mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

(edited)

Does anyone know what happened to Halfblood? I haven't seen him in this thread a long time. He used to post on here all the time :/

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 1

gc21Knt.png

*snip*

I actually really like this song you posted! I'm feeling kinda angsty and pass-agress so maybe that's why. But yeah, thanks for the new song. And the same goes to everyone else I brohoofed.

• Brohoof 1

RwT75Mq.png

I've been listening to a lot of Between the Buried and Me lately.

I was listening to The Parallax I earlier today, good stuff ah tell yew hwat.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Bitches love Vildy.

Thousands of Evils better get it's ass released soon.

So I'm just sitting here headbanging like a motherfucker...

H-how do you even headbang to progressive metal? S-s-so many weird timesigs....

Does anyone know what happened to Halfblood? I haven't seen him in this thread a long time. He used to post on here all the time :/

I was thinking the same thing :V

Here, have a gif of Vincent Bennett being all angry even when he's not angry.

tumblr_mb8qzczxRv1qfryqfo1_500.gif

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

ezgif-2-b94ab321a5f6.gif.93cf1fcecd06e4273f8ea7a74cb185ff.gif 

I tend to take the high road, get stoned, and fly low . . .

biggrin.png

Not an avid Meshuggah listener but this song was/is free on Amazon, so I thought why not. Currently listening to it as I type this. :3

Demiurge is the best song on that album, closely followed by The Demon's Name Is Surveillance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Da4GCw657g

I like Koloss alot more than most people, not really sure why. It's so groovy and chill.

(edited)

Born of Osiris's new album is slated for August 20th. They've got a single out now, and it's pretty good. albeit sounding exactly like they did on The Discovery plus some orchestral elements, minus some unnecessary breakdowns.

I'd like to see how they fare without Jason, since he was basically their entire creative force.

Can someone explain to me why the people on Lambgoat are so pissy?  They seem to unanimously hate this band, and I don't hear anything wrong with what they've got going.

I actually really liked that.

From what I've seen, everyone on Lambgoat just hates everything for no good reason. Anon can say it better than I:

img-1599063-1-ff5760eb0f9c64e1e63bd61f84

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, so Avenged Sevenfold finally announced a release date for their new album. It's gonna be released on August 27, and it's gonna be called "Hail to the King". I'm not a big fan of the title or the album artwork either to be honest. But I'm sure I'll enjoy the album so it's not a big deal.

now take my selkies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19UZd_DKs2Q

gc21Knt.png

Hurray for Doom Metal, leaving some Rainbows are Free here. Believers in Medicine is one kickass LP, I've been headbanging to it all afternoon

It's like a tsunami of heavy guitar riffs storming your brain, I love it

So this video was in my recommended videos box on YouTube and I decided to check it out. I believe this guy is the vocalist of Whitechapel. I think Twiliscael might have mentioned him before?...

Anyway, I really like the points he makes in this video:

gc21Knt.png

(edited)

So this video was in my recommended videos box on YouTube and I decided to check it out. I believe this guy is the vocalist of Whitechapel. I think Twiliscael might have mentioned him before?...

Anyway, I really like the points he makes in this video:

Yourmomsponies brought that up a while ago. Some Lets Plays, which I thought were pretty cool. So I was pretty surprised to see that, even though it's pretty obvious that metal vocalists are normal people too. You just never really hear about it.

Anyway, Phil Bozeman's a cool goi. And yeah, Whitechaperr, deathcore.

Edited by Railrunner

I've been having a really grungey day today. I listened to Jar of Flies, Dirt, Facelift, Ten, Nevermind and I'm currently listening to Incesticide. But I'll leave this here because it's Burzum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BHYAjCX6n8

Yea so I was scrolling down my news feed when suddenly a wild status update somehow related to Overkill appeared.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151678498159171&set=a.10150254205194171.340977.19192564170&type=1&theater

I thought the comments were pretty funny though. LOL.

Yea so I was scrolling down my news feed when suddenly a wild status update somehow related to Overkill appeared.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151678498159171&set=a.10150254205194171.340977.19192564170&type=1&theater

I like how the top comment says Avenged is for 12 year old girls who think Slipknot is death metal. I'm not a 12 year old girl and I know Slipknot isn't death metal. And I am pretty sure most fans of Avenged are guys around my age, not 12 year old girls.

gc21Knt.png

I like how the top comment says Avenged is for 12 year old girls who think Slipknot is death metal. I'm not a 12 year old girl and I know Slipknot isn't death metal. And I am pretty sure most fans of Avenged are guys around my age, not 12 year old girls.

At my school there's a lot of girls who like A7x, not so much Slipknot though. But either way comments like those are just there to make people butthurt. You should see all the jokes people make about metalcore even though they've only been exposed to the melodic crap and not stuff like Converge.

You should see all the jokes people make about metalcore even though they've only been exposed to the melodic crap and not stuff like Converge.

The reason for that is Converge aren't really popular at all, so when someone says Metalcore the majority of people would think of Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, old A7X etc.

The comments just made me roll my eyes it's all just average boring jokes making fun of a band and saying that the band sucks.

Dude, the average Avenged Sevenfold fan is a teenage girl, no seriously a lot of 12-15 year old girls listen to A7X, it's the truth.

V9tqq9y.png

The reason for that is Converge aren't really popular at all, so when someone says Metalcore the majority of people would think of Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, old A7X etc.

Well that's a shame.

The comments just made me roll my eyes it's all just average boring jokes making fun of a band and saying that the band sucks.

It's even worse on YouTube with all the 12 year olds throwing around homophobic slurs. They're no better than the girls who think they're so "hard" because they like Linkin Park.

Dude, the average Avenged Sevenfold fan is a teenage girl, no seriously a lot of 12-15 year old girls listen to A7X, it's the truth.

There may be teenage girls that listen to them, but I guarantee you they are very far from being the majority. 

If you're talking about MCR, then most of their fans are probably teenage girls.

When I hear "metalcore" the first bands I think of are Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, etc. But that's just me.

To be honest, that kind of shit is starting to piss me the fuck off. I can't even listen to my favorite bands without seeing a bunch of hateful immature disrespectful comments. I'm about to be fucking done with people on the internet.

gc21Knt.png

(edited)

SINCE NOBODY CARED I'M GOING TO POST THE NEW BORN OF OSIRIS SONG AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN.

Upon more listening, it's actually not that great. The guitar work has nothing really special about it, which is one of the reasons The Discovery was so great, and the song itself is fairly repetitive. I hope that it's one of the more toned-down songs on the album, with more badassery to be seen later. The orchestra was pretty swaggin', though.

To be honest, that kind of shit is starting to piss me the fuck off. I can't even listen to my favorite bands without seeing a bunch of hateful immature disrespectful comments. I'm about to be fucking done with people on the internet.

They do that because they can't do it in real life without getting their teeth kicked in.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

SINCE NOBODY CARED I'M GOING TO POST THE NEW BORN OF OSIRIS SONG AGAIN BECAUSE I CAN.

BUT WE STILL DON'T CARE ABOUT IT

There may be teenage girls that listen to them, but I guarantee you they are very far from being the majority. 

If you're talking about MCR, then most of their fans are probably teenage girls

There is a countless amount of Metalhead girls who are in their teenage years listening to A7X, though the majority of A7X fans are teenagers in general.

Edited by Moog
  • Brohoof 1

V9tqq9y.png

(edited)

They do that because they can't do it in real life without getting their teeth kicked in.

Well maybe they should shut the fuck up and quit being a bunch of dickholes.

lol sorry about this, I went into super angry rant mode lol

but seriously, I'm about to just be done with this crap. I'm so sick of it.

Edited by Champion RD92

gc21Knt.png

(edited)

Posting some Finnish progressive-ish thrash metal because of reasons.

Their vocalist sings 100 % in Finnish too, probably sounds really weird for those who don't speak the language. tongue.png

Edited by ThatFinnMetalhead

img-14912-1-KTVYiQ9.png

iRacing like a boss since 2015