Which of the Mane 6 would make the best gamer? Why?

Adorkable

Hello, all! ^^

So, a little question that could take some thought.

Which of the Mane 6 would make the best gamer?

I would, of course, assume Twilight Sparkle. Mostly due to the fact that since she's nearly a genius, she could figure out the trick to beat any game with easy. Also, no hands? Not a problem! Let her magic do the job. ^^

Bonus Points: Why? Explain your answer.

twilight_sparkle_applejack_and_rainbow_d

Have fun! ^^

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I would have to go with Dashie. It's in her nature to be competitive and go all out to win. Two very useful traits for a gamer.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 7

(edited)

I want to say Twilight Sparkle, but I can't really see her playing games other than science-based ones, e.g. Kerbal Space Program, or something that requires strategy and thinking, such as an RTS. So... Rainbow Dash? She's naturally competitive, which is a common trait among gamers. I cannot see her taking a loss too well, which could become a problem in an environment where positivity is encouraged, such as a LAN party.

Edited by Daring
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

THE SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE!!!IS BACK!!!! <3

Anyways,my option would be Rainbow Dash.

Why?That's pretty easy:

-She has a lot of perseverance,a trait that a gamer must have.

-She doesn't play just for fun.She plays to WIN.

-She wants to be the best at all that she can do,so I'll supose that she's a perfectionist on that kind of things.

-And lastly,if you give her a speed game,don't hope to see it again anytime soon :D

EDIT:Btw,wouldn't be better to make a poll?You know,to keep better the votes for each member from the Mane 6 :3

Edited by Lightwing
  • Brohoof 5

I'm going to go with Pinkie Pie. Having fun is one of the most important parts of gaming and she wouldn't be a gamer unless she enjoyed playing video games. Plus knowing her, she'd probably be able to find and exploit all sorts of weird gamebreaking glitches.

• Brohoof 4

Either Twilight because it just seems natural for her, Rainbow Dash because she's competitive, or Pinkie Pie because she loves to have fun

Twilight because...

because...

Why do I say Twilight? Rainbow Dash of course! She's very competitive, and she would certainly win every game based on speed.

I would have to go with Dashie. It's in her nature to be competitive and go all out to win. Two very useful traits for a gamer.

This.  But you have to ignore the fact that a pony couldn't really use a game controller, except for unicorns.  The telekinesis gives them unlimited dexterity.  If RD could use unicorn telekinesis, then she'd be best gamer.  Now, I believe that RD would be the best player, as in she would own the rest at competetive games, but obviously Twilight would be an obsessive, completionist gamer.  I mean, she has so many Sheldon Cooper like qualities!

Also, this seems relevant.

• Brohoof 3

I'm going to go with Pinkie Pie. Having fun is one of the most important parts of gaming and she wouldn't be a gamer unless she enjoyed playing video games. Plus knowing her, she'd probably be able to find and exploit all sorts of weird gamebreaking glitches.

This ^ :)

I can just imagine her beating a befuddled Rainbow Dash, Twi and AJ (who have been playing for ages) despite not knowing anything about the game and on her first time.

I'd imagine Twilight would, but the type of gamer should would be would probably be a platformer. I can see Twilight kicking some serious butt in games like Mega Man.

Rainbow and Pinkie would be more competitive gamers... well, Rainbow anyway. Pinkie would be busy having too much fun with the game to not even think about winning, and Rainbow would be try to win no matter what. 

I was going to say Rainbow, but she would probably rage quit too much. Twilight would probably be the best gamer. I can picture her looking up strategies and such for video games.  :P

1354332567542.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

It's a tough one between Rainbow and Twilight.

Rainbow would have the competitive nature and want to win for it for sure. Which would in term make her want to be better and thus become better to some extent or another.

Of course Twilight would if she got into it probably look up all kinds of guides and such and become very knowledgeable and use that to be good. 

Plus if the using the controller part comes into play, she has magic while Dash doesn't. So it might be easier for her.

But idk, it's pretty closely matched. I feel like Twilight might be able to be slightly better if she had interest just because of her thirst for knowledge, I feel like Dash's competitiveness and want to win would mean she might just quit after a while if she isn't good relatively fast.

But it's hard to say really.

• Brohoof 1

This is a good idea

BUT, I think we are all forgetting something.

1. Ponies do not have computers or electronics as confirmed by the equestria girls movie. Sparkle had no idea how vending machines worked.

2. Ponies do not have fingers and thus cannot manipulate a keyboard like we people can.

3. It doesn't matter because I know they would just get pwned by Scootaloo anyway.....thiiink abouuttt iiitttt!!!!

I'm gonna answer this question not just on who would make the best gamer, but also how well each pony would take to video games if they were introduced to Equestria.

I think a lot of people would say Rainbow Dash to this, due to her competitive nature. But think about it: Dashie loves flying and being out in the open. She would hate sitting cooped up in a room being still. She has to move around and get out. I think Rainbow Dash's relationship with video games, if they existed in MLP, would be very much like her relationship with reading books. She would make fun of people who play video games for wasting their time. But then once she actually got forced to play some video games, she would probably become addicted due to her competitive nature and end up spending all her time trying to beat it. 

I think Pinkie Pie would make the best gamer. Pinkie Pie is extremely skilled and multi-talented (all her instruments, her ice skating, her probably eidetic memory), so chances are she'd be just instantly good at video games.

I don't think Twilight would have much interest in it as she'd probably prefer books and reading.

Applejack I think wouldn't take to technology very well, as she prefers old fashioned things and is more of an outdoorsy pony anyways.

Rarity—lol, Rarity. Just no. (Too much of a girly girl to be into video games)

And Fluttershy would not be able to stand any game with violence or scary imagery but would probably be alright with other games. I can actually see Flutter being a decent gamer so long as it's not a game that might trigger her into a panic attack.

• Brohoof 1

Y'all should take into consideration what kind of game it is, as well as the game itself due to the fact that even games of the same kind from different makers can be vastly different.  I'm awesome at any Tekken game, and about any Gran Turismo game... but I get my arse handed to me in Mortal Kombat and Forza (But hey, I guess that's why I'm a Playstation guy [in reference to GT vs Forza, of course]). And I'm not a fan of Halo or CoD or stuff like that, but hey to each his own.

So:

Tekken: Rainbow Dash (because she knows martial arts, and yes it is canon)
Mortal Kombat: Twilight (because MK uses less realistic stuff, so Twilight's understanding of magic should help)
Gran Turismo (and maybe Forza): Applejack (because country folks are better drivers, of course)
Halo (and maybe CoD): Pinkie (Because Pinkie sense, that's why)