Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Food Combination Suggestions

Ziggy + Angel + Rain

(edited)

I consider myself a fairly adventurous eater.  Seldom do I turn down the opportunity to try a new food or strange food combination.  So, perhaps selfishly lol, I wanted to start a topic where peoples would recommend / speak fondly of interesting food combinations I may not have tried.  I'll start with some that I like:

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches.  I thought jelly and peanut butter were made for each other, but these two...  It sounds wrong, but it's oh-so-right.  You can also prepare them like a grilled cheese sandwich and get the PB a bit (or a lot) melty.

Peanut butter and Nutella; though I assume this is something others have tried.  Repeatedly.  Oh yes.

Tuna fish and practically anything lol.  I eat it mixed with rice (and sometimes green olives).  Sometimes I squirt in some BBQ sauce.  I make tuna "burgers" by combining tuna, an egg, and either bread crumbs or instant oatmeal.  Tuna mac?  Yes please.  I've even tried it with PB.  Don't necessarily recommend the last one (it's all right), but it was filling as heck.

Anchovies and rice.  Beats an anchovy sandwich.  Mackerel and rice.  So I make lots of rice - sue me! xD

Scrambled eggs and ketchup.  Mac n' cheese...  And ketchup.  Or BBQ sauce.

Instant (or I guess the mashed kind) potatoes and corn.  Or baked beans.  Or blackeye peas.  Or peas!

Peas and rice YES MORE RICE!!!

I'm sure there are others, but that should suffice lol.

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 5

On the PB and naner sandwich: Throw some bacon on it.

What I like although I haven't made since that one time was chicken breasts cut into tenders, "breaded" with flour, cinnamon and pureed peanut. Deep fried and coated with powdered sugar to taste. Not that odd but noms were had.

On the PB and naner sandwich: Throw some bacon on it.

Seriously?  I'm not that big on bacon, but now I'm really curious about how that would taste together.

Dominoes Cheese Pizza + Tyson's grilled chicken strips + Wing Sauce.

That one sounds especially good to me.

• Brohoof 1

Make a ham sandwich. Now go get some Doritos. Now put the Doritos in your sandwich. Now you have a delicious combination of chewy and crunchy!

Sliced apples on a turkey (or w/e you prefer) sandwich, french fries dipped in a wendy's frosty (or a shake, or ice cream, etc), take a bite of cheddar cheese and then take a drink of root beer, it's amazing (I have no idea why I like this so much lol). If you go to Applebee's, get the boneless wings and spinach and artichoke dip and then dip the wings in the dip, mmmmmm!!!! Mandarin oranges on pizza. Chips on a sandwich. Chips dipped in mustard (not crazy about this one but, I don't mind it). Hmmm and that's all I can think of atm.....

^^^^^^

Should try all those one day. 

I like to eat spaghetti + soy sauce.

Though I'm not sure if that's unusual enough. D;

Do you add it to just plain pasta, or can it also involve meat / meatballs?  If it's just pasta that'd be super convenient / cost effective for me to try lol.

Mandarin oranges on pizza. Chips on a sandwich.

I like mandarin oranges, I like pizza...  Sounds like a win-win to me.  Any particular kind of pizza you suggest?  Or just a cheese pizza?  I also plan to try marshmallows on pepperoni pizza soon - perhaps tomorrow. xD  And my mother told me she used to add potato chips to her PB sandwiches as a kid.  She did it because it was creamy PB, and she really would have preferred the crunchy kind lol.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dominoes Pan Pizza+ Dominoes Icing= Delish

A1+hot dog/Bratwurst= awesome

i occasionally substitute mayo instead of butter when i make grilled cheese

Edited by Aeron-Quillson

Do you add it to just plain pasta, or can it also involve meat / meatballs?  If it's just pasta that'd be super convenient / cost effective for me to try lol.

Haha just plain pasta. You can add anything else you want though. 

But careful, it can get a little messy..  ;(

• Brohoof 1

Pineapple slices + Cheese Pizza. This was technically lifted from somewhere else (a "Hawaiian Style Pizza") but it really is delicious, and this is coming from a person who is incredibly mundane when it comes to her combos so that's out of the blue enough for me.

Don't add the ham though. Ham ruins it, makes it too pepperoni-y. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

NOT MY RECIPIE

Get ready for: The Double Decker Dogurt Dipper.  (How many of you know what I'm talking about?)

Step 1. Two jelly filled doughnuts. Squeeze the jelly out. Set aside.

Step 2. Fill doughnuts with favorite yogurt.

Step 3. Spread Nutella on one doughnut.

Step 4. Sprinkle Fruity Pebbles on Nutella.

Step 5. Put other doughnut on top

Step 6. Dip in jelly you set aside earlier. Eat like sandwich. Enjoy!

Shoutout to Mythical Beasts out there! (If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's ok)

Edited by Vitani
  • Brohoof 1

Pineapple slices + Cheese Pizza. This was technically lifted from somewhere else (a "Hawaiian Style Pizza") but it really is delicious, and this is coming from a person who is incredibly mundane when it comes to her combos so that's out of the blue enough for me.

Don't add the ham though. Ham ruins it, makes it too pepperoni-y. 

I actually love just cheese and pineapple on a pizza; one of my fave ways to have it.  And darnit - now I wish I had some right now lol.

Peanut Butter and oreos.

Upon reading your post, I immediately went and tried PB + Oreos; though we only have the Golden variety at the moment.  It turned it into, like, the BEST Nutter Butter ever lol.

• Brohoof 1

i call my creation...THE CLOGGER!!!

1. glazed donut split in half

2. cheese (any kind will do)

3. fried egg (whole)

4. Hamburger patty

5. tomato, mayo, ketchup, mustard 

grill hamburger, fry egg, toast unglazed side of donut, place hamburger patty on toasted side of donut, add condiments, egg, and cheese, top with other half of donut, and enjoy...

• Brohoof 1

i call my creation...THE CLOGGER!!!

1. glazed donut split in half

2. cheese (any kind will do)

3. fried egg (whole)

4. Hamburger patty

5. tomato, mayo, ketchup, mustard 

grill hamburger, fry egg, toast unglazed side of donut, place hamburger patty on toasted side of donut, add condiments, egg, and cheese, top with other half of donut, and enjoy...

I would doubtless DIE shortly after consuming it lol.  Maybe as a last meal; if I know I'm nearing the end anyhow. xD

• Brohoof 1

I would doubtless DIE shortly after consuming it lol.  Maybe as a last meal; if I know I'm nearing the end anyhow. xD

THE CLOGGER's motto has always been "eat sparingly...unless you know your gonna die soon...then enjoy it thoroughly" 

• Brohoof 1