelief. 

I don't understand it either, as someone whose read everyday since High-School(reading Cracked while sit down to enjoy lunch has become part of my daily ritual) I can vouch for the fact it's had fewer and fewer legitimately funny and insightful articles. 

The point they published an article about how shitty MRAs are(despite the fact that pander to the feminist movement, which can be just as bad at it's worst) is when I shook my head in disbelief.

Yea, a lot of this article really feels like a half hearted "we're sorry" from cracked in an attempt to gain back some support and viewers after they burnt out half their reader base with hardline feminist articles like "why everything wrong in the modern world is the fault of men" and "10 reasons why women are objectively better than men". The apology just feels kinda empty, and came so late after they had article after article bashing us, and calling the entire movement MRA's, and trying to attach our fandom to feminism that it just feels way to little, far to late.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yea, a lot of this article really feels like a half hearted "we're sorry" from cracked in an attempt to gain back some support and viewers after they burnt out half their reader base with hardline feminist articles like "why everything wrong in the modern world is the fault of men" and "10 reasons why women are objectively better than men". The apology just feels kinda empty, and came so late after they had article after article bashing us, and calling the entire movement MRA's, and trying to attach our fandom to feminism that it just feels way to little, far to late.

That honestly makes sense, someone realized that they've been mocking pretty much their entire core-reader base(off the top of my head they've attacked people that like fanfiction, video games, bronies, and probably numerous other things I've lost track of) and wanted to try and save face with a list tailor-made to pander towards the demographics they've scorned. 

I do agree that there's way to many lists and write-ups kissing up to extreme left-wing politics lately. It's not as bad as pandering to extreme right-wing but it's still grating. 

Edited by Shoboni

That honestly makes sense, someone realized that they've been mocking pretty much their entire core-reader base(off the top of my head they've attacked people that like fanfiction, video games, bronies, and probably numerous other things I've lost track of) and wanted to try and save face with a list tailor-made to pander towards the demographics they've scorned. 

I do agree that there's way to many lists and write-ups kissing to extreme left-wing politics lately. It's not as bad as pandering to extreme right-wing but it's still grating.

At this point I almost want to see extreme right wing stuff, everything seems to be trying to pander to the extreme left (without realizing that most in the extreme left have no money, and thus cannot buy their product). It would almost be refreshing to see some right wing pandering.

And they'll do this again in the future, just wait for their "10 reasons why being a brony is awesome" list to come out. They seem to have caught on to the fact they are failing, let's just hope they can come back to geek humor.

• Brohoof 1

I like Cracked alot, probably read it every day. Sure, they run plenty of feminist type things, but I never got the impression that they hated men. 

At this point I almost want to see extreme right wing stuff, everything seems to be trying to pander to the extreme left (without realizing that most in the extreme left have no money, and thus cannot buy their product). It would almost be refreshing to see some right wing pandering.

And they'll do this again in the future, just wait for their "10 reasons why being a brony is awesome" list to come out. They seem to have caught on to the fact they are failing, let's just hope they can come back to geek humor.

Honestly, I rather not. I can laugh off the extreme left, but the extreme right legitimately scares me because I've seen horribly sexist, racist, and homophobic things on such sites.  

I like Cracked alot, probably read it every day. Sure, they run plenty of feminist type things, but I never got the impression that they hated men. 

They actually did one called "ways men are socialized to hate women"

So yeah.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I rather not. I can laugh off the extreme left, but the extreme right legitimately scares me because I've seen horribly sexist, racist, and homophobic things on such sites.

On extreme leftist sites I've seen calls for castration day, calling for the death of all white heterosexual men, and claiming that white people cannot be raped. The extreme left is just as insane and deadly as the extreme right. They just tend to blog more then rightist groups.

But it would be a fresh change of pace to see something other than "look how horribly mysonginistic the video game journey is", or their "this game is sexist, racist, and evil, here is 10 reasons why you should feel bad that it exists".

• Brohoof 1

On extreme leftist sites I've seen calls for castration day, calling for the death of all white heterosexual men, and claiming that white people cannot be raped. The extreme left is just as insane and deadly as the extreme right. They just tend to blog more then rightist groups.

But it would be a fresh change of pace to see something other than "look how horribly mysonginistic the video game journey is", or their "this game is sexist, racist, and evil, here is 10 reasons why you should feel bad that it exists".

Honestly, unless to mock something stupid or make jokes about how manly and badass Teddy is, and how batshit crazy Andrew Jackson is I kinda of wish they'd bow out of politics. 

I honestly find it odd they used to make all kinds of dick jokes and tongue and cheek "IT"S MANLY" jokes but now have fallen to this. 

Honestly, unless to mock something stupid or make jokes about how manly and badass Teddy is, and how batshit crazy Andrew Jackson is I kinda of wish they'd bow out of politics. 

I honestly find it odd they used to make all kinds of dick jokes and tongue and cheek "IT"S MANLY" jokes but now have fallen to this.

Well, certainly making constant "why all people who wear fedoras are MRA's and permavirgins" lists are not helping them. I'd be fine with one or two political lists, so long as we get a even spread across the political spectrum. But really, I wish they'd go back to making lists about video games and weird animals that want to eat you. Because seeing them insult their main userbase just drives you out.
  • Brohoof 1

Well, certainly making constant "why all people who wear fedoras are MRA's and permavirgins" lists are not helping them. I'd be fine with one or two political lists, so long as we get a even spread across the political spectrum. But really, I wish they'd go back to making lists about video games and weird animals that want to eat you. Because seeing them insult their main userbase just drives you out.

That's why I like Listverse, if they post something controversial they'll post it's opposite view point as well(for example, they've done both top reasons FOR and AGAINST gun control) to keep things equal and the site feeling neutral. 

I thought it was kind of cool that Cracked mentioned bronies in a positive light. I've been a huge fan of Cracked for years, so I especially enjoyed this particular article. Oh yeah, for those who don't know Cracked made another article involving bronies the other day. It talks about Grimdark ponies. 

http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-most-wtf-fan-art-genres-lurking-online_p2/

I read about that last night, was really surprised that Juggalos were number two on that list. Well not really, a couple of my friends are juggalos and they are very nice people.

Bronies do host a lot of charity events, if only some of our herd mates would stop freaking the hell out and focusing only the bad side of our fandom.